1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nootropics: Anyone ever tried it?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by BeachDude1992, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Anyone ever tried it? What are your insights/experiences?

2. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

My advice: waste of money. Our culture is obsessed with quick fixes. Anything great in life requires effort and struggle. The intense pressure turns the piece of coal into the diamond. We learn through struggle and pressure. Think about your life...When are the times that have led to your growth and personal development?
    Supplements are not regulated...half the time they don't even have what the label says its supposed to have and it has things in them that are not on the label.
    You want clear thinking....Eat right, exercise right, contribute, and find your spiritual fix. I wish you well brother.

DogDaysOfLife likes this.
  3. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

What are nootropics? Can somebody give me an unbiased explanation?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  4. wildwood

wildwood Fapstronaut

"Smart drugs" memory enhancers,cognitive and intelligent enhancers. Stimulants.

Just Pray likes this.
  5. 240F

240F Guest

I take piracetam(1200mg), but very rarely. I have noticed improved in my productivity after taking, it slightly boosts me to do things I have procrastinated about.

6. Just Pray likes this.
  7. Cool. Piracetam gives me the edge to study harder, and sometimes gives me lucid dreams.

8. True. but some of us have ADHD, and ADD, and are tired of taking prescribed harmful drugs like Adderall...that's why I'm asking. So far, Nootropics helped me with my schoolwork.

9. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

If it works for you (no harmful side effects) and it does not break the bank. Go for it brother! I wish you much success!

10. E46469

E46469 Fapstronaut

Creatine is the best I have found. A surprisingly small amount will work, too. 1000mg a day for the first month, and 500mg maintenance dose after that. Take it with 8oz water.

Many people recommend caffeine + l-theanine, which I did enjoy, but I don't think it's advisable to take either of those long term.