1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Hello Fellowship! How are you? :)

5 days done, going good. No urges or temptations, still in flatline.

Withdrawal is still here, but i´m doing my chores (despite broken and demotivated), to the best of my ability.

J.R.R. Tolkien — 'It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit.'

Today i had a hard task at work, but i manage to pull it off. Great win! Proud of myself :)

Let´s keep going brothers! One day at a time, towards Mount Doom.

"5 days - With rain and fog you enter the old village of Bree."

2. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 35

Btw I'm reading the Bible in 365 days. Today is also day 35 of reading it. I hope I can read it without falling! God's will be made!!

3. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

brother,In that time,you can do some exercises and have a cold shower or ice bath...Good luck

4. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

5. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friend's!

47 day's Free of PMO.

Disturbed sleep, about 3-4 hours and not even straight. Stress levels elevated and anger as well. I miss the days where sleep was an easy thing, daily. Likely my situation is contributing to the lack of sleep, but I cannot exit the environment just yet.

Stay Strong!

6. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

It been a while I have been trying to get rid of PMO and I have been failing terribly . For the next 90 days quitting PMO will be my objective.

7. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

@breaking-myths yes, I agree with your strategy of having one main goal. Making quitting pmo your main goal for 90 days is a great idea. One thing at a time is the way to success!

8. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 32. III. Emergency report.

Got tempted harshly in bed, so had to get up, put on clothes and go for a night walk. It calmed me down for a while. I don't know what to say. I am not enjoying this. I am losing sleep. But if I start thinking that nofap is not worth it, it's over.

I feel I am tempted again. I'll try to fall asleep anyway, but if I see that it's too dangerous, I'll go for another walk.

:emoji_palm_tree:

Next reward - denim jacket on July 3rd.
    Hard mode + no shutting blockers down - day 32.
    No matter what happens in my life, this is important to me and this streak has to continue.
    No coffee at all. No tea, chocolate, etc. after 18:00.
    Calisthenics workout every Saturday. I can do one additional workout on any chosen day.

9. Stoic.

Stoic. Fapstronaut

Day 35

10. Reghu

Reghu Fapstronaut

Day 81. In the dead marshes but more alive than ever.

11. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

14 days
    Low urges yesterday
    Worked out and took a cold shower
    Keep strong my brothers.

12. Spindly Hollow

Spindly Hollow New Fapstronaut

Day zero, starting my trip to Mordor- and looking forward to a peaceful life in the Shire following.

13. :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:

Check in!

Need to stock up on warm clothes for winter. Winters can get unbearably cold. I mean, no snows, but i still find winters very hard. Especially since I have to be indoors mostly, and this room can get cold.

Need one heater, couple of pajamas, few socks, sweaters and hoodies. That should do. So far the weather has been pretty warm.

Also wanted to go swimming this season, but alas, I guess that's not gonna happen. I don't mind, if I'm getting work done, that's all I need to be satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2023
  14. A Social Construct

A Social Construct Fapstronaut

15. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 33. Emergency report.

Woke up earlier than alarm clocks, tempted to fantasise and masturbate. Got up, but I am still tempted. I'll go for a walk now. It will be easier.

I have to find my determination for today. I have lived in the world of pmo illusions for too long.

K_tough_realisations_3_2.jpg

Hard mode + no shutting blockers down - day 33.
    No matter what happens in my life, this is important to me and this streak has to continue.
    Calisthenics workout every Saturday. I can do one additional workout on any chosen day.

16. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

17. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

18. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 33. II. Emergency report.

It's bad. I am tempted to shut down blockers. I think I am getting tired of fighting. It's more and more difficult to think of the reasons why shutting down blockers would be bad. I don't have the will to think of those reasons anymore.

Probably the smart thing would be to go for another walk. But I feel lazy for that and I have stuff to do. I can't keep walking all day. We'll see...

I don't know...

19. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 33. III. Emergency report.

I am so tempted and lazy (didn't sleep much last night obviously) that all I am able to do now to avoid relapse is pressing the Panic Button. I can't believe how boring those quotes are. Nothing funny and inspiring comes up. :( I'll keep trying.

20. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 33. IV. Emergency report.

Enough playing the hero. Time to run from addiction. I'll go for a walk.

I know that disappointment after relapse -- "I could have gone for a walk and saved the streak, but I didn't". Not sure about the future, but it won't be this time.