1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get over a heartbreak.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Caged_bird, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Hello everyone.
    I m 26 years old .
    When I was 22 year old I fell in love with a guy.
    Actually it was my friends who made me fall for him I didn't intend to as I think I won't be compatible with him.
    But then sugar coating good stuff about him made me fall for him very deeply.
    He also showed me as if he loved me too via gestures and indirect communication
    Long story short I had history of serve codependency and he was flirt and fuckboy, extremely disrespectful and abusive and very serious player.

Since 2019 I was in trauma because of him and it is 2023 because it was on and off dynamics.
    I developed very serious pmo addiction afterwards.
    I begged him countless times to behave good at least for a day but he just made everything worse and worse.
    And even made me feel suicidal at many times.

Also he defamed me in front of everyone. And in the end confessed that he was already in relationship since 5 years. And that he was just using me and a sorry

While his sorry couldn't fix anything coz his damage was huge it did sort of gave me answers and a closure .

I feel anger and resentment towards this guy and that he really destroyed my life .
    But this experience taught me what love does not look like at least.

Now I am trying to find someone to marry and in a way it will make forgetting him and his abuse easier and begin a new chapter in my life but i couldn't find anyone.

So i get lot of propasals

The guys I like don't marry me and the guys that want to marry me are the one I don't want to marry because I might have compatibility issues down the line like they are very old or do not have stable job Or something .

I have been trying really hard for almost 1.5 years amidst this addiction and severe trauma to put myself up there and love and accept love, I even pray to God but it seems like it isn't timed yet for me

This makes me sad the constant rejections and previous traumas
    Also I am worried if my previous bad relationship with my ex would have affect future patner, I don't want to be judged and all.
    I have really bad anxiety regarding this and it will go when I get a patner that doesn't judge me which isn't happening no matter how much I try so anxieties keeps on piling.
    And so it kind of reminds me of the previous trauma every time I get anxious

Abusive relationship - anxiety regarding future partners judgement - since I cannot find a patner that accepts me - anxiety increase and j cannot get over abuse and trauma that I suffered.

Also trying my best and not finding a patner really breaks my spirit especially in view of all that I went through and negatively affects my reboot

Please advice me something to get my situation better

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    you_can_UK, Eri_45 and Roady like this.
  2. What's the problem if you are getting so many proposals.

This is these girls problem. You need to get realistic. Before it gets too late, start giving serious consideration to the guys who do want to give you commitment.

Caged_bird and FormerLeatherneck like this.
  3. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

did you see this funny cartoon drawing of a woman saying “I’m so lonely” and then shutting a door full of interested guys hands? Lol

4. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Well it is an arrange marriage scenario and my family has to agree as well, there is always some sort of Incompatiblity issue with those guys, like some sort of compromise involved from my side.

5. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Those guys are always having one area where I have to compromise and i have no issues with that but then I don't want to regret
    Also even these guys don't know my previous story .

6. Hi dear young lady,
    Reading your post, I feel really sorry for what you had to go through.
    Yes the world is full of jerks who think they can treat women like they want.
    But one day, they will fall from their pedestal and they will pay the price for what they did wrong to others.
    Believe me, that will gonna happen.

It's sad to see that your "friends" helped you into this very toxic and damaging "relationship".
    It seems that you wanted that so badly that you didn't see the red flags.
    You even begged that guy to treat you decently.

He defamed you publicly but the ones who look and know better know that he only defamed himself...

You are still in need for somebody to give you comfort.
    But I want to be honest with you.
    You first need to help yourself. Forget about getting a partner for a while until you have completely faced and processed the damage that dude has done to you.
    If you bear the old trauma in your heart and try to build a relationship with a guy, this relationship will become toxic as you are not able to be pure, and not able to see clear.
    The trauma prevents you to see clear. You are not seeing the red flags, what makes you attrack the wrong dudes again and again.

Please get the right help for yourself. You really need to talk yourself through your horrible experiences with that ugly dude. The trauma has to be processed unto the very bottom.

What I also see in your story is that you seem not to be able to stand up for yourself.
    That may point to issues between you and your father? Mother?
    Please first do some serious self investigation about your life before you jump into the next relationship.
    Again: as long as you have unhealed trauma in your life, every relationship will become toxic and will result in more pain and more trauma. The only reason I write this is i care for you, and I want to prevent you to achieve more trauma in your life.

I don't know if you can afford to start visit a therapist or other professional helper?
    Maybe you can start with sharing the details of your story in a private journal? Or if you have the courage to share it in a public journal.

I wish you nothing but the best.
    I promise you that if you got the courage to become patient about marriage, you will find yourself in a marriage later that will last life long.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  7. haha... absolutely.

8. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot brother . I am glad that you validated my situation.
    I know that they will pay in the end I truly believe it and they will regret it really hard.

Yes this relationship helped to shed light on my codependency issues and I really did inner work to come out of it.
    But the guy was excellent in pretending that he has feelings for me and excellent in gaslighting me that I am responsible for the way he treats me.

Yes but the people then just gossip and spread the news around.
    I kind of have fear of being rejected because of what he spread about me and I m working on that

Yeah probably looking for someone to heal the wounds but may be I should be doing it on my own
    Great advice, I m trying
    Exactly, especially the fact that trauma makes me attract wrong dudes again n again .
    But it also kind of overgeneralize mem and make me really afraid of them

That's what I am trying to do.
    I am trying to regulate my emotion buy talking positively about the situation .
    And I am trying very hard to process the trauma it is just that I am really anxious about the future and I don't know how to process it

Yes
    Any advices on how to be brave.
    Yes, I completely agree but sometimes a loving person can heal your wounds and fears.
    Yes hopefully, thanks a lot brother, it feels really nice to see someone supporting you in your tough times
    May God bless you lots and I highly appreciate your response

9. Hi,
    I'm glad you already have made a lot of steps, and did some serious inner work.
    Yes, I agree that in a loving relationship, the love that flows in between will heal both of you.
    But only you know when the time is right to start sharing your heart with a man in a relationship that will become sexually as well.

For me personally, I decided to wait for this and work on my own traumas with a therapist, and - indeed - by reading a very lot of good books.

Dependency needs to be mutual. If not it will become co-dependency.
    But you already are aware of that!

Caged_bird likes this.
  10. you_can_UK

you_can_UK Fapstronaut

please people dont let someone feel like their decisions are immature.You can never be in other's shoes, you may have difficulty in understanding that every thing that has interest in you can't have you.Its that simple.People here at the forum were at some point traumatized to a point that they thought they deserved it.Be sensitive.

Caged_bird likes this.