1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MrScratch, Nov 28, 2015.

1. MrScratch

MrScratch Fapstronaut

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well. I just had a quick question, and need some advice.

I've been tracking my PMO usage for several months now. For the most part, any setback where I use PMO happens late at night, just before I go to bed. Occasionally, I get urges to use around midday, but not too often. Anyways, I think getting rid of the habit of using PMO at night will be a huge step towards my recovery. Do any of you have any methods to achieve this goal? I'd love to hear any advice on what methods you use to shut down an urge when they come. Mainly, I'm looking for a strategy to use at night when I'm falling asleep. Of course, any and all feedback is welcome. Thanks!

2. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Congrats! Welcome!
    Make sure you are exhausted when you go to bed. Keep the room cool around 68-69 degrees F. Black out the room (wear sleeping mask if necessary). No flashing alarm clocks. No screens before bed!! If you get the urge, get up and engage in some sort of healthy outlet (see my thread: http://nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/healthy-outlets.50125/). Keep your hands clinched on your pillow. Try wearing a pajama pant that has a drawstring and tie it up tight. This is helpful initially, once you go 8-10 nights without doing it, the urge will lessen. Check out this golden post that will help you on your journey. Stay strong! Win!
    http://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-top-tips-for-leaving-pmo-behind.35201/

MrScratch likes this.
  3. MrScratch

MrScratch Fapstronaut

Thanks so much for the response! This is both very useful and exactly what I've been looking for!

4. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

You are most welcome. I am honored to play a tiny part in your recovery. Stay strong! Win!