1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

is coffee good?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ultra Zork, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Ultra Zork

Ultra Zork Fapstronaut

I do not drink coffee and I don't know if I should start or not

2. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

If you're going to drink coffee, drink a little good coffee, rather than a lot of overpriced froth.

SolidStance and Ultra Zork like this.
  3. DudeFromAfrica

DudeFromAfrica Fapstronaut

Give it a try? Personally I'm more of a tea guy

Deleted Account and Ultra Zork like this.
  4. i hear you...quality over quantity

JoePineapples and Ultra Zork like this.
  5. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Don't start. You don't need it. It's one of the biggest addictions in the world.

6. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

I has certain benefits, such as antioxidants and metabolism boosters but it can increase anxiety.

Ultra Zork likes this.
  7. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

8. For me, Coffee and I share a wonderful relationship together. We both love each other. We don't like hanging around with milk and we both pick each other up. Sometimes my friend Single Shot brings a friend and we go out together. The sweet taste of burnt, roasted, chocolaty goodness from my double espressos can never be matched. Now coffee in a cold shower, now were talking bliss.

Seriously, coffee is an adult drink for mature people. It has serious flavors and should be enjoyed by every human unless medically impossible. I always feel bad for people who don't enjoy coffee, it is so great.

Loverofwife likes this.
  9. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Good points. I agree that coffee (or at least high quality coffee) is primarily an adult drink especially because of its complex favors.

What makes me laugh a little is how there are adults who have the taste buds of a 10 year old child and find coffee to be strange.

For example I know this one guy who is 50 years old and he only eats burgers, pizza, soda, Kool Aid and basically children's food. He cannot drink coffee because his palate is identical to a child. Occasionally I will see adults who have taste buds that never matured after the age of 10.

SolidStance likes this.
  10. owler

owler Fapstronaut

hah so am i! i drank coffee since i was like 8, but over the years ive become more sensitive to caffeine. so, i just drink English breakfast tea.

DudeFromAfrica likes this.
  11. Yandere Scientist

Yandere Scientist Fapstronaut

For me, I it increases anxiety and provoke diarrhea. I don't know how it happens, but it does provoke diarrhea to me. When I stop drinking coffee for some time, everything's well again.
    It's hard for me but I also have to stop coffee because it brings me only bad things, even though I like the taste and all. I have stomach pain and farts are just horrible. When I stop coffee, all of that is gone.(Already tried once)
    Tea isn't my thing, I've tried it but it's not that great when I compare it to coffee.

Stopping masturbation and coffee at the same time, yoohoo ! :rolleyes:

Ultra Zork likes this.
  12. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

For the diarrhea thing, coffee can at times be like a laxative and stimulate a bowl movement. I've read about this before.

I admit that I do drink coffee and maybe I'm a sheeple perhaps.

But I will say that lately I've been drinking Japanese matcha green tea which is a high quality powdered green tea. At first I did not like it very much but after a while, I really enjoy it especially cold on ice. The only down side is that the good versions of matcha is expensive. It is considered to be a superfood and perhaps the healthiest drink in the planet but I drink it for the taste actually.

That said, If you're a coffee lover, even high quality green tea cannot replace it though since coffee is so unique.

13. Yandere Scientist

I had diarrhea almost the entire year because I've been drinking coffee almost all this year. Just the usual stuff, 3 cups per day, but my stomach doesn't like coffee at all, lol.

Well, it'll help reduce anxiety so, it's a win-win situation to stop drinking it.

Ultra Zork likes this.
  14. Ultra Zork

Ultra Zork Fapstronaut

for me I am asking if I should start because I don't drink coffee

15. Guys honestly, I'd recommend going for the herbal tea route instead. It's much healthier.

You've got green tea, chamomile tea, ginger etc... Lots of options. Like others have said, it's easy to become addicted to coffee (caffeine). Go for the healthier options in life.

If you're someone who feels you need coffee for helping you stay awake, then why not deal with the root of the issue and find out why you're not getting enough sleep in the first place. Or better still, just go to bed earlier.

I don't mean to sound like everyone's mother, but please take care of your body. Sleep more, and make sure you're sleeping well. Herbal tea before bed is even supposed to help calm nerves and help with stress. You're killing two birds with one stone really, overall better health and better sleep.

16. Yandere Scientist

You're not wrong, because coffee really becomes an addiction. It does not work the same way as masturbation but it does become something that help you make a day. But when you drink it for some years, you know that there is issues with coffee, at least for some persons. Like you said, it won't solve the problem.
    So if you take coffee because you want to have a good time, you'll end up drinking coffee when you plan to watch a movie, or play a video game or when you study. It will become less easy to do something without coffee. That's what I have experienced and why I think it's not something you should try.

17. Lumberjack-off-Man

Lumberjack-off-Man Fapstronaut

It can be good for you as it helps with peristalsis if you're constipated and lowers your overall risk of death by 15% from cardiovascular disease, neurological diseases, and suicide but it can be bad if you become dependent on it as a source of caffeine. And it tastes very good, there are so many different types of coffee out there it's fun to try em all.

Ultra Zork and SolidStance like this.