1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"No sex before marriage" group

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Just Pray, Nov 1, 2015.

1. I'm a 22 year old Christian and I haven't had sex yet. I'm proud that I have managed to keep my virginity, because it's relatively uncommon nowadays, to not have sex just for fun. At least in my country. As some of you, I too consider sex as something sacred and beautiful. I want it to be something special between me and my wife. To be honest, I'm the only one of my friends who thinks this way, and it doesn't make me feel proud at all, but sad instead. Sex has become a pastime, a hobby to most people. Some guys even try to "conquer" as many women as possible and brag with the quantity of their sexual experiences. That's horrible. I wonder how those same guys are able to "conquer" so many women with their likely PIEDs these days. Maybe the PIEDs are one of the reasons they want to get many women, to feel manly. I don't know. It's all messed up.

2. I'm 20 years old, Christian and I'm also celibate. I've never had sex before but I got a bj once. (I think I could still be considered celibate?) I really do want to wait till marriage. I've only told one person that I'm a virgin and last year on my birthday she said "for your birthday I could be your first". Nothing happened, she quickly changed her mind after noticing my face lol now that I think about it tho idk if I said no b/c I want to wait till marriage or b/c of years of pmo

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    ekoluomu likes this.
  3. overcome

overcome Fapstronaut

Well said!

Just Pray likes this.
  4. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

Getting married is in fact one of the biggest motivators for me to quit PMO. The sooner I can quit, the sooner I can go propose to someone (and it might only be a few months away)! If I had already lost my virginity, marriage would lose its grandeur.

PMO is the only bad thing in my life. Apart from PMO, my life is (praise be to God) perfect.

goodboy1 and overcome like this.
  5. I know what you are saying, I agree with you.

6. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

I listened to the worthless, disgusting media, and the disgusting peer pressure from all around in my friends, etcetera to tell me that having sex was all these things everyone's stated already - manly, a rite of initiation...a hobby/ you were even 'Gay' for not even wanting to do this...
    so much manipulation. I have envy and much respect for those guys above me that have resisted and been they're own men. I don't know how you do/did it. This was when I was growing up as a teenager. I forfeit myself; I have no one to blame in reality, but myself.
    Sex is so disposable now. There are literally - if you think about it, so many empty souls and whores walking around, with literally no respect - at all. ...
    It's hard to comprehend. Even harder when they tell you, or others - that they respect themselves and it's "just a lifestyle". What bogus, self lying bs.

No sex until marriage is definitely a good idea.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  7. IGY

IGY Guest

Thanks @Eric'sBlue. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it, lol. :p

Lexy likes this.
  8. Masquerade

Masquerade Fapstronaut

I also support NO SEX UNTIL MARRIAGE

Lexy, goodboy1 and Just Pray like this.
  9. DisciplineYourMind

DisciplineYourMind Fapstronaut

Yes, sex is definitely not seen in the light it should be in today's culture. Rather than something special shared between two people, it has become nothing more than a pleasurable outlet.

In fact, sex outside of marriage (where you cannot truly commit to a person) is nothing more than masturbation inside another person. While I respect my fellow NoFappers in their noble pursuit to quit PMO, I disagree that simply having sex with somebody is any different. There is so much more to sex than just having it.

10. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

Lol @IGY, you funny guy

So when is everybody getting married? :p

11. DisciplineYourMind

DisciplineYourMind Fapstronaut

When I find the right person! The best marriages result from good friendships, so I'm just working on friendships at the moment :)

Contrary to popular belief, there isn't a such thing as "being friendzoned". There isn't this division between friends and "romantic interests". Every female is a potential romantic interest and potential friend. The two aren't mutually exclusive. This does not mean you should go around looking at every woman as a romantic interest, it just means that being friends doesn't preclude going further in the future.

12. overcome

overcome Fapstronaut

Wow, well put. I couldn't have said that better

Eric'sBlue likes this.
  13. I want to have a heartfelt relationship. some one I can connect with up there!!! not so much down there! but that's just me, the s would happen after a while I am sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
    Lexy likes this.
  14. goodboy1

goodboy1 Fapstronaut

I am a Muslim and also a virgin. I also believe in no sex before marriage. Allah says in the holy quran:
    Do not go near adultery, surely it is an indecency, and an evil way [of fulfilling sexual urge]. (17:32)

15. Phunkie

Phunkie Fapstronaut

Christian here. I'm not celibate, though I wish I could be. I mean, I can, but to be honest, I don't want to be.

I do believe sex before marriage isn't the ideal, according to the Bible's standards, but we have all sinned.

I just wanna point out one quick thing that I saw on the first page of this thread.

Sexual compatibility is not a real thing. This is just another thing our sex-obsessed society has made us believe in order for us to go out there, explore and quench our sexual thirsts.

Good sex does not just magically happen. Good sex is learned and anything that needs to be learned takes time. Why? Because sex is all about communication.

Somebody can be experienced in bed and yet not please you. Why? Because every human being has different desires and wants. Nobody fits one mold.

So no. People who wait to have sex until after marriage aren't risking finding someone who they are not "sexually compatible" with.

If you can talk and you can communicate your feelings and wishes, and you guys have similar goals and dreams, and you like each other, chances are, you're "compatible."

16. RE:covery

RE:covery Fapstronaut

I always think this as well. Imagine how many people there are feeling down and just using sex to fill a void that never seems to become full.

goodboy1 and iborntobefree like this.
  17. RE:covery

RE:covery Fapstronaut

i think @Phunkie is right. the more you get to know you're partner on a personal level the better they will feel intimately. If you're just having sex with someone you're not committed to and in that sense barely know then it's just an animalistic ritual that is taking place it would seem... but even many animals fight for a mate they then commit to.

Note; I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm also saying this for my own benefit. writing things down in places people can see it will also help me see why going near fornication is a bad idea.

Deleted Account and goodboy1 like this.
  18. very good point.

19. it's very hard, day after day, month after month, year after year. but I hope to end up in a great relationship. it just gets tiring, it never ends.

Lexy and RE:covery like this.
  20. petarungcoli

petarungcoli Fapstronaut

Good. I'm moslem. And I think sex after married is the best choice. When rebooting, i had decided not to have sex. it's about commitment. :)

goodboy1 and RE:covery like this.