1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Pull ups

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Voss, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Voss

Voss Guest

I'm gettin addicted to doing pullups. I can easily lift my entire bodyweight with my upper half, and now its given me this urge to keep practicing parkour too. Anyone else do pull ups and get any success with them? It took me ages, but I just doing this works pretty ok with my routine:

1. Use a bar/branch/pole that is as level as you can get it. Door frames vary in strength too much to really be relied upon. Then again, not every branch or bar can be that strong too. Safest option is to used a dedicated bar properly supported, but I just find a really thick branch I can grip around works wonders.

2. If you can, position it least 20cm above your head or higher, if you want a higher pull.

3. Give yourself a small jump when you go to grab on (how you choose to grab it, from hands facing you or away is your choice, hands facing away is easier though.

4. Pull yourself up until your chin gets over the branch/bar/pole/doorframe, then hold for 3 seconds, then let go.

Keep doing this and I can almost guarantee you will start developing a much better upper body.

PotentLife and Combi like this.
  2. Combi

Combi Fapstronaut

I like pull ups alot. I've had difficulties practicing them but I view them as part of my nofap challage - doing something positive that uses my excess energy.

I'm using an app with a nice rythem of increasing difficulty ... I think it's a great day to monitor your improvement . I've gone from 3 max a month ago to 12 .

3. Voss

Voss Guest

Nice idea that, I can average with my usual one up to 20 in shorts and t shirt and having nothing else add extra weight. You really start feeling the burn but damn its worth it

4. kevinkevin19

kevinkevin19 Fapstronaut

I wasn't able to do normal pull-ups almost a year ago so I started with Australian Pull-ups/Inverted Rows. Now I'm able to do about 5 max pull-ups. I'm targeting about 15 max pull-ups in a year and a half. Youtube helped me greatly like the videos below.

PotentLife likes this.
  5. Pull ups are also part of my workout routine.
    At the end of all three sets I try to do 10 pull ups.
    First set it is 9 (good ones) + 1, second set 8 + 2, third 7 + 3.
    So my goal is obviously to do them all 3 rounds without a break.