1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. BlooeyGlooey

BlooeyGlooey Fapstronaut

I am grateful for
    1. The lights in my house, and that I don't have to rely on like, the sun, or a lantern for light.
    2. The church that I go to. The church I go to is a REALLY good church that's different from a lot of the other ones. There are 3 different bands that regularly go to my church that make good original music. I don't know how well I would really know God if I didn't go to this church because the community there is a lot better too.
    3. That I'm learning how to play my guitar at a younger age and not when I'm older and probably have even less free time.

2. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

I'm grateful for:
    1. The new house I am renting, which feels so nice compared to previous apartments.
    2. The feelings of fall starting to show up, like the cool mornings, the decorations, and the pumpkin flavored foods.
    3. My friend Michael from church who always brings someone new to our tuesday night bible study, and who inspires me to share Jesus.

3. Phunkie

Phunkie Fapstronaut

I am grateful:

1. For my drive to succeed. I'll admit it does take me a long time to get started sometimes, but once I do, I refuse to stop!
    2. Mario!! The first video games I ever played. They introduced me to the world of video games.
    3. My strong legs which carry me everywhere every day. Grateful to have legs today. Some people don't have these simple things that we overlook every day and so it makes me wanna appreciate them more.

4. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:

1. self discipline and the fact that I am begininning to develop a little albeit very little
    2. all the interesting things on youtube and facebook, but I am going to stay away from them for a week to see what happens
    3. I am getting closer to a sixpack everyday

5. asfixiated

asfixiated Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful that I have good music to listen to at breakfast.
    2. I am grateful that I have a boss who, while not perfect, has good intentions and is always looking to help the team.
    3. I am grateful to have a group of friends to play Dungeons and Dragons with every week (it's like impossible to get a group together, seriously :D)

6. monkey.man

monkey.man Fapstronaut

I am grateful today for :
    1. The wonderful lunch I had which I cooked myself.
    2. being a part of Nofap community
    3. My internet connection which helped me connect with you all.

7. ronswanson

ronswanson Fapstronaut

Today I'm grateful for:
    1. The ability to learn from mistakes
    2. The forgiveness and understanding of those wiser than me
    3. How motivated I felt today

8. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

It's starting to get hard now. This is good. Time to get extra creative.
    1. I'm grateful for having an unblocked nose today. My unblocked nose allows the free intake and release of air. With an unblocked nose, the taste and flavour of foods are enhanced substantially. And, an unblocked nose means being free from the annoying distraction of having a blocked nose. Win, win and win! Triple victory!
    2. I'm grateful that it's not pissing down rain today. I love rain; I really do. But I also love being able to go outside and walk anywhere I want without having to change my clothes and hanging out my shoes to dry by the fire when I return home
    3. I'm grateful for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. The best martial art out there IMO. BJJ allows a tiny person to totally dominate and destroy an enormous person, using skill and skill alone. I need to start doing it again. I miss it!

monkey.man, asfixiated and ronswanson like this.
  9. BlooeyGlooey

BlooeyGlooey Fapstronaut

I am grateful for..
    1. Cold showers, They keep me awake and alert in the morning, and stop me from masturbating. When it's cold outside, I don't really mind it as much because I'm used to it.
    2. How I'm much more social after not fapping for a while.
    3. That my parents had me join Cub Scouts when I was younger and that I'm still commited to Boy Scouts.

10. asfixiated

asfixiated Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful that today I woke up early without feeling tired (It's going to be a good day!)
    2. I am grateful that I found a music practice journalling app that has helped me structure my piano practice.
    3. I am grateful to myself that, despite feeling not-so-great yesterday, I made it to today. And I feel a lot better today! It's all temporary :D.

11. ronswanson

ronswanson Fapstronaut

Today I'm feeling grateful for the company of excellent people in this crazy fapstinence journey. So, thank you:
    1. @galaxim
    2. @asfixiated
    3. @Toven
    4. @bsteintun
    You make me laugh, you give me wisdom, you share openly and honestly, and you're all trying to be a better person.

galaxim, Pradeep and BushidoWarrior like this.
  12. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:

1. My parents who did the very best they could
    2. My sense of optimism in the face of adversity
    3. The air we breathe, every breath we take is keep us alive

monkey.man and ronswanson like this.
  13. Pradeep

Pradeep Guest

How do you find this Application.

BushidoWarrior likes this.
  14. asfixiated

asfixiated Fapstronaut

Looks interesting. Here's a great one for piano - it's like Guitar Hero (or more accurately Rocksmith) but for pianists:

I like these apps because they let you practice technique, but I think reading sheet music is an important skill and these apps can detract from that ability. Plus, when I learned it was with sheet music, so I don't mind reading it :D!

BushidoWarrior and Pradeep like this.
  15. Pradeep

Pradeep Guest

I am grateful,
    1) For Yoga class in the morning, I was on time and the hall was at right temperature, and the participants seemed to have a deep experience.
    2) to dine lunch with a good friend of mine. and spent some time chatting.
    3) For the skype call with my mom after about a week now.

16. monkey.man

monkey.man Fapstronaut

Today, I am grateful for :
    1. Being able to have a chat with one of my very good friend.
    2. The delicious hot milk, which I have just boiled and drink.
    3. Less Traffic on roads today

17. RightWolf

RightWolf Fapstronaut

Grateful for
    1. Another Day of PMO free
    2. Friends to hang out with
    3. My higher power, whom I choose to call God

18. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

You know what? I've only had two hours sleep, there's not much food in the house, I'm absolutely broke until Tuesday, and I am freaking out about upcoming exams. But, instead of pointlessly dwelling on negative circumstances beyond my control, I'm going to be counting my blessing instead - and I think you should too:
    1. I'm grateful for all the people in the world who actually give a shit, and do not hesitate to stand up for what they believe in. While there exists plenty in the human gene pool worth complaining about (if you're into that sort of thing), evidence of the better angels of our nature reveals itself everywhere you look. Human rights activists in Syria risking their lives to ensure food, shelter and medical care gets delivered to the collateral victims of that disgusting civil war; Pope Francis breaking with his predecessors and choosing to live by the original egalitarian message of the Gospels; the family members of the victims of the Boston Bomber offering him forgiveness for his abominable act of mass murder (to his face). There are many other examples like this. And they all inspire me to be a better person.
    2. I'm grateful for the modern welfare state. While it is under vicious attack from the neoliberal right-wing in our country (and other countries too), I thank the heavens for all the tireless hours of effort from generations past to win our rights that we (sometimes) take for granted. Unemployment insurance, universal health care, environmental protections, land rights for our First Nations brothers and sisters, rental assistance, tax benefits for working families, subsidised access to educational training, scholarships for low-income students. All these things did not emerge from a vacuum. Nor did they come easily. They were achieved through decades of struggle - long periods of enduring struggle with many setbacks. I'm very grateful to those people for what they accomplished.
    3. I'm grateful for all the things that have not gone wrong in the past week (but could have). One of my family members could have died, my GP could have told me that I have cancer, I could have lost a hand in a freak kitchen accident, I could have been arrested for a crime that I didn't commit, I could have suddenly lost the ability to taste food, our house could have been robbed, etc. None of these things happened. The probability of any of them happening is astonishingly low. I'm happy to live in a country in which that is the case.

19. Pilcrow

Pilcrow Fapstronaut

Today, I'm grateful for:
    1. that I am. As long as I am, I have a chance and power to change.
    2. that I am healthy.
    3. that I have a job. ( today was payday, hurray!)
    4. for this forum/website where I can voice my thought, pitch in and help other.
    5. for you. Thanks for reading this far :)

20. asfixiated

asfixiated Fapstronaut

My region may be experiencing severe flooding soon, so today's Gratitude Attitude is a special "Holy Crap I'm About to be in a Flood Zone" edition:
    1. I am grateful to be living on the second floor of my apartment building.
    2. I am grateful to have adequate water and dry goods at home to make it through a few days.
    3. I am grateful that my car is a cheap piece of s**t, because if I lose it to the flooding at least it won't be the end of the world! :D