1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Spouse/best friend

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by owler, Dec 2, 2015.

1. owler

owler Fapstronaut

Something I've been thinking about lately. I just heard of people saying that their spouse is there best friend, now, as for myself,i don't feel that way. I have a girl , and best friend as well. I think she doesn't like the way i view it, which got me thinking what others think of the topic.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  2. yoyo1

yoyo1 Guest

Can you rephrase that?

3. owler

owler Fapstronaut

Sry :3 , was rushing and forgot to proof-read!

4. Rdawg

Rdawg Fapstronaut

I personally don't buy into the significant other as "best friend" concept as some kind of necessity. Maybe my idea of a best friend just doesn't align with other's. I'll use my wife as an example. We love each other, share a life together, and are generally working towards the same goals of raising our son, becoming financially independent, taking care of each other and so on. But we don't have the same interests by and large.
    I think of a best friend as someone you connect with that you spend time with pursuing your interests. This person would be someone you could count on when you needed it, and vice versa.
    This person, this best friend, could turn out to be your significant other. But I don't think it has to be in order to have a solid relationship.

5. BlueNotes

BlueNotes Fapstronaut

I agree with Rdawg, your spouse doesn't necessarily HAVE to be your best friend, but could very well turn out to be your best friend. It's a pretty sweet deal when it does I must say ;)