1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for new friends and someone to talk to

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by JoshuaPaulBlackerby, Mar 27, 2023.

1. JoshuaPaulBlackerby

JoshuaPaulBlackerby New Fapstronaut

Hello. My name Is Joshua Blackerby, and I am 22. I am looking for new friends, as I am feeling lonely and I honestly dont have friends in real life. I am also looking for a long term relationship, I am straight, I am Interested in women. I tried countless sites to try dating, and I get rejected each and every time sadly. I am looking for a friendship, to turn into a relationship, then one day meeting the person face to face to start a positive life together. I was suggested this site from someone on steam, I created a forum on a video game thread, garrys mod, steam general discussions, a dating thread looking for a relationship, and it sadly backfired, and I was rejected once again. I have mental health problems, I take long term medication for these mental problems, I have bipolar depression, anxiety, I try to remain social in person, it is hard sometimes, I am honestly anti social in person, and I am trying my best to change that. I hope to make new friends here, I am new to this site as I created an account a few seconds ago and here is apicture of what I look like and I love to collect all types of outfits. Costumes too. Have a wonderful day!

Attached Files:

2. Peacelooker

Peacelooker Fapstronaut

Good luck on your journey , keep working on yourself in positive direction, don’t give up ! Life is frustrating at times! Sometimes when we detach ourselves from what we want it shows up ! Peace bro

3. F14

F14 Fapstronaut

I was looking to make friends a few years ago after a big move that made my family and I be far from friends and family. Now I have multiple great very close friends thanks to f3. Can’t recommend it enough. https://f3nation.com/workouts/

u
    se the link to see if there’s a group in your area and give it a go. Even if it doesn’t seem like give it a try. The fellowship you’ll find there will be difficult to find anywhere else.

4. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

What a beauitiful and profoundly honest post. It's funny, but reading you, I think to myself, "No way can this person be going through all this. So intelligent and articulate and connected to his lot. It just doesn't make sense". But I also know how easy it is to keep stuck in the unhelpful self-defeating thinking patterns which keep creating the very reality we are trying so hard to escape from.

One of the things I love about your post is how resilient and determined you are. in spite of the percieved setbacks, you keep getting back up and doing it all over again, and for that I take my hat off to you, because that , for me at least, is what the struggle is all about. I keep telling myself that "the process is the journey". The struggles, slips and bouncebacks are all part of the process to where we all ultimately want to get to. And will get to, as long as we keep pushing. As long as we keep dreaming our great dreams and moving towards them no matter the setabcks we face along the way. We will prevail!

It's all about perseverence and enduring and eventually elevating, and that song can be sung in any number of keys.

I also love how creatively you think when it comes to solving your problems. So visual. I also love how your solutions don't just involve yourself, but embrace others too. I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, you're an empath. Someone with a huge heart, just sadly all too often misunderstood which can make the load to bear that much more burdensome. If you resonte with that, well, I definitely do too. I think it's important to try and change perspectives, no matter how hard that may appear to be. I often try to turn things around by reminding myself that in order to have the kind of heart I do and still keep getting back up after being knocked down time and again, then I must have aseriously tough heart. That maybe mine is big enough to take on and help absorb others lack of heart.

With regards to loneliness, I feel you. I am very well acquainted with that old friend, but I have learned that, for me, loneliness is only ever experienced when I am not living the best version of myself. That i'm not living my true excitement(s). Thinking I need to fill my voids with someone or something external to myself is what has always generated that feeling of loneliness with me, but the truth is, my impression of loneliness has only ever been created by external desires and and images. For me, peace ultimately has come from me fully engaing in my life and all the things that bring me joy and truly support the life I most want to live.

It's taken me a very long time to get to where I am right now, and not for a second am I saying I am where I ultimately want to be, but for the first time in my life I can honestly say with the clearest heart and mind that I have finally found my truest excitements. Just look back over my posts to see exactly how much I have struggled during the times I've been present on this site alone. Maybe they aren't too explicit online, I can't remember, but I do know that I was not anywhere near where I am today.

A point to take from all that is...don't ever give up on your dreams, and your dreams are so visceral and familiar for everyone here (I hope people don't mind me saying on their behalf). Keep believing in what ever it is you are believing in, as it's inspiring you to keep pushing for the things you desire the most: camraderie, companionship, friendhship, love, loyalty and support.

I'm not going to talk about your depression, or taking medications for those conditions, but maybe it's no coincidence that the first post I opened up since last being here a couple of months back, was this one where someone left me a like: https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/ssris.330304/#post-3324351.

Maybe it'll be an interesting read for you?

Anyway, Joshua, if ever you want to connect and have yarn, please feel free to reach out, as I'm always here

A friend

J