1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm new here

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by soulrebel, Nov 17, 2015.

1. soulrebel

soulrebel Fapstronaut

Hey my names ahmed, I'm basically addicted to masturbation, I'm 18 so yeah. It's been going on since I was 12 and has been something I'd do routinely since then. But then I started feeling socially anxious by the time I reached age 15. And it was sooooo bad. I couldn't start a conversation with one person. Let alone keep One going. But I didn't know it had anything to do with masturbation so I kept doing it. I recently got into a relationship which ended up becoming long distance. I have tried Nofap before and I lasted 3 weeks, I swear these 3 weeks were the best 3 weeks of my life. I literally forgot what it meant to be shy. But my girlfriend would always do something to trigger masturabtion addiction and I masturabted so yeah I'm still in a relationship with her long distance still. But I don't know what to do about her

alone_boy likes this.
  2. Time2Stopnow

Time2Stopnow Fapstronaut

Hi Ahmed! To me it sounds as if you were quite motivated to get your life back on track. You already felt the advantages of NoFap after 3 weeks, imagine how a longer time can help. If your girlfriend triggers your addiction she's not doing anything good for you but I guess she doesn' know that, right? She probably thinks you like it. Maybe you should talk to her - hard step, I know (I took that road yesterday). But might be a solution. And she could became your supporter in this. I wish you best of luck!

bm12 likes this.
  3. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

Its best to remove all triggers in the early stages

Time2Stopnow likes this.
  4. Time2Stopnow

Time2Stopnow Fapstronaut

You're completely right! I just figured that if's there's a chance to get his girlfriend on board for the reboot, there is no need to remove her;) At least it is worth giving it a try

5. bm12

bm12 Fapstronaut

For sure talk to the long distance girlfriend. If she supports you in recovery then I'd say she's a keeper. If she only hinders things then I think you need to move on. Honestly, your relationship has a small chance of survival anyways if you continue with this addiction in your life.

Stat strong dude. Let's Sim for 4 weeks now.

Time2Stopnow likes this.
  6. soulrebel

soulrebel Fapstronaut

Thanks you guys for youre support and I have told her but at the sametime part of it is because of me, for some reason I don't stop myself and just let it happen