1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Masturbation urges nofap

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Chris Woodberry, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Chris Woodberry

Chris Woodberry Fapstronaut

Will the urges to masturbate calm down or go away completely?

2. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

Mine did. It took about 35-40 days before I broke a 20 year habit of daily (P)MO. Calm down is a more apt description for me as I don't think they would go away completely in the near future.

3. RdrMGK69

RdrMGK69 Fapstronaut

I would agree. IM not too far in the program but am as horny as F**K right now bc i am used to a daily PMO. I was doing better with all 3 PMO but lately slipped into more P and Psubs. Edged a bit yesterday to some P but didnt complete to O.

4. Phyzik

Phyzik Fapstronaut

If you don't fantasize AT ALL and you don't get any sexual stimulation (no edging, no looking at P/Psubs etc) they eventually go away. As soon as you reintroduce any sexual stimulus, they come back...

Mine went completly away after 10 days. I went hyper-cold turkey mode though. I didn't even look at cute guys on the street. Logged off facebook, no snapchat, no TV, no movie... I think that's what you call monk mode!

5. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

Agree. I think monk mode may be the fastest path. I look back at my journal and though I was crisp and golden when it came to avoiding all forms of pixel-based P material, I fantasized as natural compensation and that undoubtedly made my struggle harder than it needed to be. My brain was even conjuring up images from childhood and erotic women I had not thought of for 20 years. Perhaps that needed to happen the first time, who knows. Thanks for reminding me of monk mode. It is something I may partake in (even if for unrelated reasons). I wouldn't mind pulling a Tron and going off grid.

6. This 'monk mode' yall are speaking of is a well known technique over at the Your Brain Rebalanced boards, it is the highest method of rebooting IMO,

The "No Arousal" Method - Celibacy of Body AND Mind - Your Brain Rebalanced

'Twas spawned by the legendary bigbookofpenis.

NoA is the gateway to mastery over your sexuality. Granted I prefer just to use the term chaste or celibate hahah, to each their own.

Sexual transmutation and celibacy are timeless practices, granted everybody needs to smack a big fat label or brand on things these days........

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    nfprogress likes this.
  7. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

Good link. I must say, the bigbookofpenis is quite prolific in his writings (as expected I suppose). I am about half way through a first reading of the method. Briefly that looks to be best implemented in stages. Now 80 days into a reboot, I feel comfortable turning away from fantasy. Practical considerations make it tough to eliminate 'all' sexual interactions with women temporarily, but I do believe the method would be highly successful. I'll have to look into a modified version of it taking into account practical living circumstances.