1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle Fapstronaut

Embarrassing confession time:
    I had a reset on Tuesday, but I've been very busy with prep for a trip I'm about to take, so I didn't come on here and update my counter or post about the reset.

This proved to be a mistake.

Today I was tempted, and I had the thought "Well, I'm already going to have to reset my counter..." and I screwed up again. I don't enjoy telling all of you this, but I figure I'll never get healthy if I can't start being honest, both with other people and myself.

The good news: I'm going out of town and I'm going to be very busy for the next week or so, and my wife and kids get to go with me. I will have almost no alone time and lots of productive work to do, so, while I'm going to remain vigilant, I think I'll be able to stay sober.

2. Cremuel

Cremuel Fapstronaut

Hey accountability friends—just a quick check in today. I’ve been in a good place this week. It started with me trying to control everything. Once I caught what I was doing, I prayed for help with my perfectionism, and remarkably it came. I feel like I’m coasting along at the moment and things have begun to work themselves out despite all my attempts to control them. It’s much harder to overcome the urges when I hold on so tight to every little thing.

Back2BestOfMe, ANewFocus and jw2021 like this.
  3. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Just to put some really positive out there… as I’m feeling awesome!

today I’m celebrating 10 weeks clean on my first ever NoFap attempt!! Woohoo!

you can do this guys!!! It’s great the other side of this problem!

4. Heinz 2

Heinz 2 Fapstronaut

RESET after 93 days. :-(

Goal 1: ≤20 O in 2023
    → Still met :)
    Goal 2: 30d w/o M, starting 2023-05-28, 00:00 UTC
    → starting tomorrow

Goal 3: Exercise ≥15min/day and ≥4h/week
    ‌ → Maybe unrealistic. Perhaps I should change it to ≥5min/day and ≥2h/week?

[​IMG]

MisterMiracle, persona2903 and jw2021 like this.
  5. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

93 Days is amazing. You know what to do to get sober. Get back to doing it as soon as possible. The time after a relapse is critical. Each relapse it gets easier to slip and fall back, making it even harder to climb back the recovery hill each time. Get back on it today, so you’re not months or years later saying “I had 93 days once.”

6. IncorruptSeed

IncorruptSeed Fapstronaut

Unfortunately, I had a relapse.
    I lost a 78-day streak.
    I was sad and frustrated.
    However, I felt stronger than at other times, because I didn't BINGE and I could understand the reasons that led me to relapse.
    My last streak had been 120 days.
    Little by little I know I'm going to get better and get rid of this damn habit.

7. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I’m so sorry man. You have had two great streaks. What worked for you? What didn’t work?

8. NfBigGlP

NfBigGlP Fapstronaut

I could use some help getting my day count up to higher like you guys. I’m on day 7 and want to go the rest of the year with nofap

MisterMiracle, persona2903 and jw2021 like this.
  9. IncorruptSeed

Worked:
    -meditation
    -exercise
    -emergency button
    -accountability here
    -counter

Didn´t work:
    -be alone in home
    -scroll on reddit app (reading sub-reddits on phone, because one thing brings another. When I noticed, I was reading sexual content). I deleted the app. I´ll use Reddit with moderation, on desktop
    -memories. I must push them away imediately (mainly involving ex-sex partners)

10. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Really good reflection there.

MisterMiracle and jw2021 like this.
  11. Taking some rest time off from normal work to reflect on how to serve at a greater capacity. Had a woman who was poly invite me to a poly party, my girl friend was not against it either. Im noticing there are other types of relationships and learning more about sexuality and what is the true path for me based on my values and visions.

MisterMiracle likes this.
  12. IncorruptSeed

Relapsed! Once you do it, it´s difficult to break the 14-day barrier. But I´ll do it!!!

13. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hello! I think there will be a vacancy soon... are you still interested?

14. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Congrats!
    For this achievement you have already entered the "90 day achievement hall" (post #1).

15. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Ranking on post#1 is up-to-date.
    In the following days I will clean up the list of members, unsubscribing some who have their level of participation in red, making room to new members..
    If you're not actively participating, it's time to leave a post in this group :)
    [​IMG]

16. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

I just noticed I have 60 days on the counter again. I’m glad to see that! I have had 60 days a few times since I’ve been here. This time around is different. Usually on day 60 it still feels like warfare. I can say that right now I have no desire for any P.

What is my takeaway? The whole time I have been here on the site I have been putting in daily effort and it is paying off. I am healing a little bit every day. Will I ever be tempted again? Probably. Will I give in again? I don’t plan to. No matter what tomorrow holds I will continue to fight. I am determined to be completely healed and leave P behind forever. I plan on this streak being the one.

I haven’t been posting as much. I do come on here and read every day. I have a habit of liking every post I read. I do that just to let others know someone is following and cheering them on.

I haven’t been posting as much because I have been living more. I continue to put in the hours working on the online business. I’ve been away from the gym for a few weeks and need to get started back soon. I’ve been looking after the health needs of my mom and brother. Still working to kick the caffeine habit. That one is tough! I plan to post again soon.

17. Cremuel

Cremuel Fapstronaut

Hey Friends, I’m just writing quick to let you know I’m going to take a break from NoFap for a while. I want see if I’m okay without the forum for a bit, especially since things have been going well. I’m also a media addict, and if I can do without an online forum then it would be better for me. I appreciate all your efforts, examples, and inspiration over the last year. Thanks everyone.

18. Back2BestOfMe

Back2BestOfMe Fapstronaut

87 days and back to 0. Very upset,almost angry,as 90 was the big goal. So close, can´t believe it failed right now. I will need some time to digest that and make a better update. Again in a hurry,...It has been too much stress to handle and it came all together in a perfect storm. Wasn´t calibrated anymore and my definition of failure was met.

Deep breath and hope soon better times come...fu/%!

19. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle Fapstronaut

Checking in. As I'd anticipated, this past week has been great--I'm very busy, and all my downtime is with my family.

flyswat and jw2021 like this.
  20. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

Try not to beat yourself up too bad. You are early into your journey. Try to not let this become anything more than just one step back.

flyswat, ANewFocus and Back2BestOfMe like this.