1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Pavel

Pavel Fapstronaut

1. Im greatful for just being alive.
    2. Im greatful for being such an understanding person.
    3. Im greatful for all the posibilities that life have given me.

2. AgentShadow

AgentShadow Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for my family.

2. I am thankful for swing dancing. (Just learned the basics today!)

3. I am thankful for the great summer I had this year.

3. zero01

zero01 Guest

I'm grateful because i'm alive, healthy and with all my limbs and features on their proper place...

I'm grateful because my parents are still alive and they make my world a little more bearable

I'm grateful because i know that everything that i'm going through is to make a stronger and better me...

4. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:

1. my increased power to resist urges
    2. my increased ability to solve problems
    3. the community which is nofap

5. Pradeep

Pradeep Guest

I am grateful to the outcome of nofap :
    1) I feel more confident now. I am able to be assertive and more daring in everyday situations.
    2) I am able to be more spontaneous and dynamic communicating with people and not engaging in the stereotypical conversation all the time.
    3) Now I have more time for music, hobbies, studies etc :)

6. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

• I'm grateful that pain and suffering are temporary, rather than permanent. During today's afternoon nap, I experienced the most terrifying, brutal night terror I have ever experienced in my entire life. It was a rollercoaster of horror, anguish and suffering. I broke down and cried (last time I cried? five years ago when my nana passed away). Bad? Yes. Fucking horrible? Yes. Desperately hoping that it never, ever ever happens again? Hell yes. But, it's over now. It passed. Just like everything else in reality, this episode of existential horror began, and it ended. The impermanence of suffering is a comforting fact, and one of the things I appreciate about reality.
    • I'm grateful that I didn't totally fail my second exam. Yes, it didn't go entirely my way, and there are things that I wish I'd done differently. But it could have been so much worse. I could have given up completely and not answered a single question. I could have forgotten my pencil case or my ID card, hence not been able to sit the exam. There are so many abominable things which could have occurred, but did not occur. Thank you for not occurring, horrible things!
    • I'm grateful for my privacy, and for having the freedom to do my own thing. I am an introvert, and value me-time a great deal. I enjoy the freedom to kick back and just be myself in my own solitary environment. This isn't everyone's thing, granted; but it's definitely my thing!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    ronswanson, Pavel and Pradeep like this.
  7. asfixiated

asfixiated Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful that, despite my relapse yesterday, I am recommitted and back to fighting the habit.
    2. I am grateful to have coworkers to play cards with during my lunch break :D
    3. I am grateful for my coffee thermos, which nets me that bit of extra coffee in the morning to get through the day.

8. Pavel

Pavel Fapstronaut

1. Im greatful for being able to drink water whenever i want it.
    2. Im greatful for having so much resources at my hand.
    3. Im greatful for all the posibilities that life have given me and is still giving me.

9. zain

zain Fapstronaut

I'm grateful for..
    1. I'm in good health
    2. my creator is merciful and abundant
    3. My parents are still here to support me and watch me grow <3

10. AgentShadow

AgentShadow Fapstronaut

1. I am thankful for my friends.

2. I am thankful for the freedom of religion that I have in this country.

3. I am thankful for my siblings.

11. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful that many universities have a Special Consideration system in place. They did not always exist; there was never a special consideration system in the 1950's! But student activists fought for it, and they won it. I am thankful to them for their efforts. They have enabled clusterfucks like me to attend university and not get booted out on their arse on day one.
    2. I'm grateful that I get the house to myself on a fairly regular basis. I'd go crazy if I had to be around people all the time, especially loud, gregarious, enthusiastic groups of people. That's not my style. I like the solitude, as I mentioned in a previous post.
    3. I'm grateful for the fact that I am not my thoughts. Again, it takes mindfulness to notice this. But it is a very eye-opening fact about conscious experience. All thoughts, no matter what form they take, arise and disappear in awareness as objects, not subjective manifestations of yourself. The thoughts are not you, and you are not them. Why is this good news? Because it means you can drop back, witness them, and simply decide not to get caught up in them. That's some freedom which ought not be taken for granted.

monkey.man and ronswanson like this.
  12. ronswanson

ronswanson Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for my piano, which gives me such pleasure when I play it.
    2. I'm grateful for coming through yet another day without relapse
    3. I'm grateful for not having a boss! Becoming self-employed was one of the best decisions I ever made!

13. Sloppy_Joe_15

Sloppy_Joe_15 Fapstronaut

I'm grateful for

1) learning DIY from the greatest men I've ever met

2) needing to distract myself and turning to exercise

3) Coca Cola. I know it's bad for you but god it's good haha

14. Awesome stuff!

Things can only get better with continual progress!

Pradeep likes this.
  15. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

1) Just having the ability to enjoy the freedoms that come with facing your demons.
    2) Not having to face those demons alone.
    3) For having a better understanding of the importance of relationships. And the ability to strive for better relationships with my fellows.

16. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for toasters. If toasters didn't exist, I wouldn't be able to have peanut butter on toast, one of the most addictive foods ever (for me). A world without toasters would be a cold, mean and nasty place.
    2. I'm grateful for Duolingo. One of the best free online apps out there for learning Spanish. Not to mention its ad-free (I haven't seen any so far). I like not having to pay money to get an education!
    3. I'm grateful that I can get up out of my chair any time I want. I've seen what it can be like for people who don't have this luxury - very annoying, and very frustrating. So I'm glad that I can still do that shit, and I'm gonna savour it; it's not something that I will have the ability to do forever.

[​IMG]

17. Your chair at work I take it? At least I hope so, not sure what other situation in life you would not be able to get out of a chair (I mean that you picture yourself in, obviously many people cannot get out of chairs in this world for many reasons) gosh forbid you see yourself in a nursing home in old age unable to care for yourself let alone get out of a chair.....

1) I am grateful for my legs, not only can I walk freely but they are incredibly agile and strong.
    2) I am grateful for my eyes, they see colours so very vividly these days, beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.
    3) I am grateful for the state parks within bike riding distance from my house.

Lol, how heinous cubicle life was for me. So glad to be out of that fucking cube of torment pardon my French. Actually it wasn't all bad, it's what you make it really, ah hell who we kidding cube life is no life at all!

Btw I do love your picture quotes! I am a visual man indeed, they speak delightfully loud to me thx!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    BushidoWarrior likes this.
  18. BushidoWarrior

Yeah, I should have been a bit more detailed in hindsight, lol. I'm talking about the fact that my leg muscles are still working and I don't require assistance from an aged carer to get out of my chair, like my granddad sometimes does.

19. Ah ok.

My late grandmother couldn't walk up and down the stairs let alone make it to the bathroom alone, she had a makeshift toilet chair setup in the living room of her house, it was terrible.

My Mother never healed from her death, she was prescribed ativan at the time and has had it since (almost 20 years?).

She had cancer from smoking cigarettes and died in her early 60s (my Mother still smokes and it kills me that I cannot help and heal her, I don't want her to get sick and die early) anyways going way off topic, all I can do right now is be grateful for my own health and take care of my PMO problem, and then gain the wisdom and virtue to help my parents be healthier in their final years.

20. AgentShadow

AgentShadow Fapstronaut

1. I am thankful for oxygen.

2. I am thankful to be alive.

3. I am thankful that Jesus has given me a second chance at life.

ronswanson and BushidoWarrior like this.