1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Problem With Today's Relationships

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lumberjack-off-Man, Dec 17, 2015.

1. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Maybe this is why these threads get deleted. It started with relationships and somehow it just turned to beliefs. I completely agree with @Lumberjack-off-Man and @Eric'sBlue. It's gonna be hard, if not impossible, for all of us to get to an agreement.

Lumberjack-off-Man likes this.
  2. If you don't just pursue pleasure cause of God then you are just a little kid who is toeing the line because mom and dad are watching.
    If you do the right thing even when no one is keeping guard then I can say that you are moral.
    And 5 billion people don't follow Christianity.
    You think that they don't have morals.

I'll do all the good things Christianity talks about, but I'll do it without the fear of god.
    You do it cause you are afraid of him.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  3. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

If it doesn't matter then why did you make a post blaming men for it?

4. Lumberjack-off-Man

Lumberjack-off-Man Fapstronaut

Actually what I was saying is that there is something much more meaningful to pursue because I believe in God. I don't not pursue pleasure because of God because pleasure is meaningless to me in sight of God.

I think that those people think that they have morals but they don't have any meaning behind them.

Why would you do all the good things Christianity talks about without fearing God? What's the point? Don't bother following Christian ways without fearing God, there is no point. Just go do whatever you want man. And you are exactly right, I do fear God. I fear Him and love Him; which is why I give my life to Him instead of pleasure.

I think you are confused. I was talking about the rise of feminism is partly man's fault. I was not talking about the rise of that definition of man.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  5. You ask what is the point in doing good things?
    By and large all religions talk about similar stuff, doing good.

Kindness, compassion are not Christian traits, but human traits.

I will the do good things for the sake of doing good things, because I know that's the right thing to do.
    My conscience tells me
    I have a rational mind, I can evaluate.

I don't think we ought to be doing things out of fear. I can't trust such a person because I'll think what happens if the guard goes away, what will thay person do if she or he thinks that she or he isn't being watched.

I think we have the capacity to be good on our own.

With or without god/ religion, good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things.

ICleansedMe likes this.
  6. Lumberjack-off-Man

I am not saying you cannot show compassion because you are not Christian. I am saying that there is no point in doing that if you don't believe in a higher power. Why should I care about anyone else but myself if there is no God?

Sure, go do those good things that you think are good. But may I ask what your reason is for doing those things other than the simple "Because I think they are right."

I don't follow God simply out of fear alone. I do it out of a love for Him as well, which is much stronger than the fear.

7. Why do I need to believe in a higher power?
    I believe in Humanity
    I feel compassion, empathy, logic, reason and common sense
    I don't need a higher power for meaning. And that too who existence cannot be proven.
    If you don't teach children about God, you'll have a bunch of people who don't need a higher power for meaning.

One of the 8 schools of Hinduism is atheistic.
    Carvaka school of thought.

Believe me, I don't find any lack of meaning

8. Lumberjack-off-Man

You do not need to believe in a higher power to feel compassion, empathy etc. but without God there is no point in actually acting upon those feelings. Nothing is keeping me from being totally selfish without God.

9. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

In general, women are better than men at certain things and men are better than women in certain things. The beautiful thing is that we are complementary to each other (which I believe @theGECK was referring to). That is, when we work together as a unit (as equals), the family and the society will flourish! Stay strong! Win!

Eric'sBlue and Jen@8675309 like this.
  10. Lumberjack-off-Man

I'm gonna be honest right here when I say that I didn't really get anything out of reading your comment because everything you said was covered up with a bunch of ambiguous and rather superfluous analogies.

Also, if truth is a mirror or a hologram than something or someone has to make that mirror or hologram.

11. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Keen thinking! Delicious. Thanks for sharing. Stay strong! Win!

ICleansedMe likes this.
  12. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

I'll agree, the definition of manhood has changed...men were always banging women, but it Was different - you're right; it was still more just about the pure pleasure...which is actually beautiful - in my opinion, because it's natural. The definition of men racking up as much as he can I abhor: it seems insecure - why would you go on to base your identity off of an insecurity? how moronically stupid? I don't know where this came from...but himmelstoss has some interesting points on that, which I've never considered - he may be right. Or not. In anyway I can't stand it, along with lots of other men.

I agree that for true equality to flow out it will always be tenuous, but ....when we stop trying to outdo eachother is when we fit together and compliment eachother in the way God made us to- what's going on now is a tragic shame! ... I think people are being purposely misled as I've stated several times before.

I've started a new thing. When I see every female and male around me and, things start to get gender bended or confusing, or wrong... I just pull into myself for a moment - and I quietly acknowledge in a loving and gentle way the female and male in everybody I see. I try to really look and appreciate it in that person...sometimes you have to really look hard but, not usually- and to let it flow into an outward 'air' of that through my feelings and body language. It doesn't fix the situation - the situation actually sucks terribly, it is that in our day we are actually walking around very many damaged obscured hidden people. But, This is affirming to that person, and so it is good. It really works- to help loving people and allow them to remember and acknowledge who they really are. I feel so many people have forgotten who they really are - or are confused and lost. You get a smile back, most times....it's amazing and truly blessed when this occurs. This is pretty much the only thing I can do...but it's so simple and profound it works wonders. Just like a yin and yang ....when there's too much of one thing, it must be balanced out with the opposite. There's no other way. It's like the stoichiometry of the universe.

The other day I was in a mid eastern cafe. I couldn't believe how amazingly beautiful and gorgeous the single women were in that place - they were all smiling vibrantly and brilliantly femininely, naturally, they weren't afraid to let their feminine natures show....this is how it should be!! - women need to stop seeing their inborn feminine natures as something to overcome. That's self-loathing. it was as if this is what a true feminine female would appear. I'm not kidding when I had to fight falling instantly in love with each of them. It was at the same time, so heartbreaking to realize this as well. My feelings of joy were eclipsed instantly by those other feelings which, sadly clouded out the entire experience. I also had guilty feelings ironically enough - going for and falling in love with one of these women would admit to my shame ...just how sad everything in our culture was/is.... and this was a contrast that was too hard at that moment for me to bear. I also pictured, and know this would happen - angry jealous American masculinized women - their feminine natures destroyed , hurling insults at me and just hating me for the rest of my life. It was very sad. These sweet, feminine creatures were just staring at me, innocently and beautifully...while instead of being there I was overcome with my depression - and they had no idea. It was maddening. And I got so depressed and blue - I had to walk out of there and leave.
    Hopefully, next time I will be able to manage those feelings while I appreciate the beauty that's there. That's the end goal, for me.

I do believe men and women need to return to acknowledging the beauty of us being men and women, and stop trying to all change ourselves and be something we are NOT. ...We need a change of focus , off the arguing to what We Want, for ourselves again. Like the rudder of a ship this small thing, a focus, steers the whole vessel.

We can't be lazy, there's a lot of work to do ... .. People aren't leading themselves, so we have to help show them.

Christian love is a great start, but....it also doesn't have to be the only way.

As for arguing over why, or that in times past we are longing for something in a different time that could be so much better - King Solomon, probably the wisest man to ever walk the face of the earth, has some advice; do not long for or say, "things were better then", for you know this does not come from wisdom, when you say these things.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    ICleansedMe and taqwa like this.
  13. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Well they're directly related. Women are now doing almost everything that was once unique to men (while the media claims they can do everything better than us and have babies so what do we need all those nasty men for?) But we still have our penises (although you better hope your mother didn't want a girl.)

Eric'sBlue likes this.
  14. Lumberjack-off-Man

They are related, but not directly the same and not what I was talking about. I just wanted to point out that we were talking about two different things. It does not matter if they are related or not because it still caused for a bit of confusion on my part.

I think I was tired, sorry bout that, thank you for not launching into tirade.

ICleansedMe likes this.
  15. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Thank you Dev-abc! I am very humbled to play a small part in your recovery! Stay strong! Win!

16. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

I can sense your growing maturity! You will always have a bigger audience with mercy, love, and inclusiveness. It is ok to disagree but do it respectfully! I wish you much success brother. Stay Strong! Win!

ICleansedMe likes this.
  17. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

It's just frustrating for me guys, I'm sorry. I'm trying to become a better person, more complete man...and in doing so, I realize just how many women, and men, are not natural acting around me. Its very strange...it feels scary and perilous. It's difficult.

I had felt so much more in balance overseas, and I didn't know why, it's the women I think. The women are a seat of society - once they go, everyone goes ..men go awry;and it was not hard to get women over there, either.

An out of balance woman will throw the balance of a man off.

Still debating on what to do about this, my situation. I'm just trying to keep myself in balance, that's all a man can do. It's hard for men in America.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    ICleansedMe likes this.