1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel me?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by anony mous, Dec 10, 2015.

1. anony mous

anony mous Fapstronaut

I just realized I have next to nothing self discipline. If I want something I just do it of course within reasonable bounds. I want sleep in ill find a way to sleep in and skip uni without being harmed. I want to eat junk food at 2 am ilk do that saying I'm bulking. Today I'm meant to go out to a party while I pulled off an all nighter to write a paper and after the party in meant to go home drunk and sleep deprived and find a way to study for 3 finals next week. And thing is I don't mind that

I think this is due to simply everything always partially working out now I don't want jinx It but like I mostly do my due work so I'm always thinking if I slip this once is OK. Like for my finals one of them my grade is 100% and the other two are meant to be 90s so I just think meh I'll slip this once. However this once is getting repeated on a noticeable basis I'm afraid one day I'll always slip without doing my work thus I'll fuck up

Does anyone else have this problem?

2. anony mous

anony mous Fapstronaut

3. anony mous

anony mous Fapstronaut

I hope you'll find out the answer to that. But to be honest I cannot give you advice on that

4. Nightcrawler15

Nightcrawler15 Fapstronaut

Emotional stabiility comes with meditation. You just need to ask this.

Are you going to dedicate 15-30 mins of your life everyday for your emotional freedom?

Or are you going to succumb to blocks like laziness and keep loathing yourself.

Go on and meditate for 15 mins. You'll see the benefits immediately.

5. Johnny the Farmer

Johnny the Farmer Fapstronaut

I am just here to acknowledge that I also recognise the problems you describe. Currently struggling to feel motivated to finish my final courses for my masters. To paint the picture my masters is supposed to take 2 years, I am in my fourth year. Currently I have not yet a good solution for the lack of motivation. I guess I should probably also decide at some point what goal I want to archive in live and what job or field of study makes me feel I do something I like and contribute to the world.

6. lionace

lionace Guest

I know this very well from my times when I was a student.
    What never helped me was putting me up to goals I did not really like. In fact I knew deep inside myself that e.g. I won't do this exercise sheet in time, I won't continually visit that course and so on.
    since so many things are voluntary no one watches over you but yourself.
    today, I try to set some not-too-far goals, few are ambitious, but most really simple (e.g. go shopping a sweater I like)
    Well, even the simple things can be done in a way I can feel myself proud of. And another item checked on my TODO list...
    Since I maintain TODO list, success is measurable. Things I fail to do continually make me wonder why I don't do them. Don't I like them? Don't I need it? Is there a better goal and I didn't see it yet?

First of all it took me a long time to develop this approach, and there's still a lot of room for improvement...
    But if you start, you will see progress immediately.
    (Keep thinking of WHAT will be the positive effects of reaching the goals on your TODO.
    Rather than feeling bad and guilty for things you do not achieve reward yourself for goals you reach due to your self discipline. Even think of an appropriate reward for yourself while you are working on it! e.g. exam, thesis, etc)

7. Verhart

Verhart Fapstronaut

'Whenever you feel you don't want to do something, you must do it now.'

Takes practice, but pays back really fast.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  8. lionace

lionace Guest

Interesting concept...but doesn't apply to PMO, does it?

SolidStance likes this.