1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What does your Username and Profile Picture mean?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ShotDunyun, Dec 20, 2015.

1. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

I'm always curious when I see your posts, if your usernames have something to do with NoFap or they just have another meaning, deep or not, as well as your Profile Pictures.

I'll start first, my username is from a Chuck Palahniuk's book, Rant, is the name of one of the characters. It doesn't have any meaning but it sounds cool to me. And my profile picture stars Ash Williams from the Evil Dead franchise, I love the movies and the character, I chose it because he cuts off his own hand and in a twisted way I relate it with NoFap (no hand, no PMO).

So It'd great to know the story about yours:)

2. volt2187

volt2187 Guest

My username is boring, it's an old mmorpg name (went by Volten, volt for short) and 2187 is my birthday, February 1, 1987. My profile picture though has special meaning to me for two reasons.

First, after telling a professor that I would tell myself "don't suck" when hitting the wall during my races, to say "be amazing" instead. Secondly, and in an weird coincidence, it's the same picture a friend of mine uses for her facebook cover photo. Me and her were friends from highschool, and we hadn't seen each other for over 10 years. I bumped into her a year ago and she's literally changed my life, as she's dealt with a lot of personal struggles herself and she showed me my inner strength and gave me the confidence to live the life I was meant to live. When I google searched for pictures with amazing in them, for my profile picture, that one came up and I knew I had to use it.

Cheesy yes, but I honestly feel bumping into her and reconnecting was meant to be since she's opened my eyes to how I've wasted my life by feeling bad for myself (and thus pmoing to feel better about my "issues"). I probably screwed it up by being too clingy but just reconnecting with her told me that I can't dwell on the past and that nothing is permanent (when we stopped seeing each other after highschool, it wasn't on the best terms [thus I thought I would never see her again], so I thought...long story haha).

ShotDunyun likes this.
  3. IGY

IGY Guest

avatarivn, ShotDunyun and NoBrainer like this.
  4. randompatriot

randompatriot Fapstronaut

My username is pretty straight forward, just a random guy who loves his country BUT not to the point of being xenophobic and intolerant. I find it sad that certain people's actions have made the word 'patriot' into a generally negative connotation in many parts of Western culture. I mean for crying out loud, one of the beauties of humanity is that we are a diverse species that can find so much common ground among each other.

My picture has a lot to do with my love for fantasy and fighting adversity. I took it to contextualize myself my fight against PMO addiction and inspire me (like in the stories) to fight the Monster I created for myself all those years ago. Its an image I found in deviantart which I used to visit often when I was younger.

TakingTheSteps and ShotDunyun like this.
  5. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

Mine is from a song called "If this is Love, then I'd Rather be Lonely" IMO it's very apt in an inverted, contradictory way for these boards, because this feeling I get that I thought was love, in reality, isn't.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  6. Username is a racing horse's name.
    Avatar is a photoshopped Lego man with my parodied face and hairstyle on it.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  7. Deleted Account likes this.
  8. the_grindel

the_grindel Fapstronaut

I was once traveling to a nearby town with my ex-girlfriend's family and they noticed there was a geocache not far out of the way.
    (Explanation of geocaching: https://www.geocaching.com/guide/default.aspx)
    We found the geocache and it was the first one I had helped to find. You're supposed to write in the log who all was there. I had no codename, so they named me The Grindel due to my constant smiling.

The avatar is a picture of Sergey Shnurov who is the bandleader of a Russian ska band called Leningrad. I have no idea what the words underneath him say... Leningrad is great though.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  9. SaifImmi

SaifImmi Fapstronaut

My name is Saif but Immi is like short for Imran

Picture doesn't have anything to do with my user, I watch anime, and he's called Goku, a OP character from Dragon Ball with his Super Saiyan God!

ShotDunyun likes this.
  10. avatarivn

My username has been the same one I have used for so long that is almost a part of me (some people just call me "avatar" for short).

My picture, I don't know. I just wanted something that said "bring it on NoFap. I dare you". :mad:

I was kind of curious about @IGY and this did not dissappoint. It was one hell of a story

ShotDunyun likes this.
  11. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Hahahahahaahahaha that's actually a cool story

Thanks for sharing!

I like that picture. Sometimes I look at Devian as well, so many P subs though

I actually liked the song even though it's not my style

I love Legos. Yes, I'm an adult

12. mr lonely

mr lonely Guest

Oh well this is my username and you can tell the story lol
    :p:p

WhoStoleMySock and ShotDunyun like this.
  13. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

I read it thouroghly and couldn't find the question about the profile picture

I loved the song! I've seen your avatar around and I was curious about it, I thought it was from The Transplants band

Hahahahaha, that gets funnier everytime

By "OP" you mean "Overpowered"?

I'll call you avatar from now on then

14. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Some people say there's a difference between being alone and being lonely. I belong to the first ones

mr lonely likes this.
  15. My username is from when I learned (very little) Sumerian cuneiform. It's the closest English way for the word messenger. I've been using it because I wanted to remind myself I'm supposed to be a messenger (as a Christian). The pic signifies how indecisive and lazy I can be in not changing it...

ShotDunyun and TakingTheSteps like this.
  16. In the first post, OP says he wants to know the origins of our names and avatars (profile pictures). But that's okay! Lol not trying to be a downer :p

ShotDunyun likes this.
  17. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Not okay though, that means I didn't read thoroughly hahahaha

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  18. Haha it's all good ;)

ShotDunyun likes this.
  19. cryptifly

cryptifly Fapstronaut

This is a great thread! Back when I was younger I always used the moniker Sage of Creation because I loved creating things. But I got tired of that and decided to think of a new one. Cryptifly is a combination of cryptic and dragonfly. "Cryptic" because that's how I've experienced myself the most and "dragonfly" because that's my mother's and my own's favorite insect. I've had it for years and I still love it. It's very unique, I think. My avatar is supposed to represent inner strength and success. I did a google image search for the word "strength" and this is what spoke to me the most. This picture looks like a man who is free [of suffering], happy and courageous, something that I aspire to be.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  20. I love calisthenics (bodyweight training), that word comes from the Greek words kálos (κάλλος) and sthénos (σθένος). Unfortunately, I noticed a few months later that it's not as original as I thought, someone else in the fitness community already calls himself that (similar but not identical).

It can be as shallow as that but the two words mean "beauty" and "strength" and that is a deep meaning for me as I always believe that strength is not only physical but mental as well and to fully develop the strongest version of yourself, it's not just your body but also your mind.

Mental strength is crucial for me in regards to NoFap, I lack in that aspect and it's tough (months and years) but I understand that every new day is progression and if I follow the right steps and stay strong, I will be able to improve my mental strength and that will carryover to many aspects of life.

The profile picture is inspired by the book trilogy and movie series called The Maze Runner and I am a huge, huge, huge fan of them. Obviously, the stories themselves have a deep meaning behind them outside of entertainment and adrenaline rushes, but particularly I feel that the maze in the first book/film to be the most breathtaking.

Basically the kids believed that they have no way out and that all hope is lost, but all they've been doing is running and trying to find an exit. Once the main protagonist came, his curiosity and determination led them to an exit that took a lot of struggle and fighting to get to.

It's similar to NoFap for me, don't just keep running away from the urges and expect to outrun them and have the addiction just disappear. Face the urges, stop fearing the uncomfortable and take control of your own body and mind, then you will find an exit and you will be free from the drawbacks, all the bad stuff and experience the benefits.