1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lose fat, Build mass, Change diet and lifestyle support/advice

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Martyr_man, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Before I share, I see you had a
    Before I share I see you broke your pmo streak. Take a breather brother it's totally fine. We all have broken or will break at some time. Think about what lead you to fap and think how you could've replaced it with a healthier alternative. At the time was walking for 15-30 minutes an option?

ShotDunyun likes this.
  2. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Rest Between Sets: 1 minute
    Rep time: 2 secs up / 1 sec squeeze at the top / 2 secs down / NO holding the weights at the bottom
    Total Time for Workout: 1 hour and 10 minutes (no more)
    -Do this workout EOD. (it’ll be 3 days one week and 4 the next week. Literally workout EOD.)

(WORKOUT) - (SETS) - (REPS)
    A 1 Body Drag Curl - 2-3 - 6-10
    A2 Close Grip Bench - 2-3 - 6-10
    B1 Incline Curl - 2-3 - 6-10
    B2 Overhead Triceps Extension - 2-3 - 6-10
    C1 Weighted Pull-up - 2 - 6-10
    C2 Incline Bench Press -2 - 6-10
    D1 Bent-Over Barbell Row - 2 - 6-10
    D2 Decline Dumbbell Fly - 2 -6-10
    E1 Barbell Front Squat - 2 - 6-10
    E2 Military Press - 2 -6-10
    F1 Hack Squat - 2 - 6-10
    F2 Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 2 - 6-10
    G Standing Calf Raise - 2 -12-15
    H Seated Calf Raise - 2 - 12-15

-If you become too sore than its okay to take an extra day off.
    -Start off doing 2 sets for every exercise and if you feel you can increase, than do 3 for the ones at the top that says 2-3. (After a while, once you're comfortable with your new routine and you want to work on a specific body part more than you can do an extra set when you want, as long as it doesn't negatively effect your other workout. E.G if you want bigger arms you can do 4 sets instead of 3 but don't over do it to where you can't bench press.)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  3. Spidey2Dope

Spidey2Dope Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply earlier! I'm looking forward to getting blood work done. I'm actually hoping that I have low t as sad as that sounds. I just want to be able to figure the cause of my anxiety and depression and fix it. I'm actually scared to have the blood test and have it come back good because that means having to go through finding an antidepressant that works and doesn't effect my damn sex life.

Martyr_man likes this.
  4. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Hey everyone I know that's a "Leroy Colbert" workout but I just want to say that that doesn't mean I'm a fanboy of Leroy. Some people may get the wrong idea. I just like this type of workout because it's the type of workout my uncle gave me when I was 16 and he's a life long all natural bodybuilder (he doesn't even take protein shakes or pre workouts) and I stuck with the eod full body workout routine from 16 y/o and it worked for me. I believe simple/ easy and proven effective methods, is the best way to go. Im not a big fan of the new school confusing stuff. I know these days there is a lot of hype about YouTube fitness people and one of the worst mistakes I made was listening to ANY of them! My advice to all of you when it comes to these guys on the Internet making videos (no matter what your fitness goal is), is don't take advice from Internet fitness gurus. Trust me, you have no clue who's being honest, knows their stuff or isn't just trying to make money on the amount of views they get. Do your research, stick to proven and simple methods that have been around long enough to see what effect it has on people in their old age. Keep it simple and understand that there is no miracle diet/ workout because your body is unique so no one knows you like you do.

ekoluomu and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

There is a miracle diet, it's called more fruit and veg :D

6. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

IT WAS! I f-ed up. I could've perfectly done pretty much anything, but I decided to follow the easy route. That was a good thing though, now I know what the chaser effect is. And of course you find yourself feeling like a pile of crap. But now I know! And I can use that energy again to get a healthy body. I appreciate the concern bro

ekoluomu and Martyr_man like this.
  7. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

No problem man we're here to help each other. Next time take a breather and go walk it out.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  8. Bobs-got-it

Bobs-got-it Fapstronaut

I have an incredible sweet tooth. Any candy is my weakness. So I'm limiting that. I cut out diet soda weeks ago. I've struggled with alcohol, I binge drink every few weeks, so I'm elimintaing that. That will be easy I don't like alcohol but my addict side does. I do cardio and weight training 3-4 times a week. With the cutback on sugar from sweets and protein increase I should start seeing results.

Martyr_man and ShotDunyun like this.
  9. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

It's like reading my life, Im doing exactly that

Martyr_man likes this.
  10. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

I
    If you keep up what you're doing and cut out the sweets and booze you'll definitely see results. Remove all sweets from arms reach. After a while you'll notice that junk food will make you feel sick to your stomach.

Bobs-got-it likes this.
  11. Bobs-got-it

Bobs-got-it Fapstronaut

Okay that's my goal. Make it long enough with out them to the point where my stomach hurts when I eat it. Humans are not even designed to have sugar like that, that should be the selling point but its an addiction in itself.

Martyr_man likes this.
  12. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

You should read the "6 mental steps" link I have on the first post and apply it to your stopping sugar and alcohol goals.

13. Spidey2Dope

Spidey2Dope Fapstronaut

Do you know any specific work outs that help reduce blood pressure? Every time I go to the doc it's always pre hypertension as in my blood pressure is around 120/80ish. I currently smoke and I know that isn't good. After my pack is done I'm gonna try and quit (again).

Martyr_man likes this.
  14. Spidey2Dope

Spidey2Dope Fapstronaut

Wow thanks man! I will definitely start the running and try to kick the damned cigs. Hopefully this helps my heart anxiety as well!

Martyr_man likes this.
  15. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

As swimbikerun said. his answer sounds good. I can give some advice on quitting the smokes. I quit cigarettes multiple times with this little method I came up with. Every time you want a cigarette, dip tobacco (try the skull citrus blend. It tastes like stripes chewing gum). Do this for a few weeks. you'll no longer want a cigarette, instead you'll start wanting dip tobacco, then every time you want to dip, put chewing gum in your mouth. Dip tobacco has 10 times more nicotine than cigarettes and it doesn't have all the extra stuff like cigarettes does. It'll crave your nicotine habit as your body weeds off the addiction of the smoking and the habit of doing something with your hand. Then your lungs won't want the smoke, you won't have the habit of doing something with your hand but instead you'll want the nicotine and you'll develope a habit of doing something with your mouth. That's when gum comes in. You'll cure the physical habit and only need to let your body get the nicotine out. Hope this helps.

16. Spidey2Dope

Spidey2Dope Fapstronaut

Makes since because when I did dip tobacco I didn't smoke hardly at all. The gum part is gonna be hard because almost all gum has aspartame in it and I don't wanna ingest that. But I will ingest smoking or dipping, what kind of logic is that! Fucking addictions man

Martyr_man likes this.
  17. Bobs-got-it

Bobs-got-it Fapstronaut

I wasn't even thinking about giving up my ecig, I've been smoking on it for years. My life is controlled by it, always filling it up charging batteries. I might be putting my self over my head quitting ,pmo, sugar and ecig all at once, but imagine how my brain will feel not being dependent on all three.

Martyr_man likes this.
  18. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Take it slow bro. Small steps of success

19. Bobs-got-it

Bobs-got-it Fapstronaut

I went to gnc last week and got some probiotic. I think it's really starting to work on my health and mood. I have minimized sugar intake, but also I'm not starving all the time. I don't crave to eat regular food or sugar. I've been eating like crap for years so who knows what I had living in there. I recommend a probiotic if your case is similar to mine, get a quality one though from what I have read in forums.

Martyr_man likes this.
  20. Martyr_man

Martyr_man Fapstronaut

Never herd of it. Could you tell me what you got going on and why exactly you're taking that? I'm curious.