1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Made it to 30

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by NewDayz002, Mar 30, 2023.

1. NewDayz002

NewDayz002 Fapstronaut

Well it's been 30 days, I didn't think I would ever make it this far. Since the time I was 14 maybe 15 I've never gone more than 2 weeks with out MO. I was more of a P addict in my 20s early 30s, but always had a really good imagination so I didn't need the P as often in my 40s. Regardless, I always had the images of unrealistic sex acts in my head, my ex wife used to say she felt like an object when we had sex, it never really dawned on me until much later in life how damaging that was to a relationship. I met a woman that changed my perspective on everything, consequently I started having symptoms of ED while using condoms, very desensitized. I tried all kinds of supplements and diet, exercise etc but it never really helped much. When we would have sex I always had to go into fantasy to get off. I found NoFap while researching ED and it's changed every thing for me. Unfortunately that relationship didn't work out but I've found a new goal and a new way of life. I'm not completely healed of this addiction or anything, as a matter of fact the urges seem to be getting stronger the longer I go. But what I have learned is the ability to say no, and the willpower to resist even the strongest urges, that I would have caved to in the past. It's also good because before I was almost forcing an urge now their coming naturally.

First thing i did was get rid of the fleshlight, and anything that could be used as lube, unfollowed any accounts on IG and FB that were triggering. Some things I have started doing everyday or mostly everyday is a 20 min intense work out, sometimes I substitute with a 6 mile bike ride. I take a normal shower but towards the end I turn the water cold for a couple min. I've been reading the Bible or other books before bed instead of using my phone or watching TV. I go to bed about an hour earlier than I used to. I learned a simple meditation, that I do for 20min about an hour before bed or if I'm board, or have urges. I've been eating super healthy, almost no sugar I cheat occasionally, and started going back to church every week.

One down side I've noticed is my irritability with everything, I seem to get pissed more easily than I used to, and so far I still have the brain fog, but that could be from not sleeping well, hopefully that rectifys it's self over time. I don't really have a set goal in mind as far as days go, just want to beat this addiction, find a loving partner and not have to fantasize to have an O. I want it to be real the way God intended. Well thanks for reading and godspeed every one, we can do this, you can do this, next step 60

Robbiebob, uplift and Joseph Campbell like this.
  2. Tryingto

Tryingto Fapstronaut

Congrats, @NewDayz002!

Thirty is a big milestone. And my present aim. Thirty days and a post in here!

Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration.

Robbiebob and NewDayz002 like this.
  3. NewDayz002

NewDayz002 Fapstronaut

Stick with it, you can overcome it. I would say around the three week mark was the hardest for me, I was dealing with a lot of loneliness and boredom throughout this whole month after a hard break up, but was feeling it significantly harder at that time. Hang out with friends or family as much as you can if you have that opportunity. Exercise, and good sleep is key, I wish I could get consistent sleep, but I'll keep trying. The urges will most definitely come, hard and fast so be ready to resist with everything you got. They haven't gone away for me in the slightest, but have increased. But no one ever got stronger without resistance, so continue to fight, and God bless!

Robbiebob and Tryingto like this.
  4. TonyTokoyo

TonyTokoyo Fapstronaut

Keep going brother. The anger, irritability is flatline. It can make you do all the things you left behind once again as to lower the stress level but be warned and stay strong. It's not about months and days, it's a lifestyle. It's a decision. It's a choice. No PMO means no PMO for life. God created, Gfs and wives for a reason.

NewDayz002 and Tryingto like this.