1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any other guys uncircumcised. If so are you glad

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Caleb Grashner, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodboy1

goodboy1 Fapstronaut

I am not against being uncircumcised. I have done it for religious purpose. But the latest scientific research tells that being circumcised have lot of benefits as compared to being uncircumcised.
    Source http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/male-circumcision-benefits-outweigh-risks-cdc-says/

AlltheRageBackHome likes this.
  2. IGY

IGY Guest

I respect your reason to be circumcised as a Muslim @goodboy1.

Thank you for providing a reference re: the efficacy of circumcision. But I would like to see "the latest scientific research", not simply a statement by an American institution that routine circumcision of babies is necessary. There is a culture of male genital mutilation in US, so it would carry more weight for a disinterested organization to pronounce the so-called benefits of chopping off a healthy foreskin.

3. I find that maintaining proper hygiene isn't that tedious a task that one cuts away the foreskin.
    Also, just cause there is the potential to catch skin diseases, bacterial infections, cancer etc. Doesn't mean that I'll try to reduce the amount of skin I have.
    There may be potential benefits but one must keep in mind the cost of the surgery, what if something goes wrong.
    And as for STDs, I'd rather practice safe sex than chop off my foreskin

WhoStoleMySock likes this.
  4. I'm glad I'm uncircumcised. I'd rather be natural.

The first time I pulled my foreskin back it was really sensitive and it was slightly hard to get the foreskin back to normal! Gradually the extreme sensitivity lessened.

I've done some reading about the circumcision debate in the past and I don't believe there's any scientific justification for mass circumcising young boys. I'm not going to denigrate circumcision in general either though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
    rigiddan likes this.
  5. goodboy1

goodboy1 Fapstronaut

@IGY i want to make it clear that i support circumcision for a child not for an adult. Because adult circumcision is some what risky. You can check some scientific research here- https://islamqa.info/en/7073

6. I'll say the other way round. A child cannot give consent. It's a procedure which takes away a part of the boy's body and is done without consent.
    An adult can make an informed choice.

7. IGY

IGY Guest

As far as I am concerned @goodboy1, slicing off part of a little baby's penis is barbaric. I agree with @JohnathanSmith btw. Something that serious, requires consent. This should be a decision for adults only, Children should be protected from this.

8. aziz

aziz Guest

@IGY I think there is an overlap between religion and tradition. People, in general, think of religion as a tradition. And I think that many deviations originate form mixing up those two things.
    I dont know yet, for muslims, from where this circumcision originated from??
    When I think about it, especially for the earlier days, where they did not have qualified doctors who are quiped with both tools and knowledge, how they did it??? This freaks me out !
    Since we talk about circumcision, not only men are concerned with that. In some countries in Africa, they do circumcise women as well!! I know that they do it in Soudan, and Ethiopia, but I dont know if it is so common for women as it is for men in those countries. In my country, we never do such a thing, and I never heard about it. This is why, I strongly think that it is more a tradition, that found its way into religious belifs, then the other way around

ICleansedMe likes this.
  9. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

I'm sure we could find a way to justify the medical benefits of cutting off our pinky fingers if it had some religious origin.

It never was done for health reasons and to claim so is rationalizing after the fact.

10. IGY

IGY Guest

Apart from religious requirement, this is the only justified reason for circumcising a minor, when a disorder is present. You are right about the Egyptians who practiced routine circumcision before the Jews did. Some circumcised boys and men can masturbate easily when circumcised. But many find their unprotected glans penis dries out and it can be uncomfortable or painful to do so without lubrication. The point made earlier was that you can masturbate by sliding the foreskin back and forth over the head of the penis and no lubrication whatsoever is needed. Just a little misunderstanding in what was meant.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2016
  11. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

I like being uncut. I can't imagine any major benefit to being cut, if your foreskin functions properly. You just have to remember to pull it back in the shower so the water can get in around there.

I was also utterly confused about this as a child. I could understand why all the guys in P had these mushroom-looking penises. I didn't know I had the gland under the skin too. I had such tight skin, I couldn't pull it back at all. Most probably the skin tightened up from a urine infection I remember having at probably around 5 or 6 years-old.

Anyway, watching P led me to further research (medical sites) to figure out that my foreskin should be loose enough to pull back. It took probably 1-2 years to stretch it out enough so that it was functioning normally, probably at about 14 or so.

Despite all of that hassle, I like my foreskin.

12. IGY

IGY Guest

Foreskins are fab! :)

NoBrainer likes this.
  13. toucansam

toucansam Fapstronaut

anyone else find this thread really really painful to read??:(

14. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

Oh, yeah, I forgot to answer the question which was the purpose of the thread. Of course I'm glad a straight razor wasn't used to slice of a segment of my penis almost immediately after I was born. I have my father to thank for that, himself having been circumcised, but non-religious and a logical, well-educated man, recognized that I might appreciate some mercy on his part. It makes me wonder, what do they do afterward, do they stitch the wound, or what? Then you have to care for the wound after it's done to make sure it's not infected, and then you have diapers along with that... What a mess.

15. Alix

Alix Fapstronaut

I am actually somewhat upset about my circumcision. I wish my mom never did that to me. It makes me feel inferior, and that my body doesn't belong to me. She made a permanent choice, so there's no going back.

I don't know about other circumcised men, but I would never do this to my male children. It is natural and there for a reason,
    I just don't understand why some people feel so compelled to do this, or doing it for any reason inflicting it onto another person.

However, I am trying foreskin restoration, I know it won't be as good as the one I was born with. But it's better to have a pseudo-foreskin than none at all.
    And I hope I don't get backlash on this for "advertising". But there's a company named "Foregen", in which goal is to make foreskin regeneration a reality for circumcised male. They are expecting to be done, reaching their goal by 2019.
    They will probably reach their goal much quicker with more funding and popularity.
    This, and foreskin restoration is the last shred of hope I have right now.

EDIT:
    "Foreskin Restoration" is a manual process tugging the skin to make a pseudo-foreskin.

"Foreskin Regeneration" is regeneration of the natural foreskin with all the functions and nerves.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  16. This is precisely why I don't support circumcision of children, unless for medical reasons.
    Even religious reasons are nit acceptable because one never knows what the boy will want later in life.
    It's his body, and parent's are not a sufficient reason to tamper with the boy's body, in my opinion.

17. Phyzik

Phyzik Fapstronaut

I'm happy with being circumsized. We are less sensitive, so NoFap is easier, we get less random boners induced by random stimulations (correct me if i'm wrong other circumsized dudes). Also I think we get less wet dreams.

The only bad part about being cut is that you ALWAYS have to show your sexual partners how to jerk you off... I don't know about you straight guys, but as a gay guy, every guy i've been with asked me how do cut guys jerk off... People think that we get hurt because we don't have a foreskin .___.

18. IGY

IGY Guest

Do you have to use lube to avoid soreness etc.

19. Phyzik

Phyzik Fapstronaut

I can't jerk off using lube. It gets way too sensitive and it's not enjoyable at all... If someone else jerks me off using lube it's (very) fine and pleasurable. Never figured out why... o_O

I never seen a cut guys who jerk off with lube, most of the men who do this are uncut and they say they do it because the mouvement of the foreskin gets them sore...

20. IGY

IGY Guest

Hmm, that's an anomaly. Interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.