1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who else is alone on New Years Eve?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by fapstopper, Dec 31, 2015.

1. fapstopper

fapstopper Fapstronaut

Hey I'm Fapstopper,
    This is the first time i have ever been alone on New Years Eve.
    It's not fun, ofcourse i would rather socialize and be with friends or family.
    But this year is different, I broke up with my girlfriend and now have to make my own plans. Which is hard sometimes.
    But I'm not sad, depressed or feeling very lonely tonight.
    I won't let myself.
    I've been cleaning my house, organizing stuff, working out, doing laundry and other things to keep me busy.
    Tonight I will get myself comfortable and play a video game and treat it just like any other night (just with a lot of bangs and firework noises from outside ofcourse ;)

So being alone on New Years Eve doesn't mean you necesarilly get depressed or feeling lonely.
    Treat it like any other night and the time will fly by!

So, if you are alone this night, remember the new year will bring lots of new opportunities possible friendships and money-making chances

You-are-not-alone

WarriorScarr, silverlukas and Rav70 like this.
  2. jatar

jatar Fapstronaut

Same here, I'm spending the night alone. Trying to keep busy with reading, preparing for a move this weekend and will probably try to do some exercise. Not feeling depressed one bit, though an hour ago for a moment I was wondering if something's wrong with me, but pushed those thoughts away :).

fapstopper likes this.
  3. fapstopper

fapstopper Fapstronaut

You sound strong, indeed keeping busy/ occupied is key.
    We humans are the ones who can control our thoughts and emotions!

WarriorScarr and jatar like this.
  4. dsareph

dsareph Guest

I didn't really keep in touch with my high school friends, so I don't have anyone to hang out with tonight now that I'm back for Christmas break. I think New Year's Eve is the most overrated holiday ever, so I'm really not upset about it.

I'll be playing Tales From the Borderlands tonight, so don't think you're the only one out there making their own fun.

fapstopper likes this.
  5. MyNameIsX

MyNameIsX Fapstronaut

I've got nowhere to go. I've been manically tidying my house and ranting at the local council about poor bus services. Its been an incredibly relaxing experience.

My city goes psycho on New Years Eve. There's usually a field hospital setup in the city centre to deal with the fallout. Not a chance I'm getting involved in any of that bullshit.

I plan to start the new year slightly ahead, with nothing pressing that needs worrying about. There will be plenty of time for fun in a few days time, but without drunken stabbings etc.

6. Digg217

Digg217 Fapstronaut

I'm spending NYE indoors, just me and my cat. The last two years I had a gf to spend NYE with, but we broke up in April. I've been trying to remember what we did last year on this day, but I can't remember for the life of me...most likely, we just got drunk and fought.

About 8 years ago, I broke up with my fiance in August, and spent that NYE with my mom and a few her friends since I didn't have anyone else I could hang out with. I waited until the ball dropped, and got the fuck out. It was horribly depressing. So depressing, that I vowed I wouldn't spend another NYE like that again. The following year, on Dec 30th, I drove West for 10 hours, until I got to a place where I decided I'd spend NYE. That was when it occurred to me, NYE is just a day. In the big spectrum of things, it doesn't matter. I just put a ton of importance on it, and gave myself some much unneeded anxiety. The following day I drove back home, and spent the next couple days watching Weeds. I got a few calls from friends, but I told them I was having too much fun watching this goofy show to hang out.

7. cuddler

cuddler Fapstronaut

I was alone but I didn't mind. I think that it's a day just like any other.

8. Lesoldat

Lesoldat Fapstronaut

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I remember i had such a terrible night the first time i was alone on NYE. Questionning myself about why this was happening to me, why i wasn't partying.. but today i almost wanted it. I don't know about you guys but going out with people who doesn't even care about you, getting drunk, spend so much money on something pointless.. and wake up the next day not as happier as the day before. Instead, I totally enjoy to stay home making something that's interesting to me or spend time with family/people i love the company.

9. IamMike

IamMike Fapstronaut

I was also on my lonesome this NYE as my plans fell through last minute.
    No regrets though as it was some quality me time planning and prepping for 2016 and deciding to join/commit to NoFAP. It all happens for a reason. Who knows, If I had gone out on NYE then perhaps I would have been fapping away at this very moment instead!

10. F-8

F-8 Fapstronaut

I know that I was but what does it mean to be alone? Does it mean that you are alone alone or do you want someone to love you for who you are kind of alone?

11. Digg217

Digg217 Fapstronaut

OP is referring to his lack of plans, not a lack of a SO. Now, if he said he was "lonely" on NYE, I think he'd mean he's longing for a special person in his life.

12. F-8

F-8 Fapstronaut

Ok I get it.

13. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut