1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New one here! Gettin ready for a month!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by gvgt, Dec 1, 2015.

1. gvgt

gvgt New Fapstronaut

Hi, i would like to introduce myself. Pardon me if my english stumbles a little, but Im brazillian.

Im 27, and as a doctor (general medicine), diagnosed myself with a addiction to PM. Im always working, sleeping in hospitals during night shifts and the high of an orgasm helps me sleep, and slows the rush of adrenaline of my days.

My desire is to cut the PM off my life completely. But Im startin with a small task... december. 30 days. I think I can handle, I consider myself a harsh loser, so I reject to be defeated by my own body.

I´ll appreciate every comment, if useful or not.

LETS DO THIS!

fffocus likes this.
  2. brucecarlmurray

brucecarlmurray Fapstronaut

30 days is 30 days more than none. Even if they seem artificial, invent some strategies to change the minute details that would normally lead to PMO. I used to rely on the natural (Male) impulse to sleep after orgasm, but for some reason in the last year it became inconsistent and therefore unreliable. If you've been relying on this facility to induce sleep for a long time it may be a particularly difficult habit to break, BUT, Keep focused and even if it doesn't make rational sense in your mind - have a glass of warm milk and KNOW that you will feel sleepy....or whatever non-PMO replacement you invent.......and KNOW that you will feel sleepy.....
    I worked night-shift for over 10 years, so...I can tell you that, from another perspective, that even if you don't get some sleep at all, in the early stages of these 30 days, that panicking about Not-sleeping will aggravate the inability to sleep (then again if you're a doctor then you may have done the insane hours that the medical fraternity make doctors work, in the early stages of their career, so you probably know more about exhaustion than I ever will...)
    There is no right way to succeed in your ambition. Even if you do not initially succeed, keep inventing novel strategies. eg. If you can't stop having sexual-ised thoughts, stop for moment, and do Multiplication tables in your head - Whatever works for you..Best of Luck brother!!!!

3. gvgt

gvgt New Fapstronaut

Exacly, man...
    I work for about 75-85 hours a week, in a variety of shifts. 24, 36, sometimes 60 hours straight. In the ER sometimes there´s some quiet nights, and the time seems to stop. Well, you already know that, since you´ve worked nights to.

4. brucecarlmurray

Night shift is an unnatural thing to do the human body. I hadn't thought about that 'horror' for years. When I started the first night-shift (motel reception) job there was no internet facility. There was inhouse movies (VHS). but they were only renewed every 5 weeks, so I would sometimes bring in a small stereo and listen to techno at low volume. Once I had run out of regular duties to perform every night was a quiet night, unless the motel's guests were misbehaving (A mother abandoned her baby in a room once). It was a strange meditation. Listening to the fluroescent lights, eager for any sound, apart from the hum of a bank of computers, in a brightly lit cubicle, mostly blind to the world outside, looking at my reflection.........
    I can't imagine how anyone copes with Medical Responsibilities, after being awake, and at work, for 2 days straight. I've been pretty insane with lack of sleep (My last night shift job was about 5 years ago and I swore I would never do it again), but not with the parameters you describe. I know this is all off-topic, but what reason is used to justify the expectation for Doctors to work those insane hours? What possible benefit could it bring? My sleeping patterns have only settled into 'normality' (Daytime = Awake/Nighttime=Asleep) in the last year or so, because the last hospitality job I had ,before starting full time Uni, regularly finished after 1:30am, followed by a long drive...Is there any movement within medical circles to halt this widespread compulsion to have Doctors work insane shifts?

fffocus likes this.
  5. gvgt

gvgt New Fapstronaut

Well, I work in a small town, with tão more doctors. We take care of 15000 people, 24/7. We need to work like horses to maintain the hospital working. Thats the deal.

6. brucecarlmurray

WOW - then we need more way doctors in the world - Your town is lucky to have committed people like yourself looking after them.....

7. Handzfree

Handzfree Distinguished Fapstronaut

Wow... I'm in awe of your commitment to your profession. No doubt you're crucial to many people. You have to be under a lot of stress working that many hours and having to make correct decisions. I wish you the very best in your efforts. Click on my counter below and you can set one up for yourself. Welcome... Let's do it!!!
    HF

8. JTT

JTT Fapstronaut

Welcome Doctor ! stay strong & stay focus & stay connected !
    Good luck on your Journey. Keep us posted on your progress !

9. gvgt

gvgt New Fapstronaut

Five days and no hard time yet. Startin to feel confident about this. Feelin a lot better as well, but I guess you guys know the feeling.

Thanks for the support fellas. See ya.

fffocus likes this.
  10. fffocus

fffocus New Fapstronaut

I work in hospitals to, its a propitious and lonely time we pass on the night shifts. I wanna cut PMO completely of my life to. My life is perfect, i have a sweet girlfrienf n i want a normal life. My worst nithmare is someone i love to discover my "sickness". My sexual life is impaired. Its good to meet people like me, with the same problem.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015