1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get rid of hatred and have love and compassion towards all beings?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by HealingBodyandMind, May 7, 2023.

1. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

so I realize I am a pretty hate filled person a lot of the time. I fall into fits of rage while at home or just in my thoughts in general… even little things will trigger me to strong feelings of hatred

this hate directly affects my NoFap streaks too because it will mess up my emotional stability which I then turn to PMO as an outlet…

do you all have any tips on how to get rid of this hate?

I kind of think the hate is even instinctual in a way, a sort of protection mechanism against possible dangers… but if it is not helping me in life… how can I get rid of it?

anyone have any insight?

I have always like mafia movies like the Godfather and Scarface and American Gangster… the rage and revenge in these movies activates a primal bloodlust… and it feels good in a way..

But it’s not helpful for day to day life and for NoFap..

what should I do? :(

2. Ah, it might be tricky, but I think, I can give you some general advice.

The basic emotion here seems to be anger. Feeling angry towards something isn't bad. It's just an emotion. However, letting it control you is a serious problem, like you noticed.
    Actually, if it's all about anger building up in you, there are some simple methods that apply to your addiction as well:
    -breathing exercises - when your heart starts racing, you should take a few slooow and deeep breaths,
    -jumping - do a few relaxed jumps - your body naturally relaxes when you're jumping (a method used by stressed sportsmen),
    -working out - go and let go off all your steam in a gym, on the track or do some physical work - the best way to get rid of anger is to tire yourself,
    -after feeling that you're relaxed, don't go back to the thought that angered you!

Of course, stop watching things that build up anger like information channels (in TV, FB, YT etc.) and maybe avoid the movies you've mentioned.

onceaking and 500 like this.
  3. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

Thanks, yea those are some good things you mentioned… I’ll try to just tire myself out and complete as much tasks as possible, and I’ll avoid all YouTube or other videos that annoy me and provoke the anger response

This is a tough situation

4. CharleyBryan

CharleyBryan New Fapstronaut

Getting rid of hatred and cultivating love and compassion towards all beings is a process that requires practice, patience, and perseverance. Here are some steps that may help:

1. Recognize and acknowledge the negative emotions: The first step to changing any negative behavior is to recognize and acknowledge it. Acknowledge that you have hatred and negative emotions towards others.

2. Understand the cause of your hatred: Take some time to reflect on why you have negative emotions towards others. Sometimes our negative emotions are a result of past experiences or beliefs that we hold. Understanding the root cause of your hatred can help you to develop compassion towards yourself and others.

3. Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness is a practice that can help you to become more aware of your thoughts and emotions. By practicing mindfulness, you can learn to observe your negative thoughts and emotions without judgment.

onceaking and 500 like this.
  5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Some good suggestions here. I would add limit your time on social media and consuming news if you find that it makes you angry. You also might want to avoid mafia movies.

500 likes this.