1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

If you have time please help

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Stare-at-stars, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Stare-at-stars

Stare-at-stars Fapstronaut

I will go ahead and say this may not directly relate to nofap but this is a problem of a fapstronaut. So I'm 16 and a male, ive been dating what i thought was the girl of my dreams for 6 months now and thats a long time for me usually i would date a girl for a month and they would get tired of me the reason being that i was really awkward and I still am a a bit. Anyways so ive been dating this girl for a while now shes absolutely gorgeous, she's smart,she's musical, a nerd, and at the time the easiest girl for me to talk to and this girl is honestly a girl that i could see still around later in my life, shes caring, comes from a great family, has common sense, is the tiniest bit of a rebel(her parents are really really reserved and shes mostly reserved), she wouldnt give up on anyone, goes to church, shes as innocent as i am (aside from her having her first kiss and me not:l) this girl shes just amazing in so many ways, but recently actually like 4 months ago i started talking with this one girl(i have her in 3 of my classes) because she seemed nice and the type of person i would hangout with. we"ll call her K. so K is beautiful as well shes a nerd shes musical too, and shes smart also, its also easier for me to talk to her, and sadly i can be more of myself around her to. A couple of weeks ago i began to feel something for her(we talked/talk a lot) and at this point its more than i feel for my current GF, anyways she was having guy problems a little bit ago (he was a fuckboy) and i tried to help to tell her to get rid of him because he'll only hurt her and thats when part of me thought she deserves better i could be there for her and i would be happy if i was, maybe even happier then i am with my current GF. so i quickly consulted friends and we all thought it best to just try and ignore my feelings for K and K herself, so after around a week it was over. Now we've been talking because i thought instead of us flirting with each other i could keep it under control and just have the feeling of being friends, but it wont happen. Today she told me how she didnt break things off with the fuckboy(they never dated just talked) and he did sunday night after they got done making out and her giving him a handjob in like the garden of their church or something. So i was quickly taken back first of all because id dint think she'd do something like that and second she didnt get rid of the guy. So after she told me i began thinking again that i most likely have stronger feeling towards her than my GF, and trying to ignore it isnt gonna work i know that now, i also thought about how i dont to see her get hurt she doesnt deserve that she deserves someone who'll actually care for her not her body. So i ask you the reader of this what i should do. stay with the girl who i still care about and thought was the most amazing girl ever, or end it with my GF(which would hurt both me and her and i really dont want to hurt her shes doesnt deserve that.) and possibly be happier and more of myself with K? all suggestions and opinions are welcome and if you have one please speak up.

2. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

I'm flabbergasted how your infatuation with K became even stronger once you learned of her sexual proclivities with fuckboy in the church garden - or whatever. Are you sure you're not secretly wanting to be a fuckboy yourself? Regardless, even if you were to leave your GF and go with K, it definitely would not last in my opinion - as she seems to be more of a rebel and into and after ever new experiences - some day you'll be old news and she'll move on, or be encouraged by other male friends at that time to drop you. You are also showing a certain dishonesty with your current GF, cheating and flirting behind her back. If you continue with such character development, GF will be dropping you, too, and rightly. In the end, you are all so young anyway, and none of these relationships will be steady or even existing in another year or two regardless of your choice. My advice to you is to practice being an upstanding guy now and looking for the kind of girl that you would similarly want to find as a future mate - get practiced now in the life of integrity that you want to find for yourself in all your tomorrows. Else, you'll be on here 5 and 10 and 15 and 20 years from now seeking advice of how to deal with varied superficial, codependent, and broken relationships that never seem to work out in your life. Like a magnet, you will draw to yourself the kind of women that match your own values and character. Get it right now, so that you will not have a life of regrets with future relationships.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  3. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

My advice? Character matters most. Pick a girl who is upright, caring and steady, and be those things yourself. And, realize that at your age. You may have a lot of romances ahead of you.

Now, a question: what is a "f***boy"?

4. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Anyone who's better looking than you

5. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

Women are programmed at the carnal level for the alpha male, as men are programmed for the (fertile/attractive) available female.

She likes the "fuckboy" because he has alpha qualities. On the conscious level, she knows what you told her is true (he will hurt her), but at the subconscious level, he's got the strong confident alpha qualities and she just can't help herself.

And for those who need a definition of "fuckboy", it is a boy with too many alpha traits and not enough beta traits.

I am not flabbergasted that the OP is more attracted to her now after finding out about their shenanigans in the garden. She is a female making herself very very available and that taps into the OP's carnal instincts.

It's just science. Simple.

Though we gentlemen belong to a higher order of males, the males of the future, and we are trying to transcend such carnal desires. And so, it is thus, that we shan't be temped my such debauched deeds.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  6. wildwood

wildwood Fapstronaut

I'm pretty sure there's a difference between a strong protective make with good genetics vs a complete asshole. Plus it could be the fact that this girl seems to be "easier" sexually (in his mind) because she gave a hand job near a church. You only like her because she's new and exciting, wait until you get older and realize the difference between your "fantasy girl" and who she actually is as a person (with issues, problems, baggage ect...). I understand you "feel" you like her more but it's infatuation. Clearly this girl isn't stable and you should focus on important things like school. And just break up with your girlfriend if you really feel this other person matters so much, it's not cool to string her along it'll hurt her more in the long run the longer you keep it going, let her be with someone who wants to be with her instead of a person going back and forth. I know it seems like a huge life crisis but it's not. When you're a teen even a small, tiny bump in life seems as if the sky was falling. Good luck! Stay strong. (sorry if I did sound harsh, I wish someone was honest with me when I was a teenager)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  7. BlueNotes

BlueNotes Fapstronaut

Get over yourself bro. Look at how you treat your current girlfriend. You are mistreating your current gf and will hurt her if she knew how you are flirting behind her back. Especially for months now.
    You need to look at yourself before you go pointing your finger at other dudes and pretend like you are just this white knight who will treat a girl the way she "deserves"
    1) stop being a douche and have some respect for your girlfriend
    2) if you can't stop being a douche, break up with her.
    You are young and learning I understand that. Good luck

8. owler

owler Fapstronaut

Stick with what you have. Seems to me the gamble you want to take isn't worth it. Besides, would you really want to take a risk like that?

9. Those are golden words you said there.

10. Ducati

Ducati Fapstronaut

Why would you go with a girl whos fucking another dude when you already have a girlfriend. She will just dump you later when she finds another guy. Stick with your girlfriend bro and stop cheating on her.

11. Just another one

Just another one Fapstronaut

buuurn.

But seriously, that was a very childish thing you did...

12. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

You won't be happier than you are now. Happiness is not determined by the girl you are together with, it is a state of mind. It comes from within. I would even say that you either are happy or you aren't, there isn't much inbetween. Thus, it is not measurable in terms of 'happier/less happy', and so on.

If your current relationship sucked for a good reason, it might be different. But as you describe it, this isn't the case. Your girlfriend sounds pretty much perfect to me.

If you can't value the relationship you have now, you will have the same issue in your next relationship. Learn to be grateful for the love you are receiving, learn to give love in return and not flirt with another girl behind your girlfriend's back. Then you will be happy.

13. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

But seriously, I'm sick of "fuckboy fuckboy dudebro" rants every other day. And just because that girl gave some guy a handjob behind a church doesn't mean she'll ever give OP one so I don't know why he wants her so bad.

14. DYS1994

DYS1994 Fapstronaut

I think it would be better if you just keep K away and hang out with your girl friend. From the things that you have said about your girlfriend I think she doesn't deserve to be cheated on. I partially agree with some fapstronauts who have replied here. If K does not value her self and let's her self hang out with someone who disrespect her, how can you think that she will stay with you? My advice is, don't do this to your self and don't do this to your girl friend. There are people out there who are waiting for true love to happen for them and the way I see it, you're playing around with it.