1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My goals for 2016...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by JCMD_hi, Jan 2, 2016.

1. JCMD_hi

JCMD_hi Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,

First some backstory: I first discovered nofap at the begining of last year. I've taken part on and off with my longest streak being just around 50 days. My problem was MO not P, I barely ever used P. Anyway I found my streaks lasted longest when I was meditating, studying and practicing lucid dreaming, while, and perhaps most importantly, visiting the forums either here or on reddit frequently. I would visit once or twice a day and it would keep me going, when I stopped that I began to justify one MO.

My last streak was also my best and it ended in November. I wanted to get right back on nofap but sadly I didn't, I have been M'ing around 3-4 times a week.

Anyway my goals for this year are simple; to go as long as possible without PMO as I can. I won't make any goals of reaching a full year, well I will but I will take one day at a time and if I should fall I will get back up.

I also plan on reading at least one book a week for the entire year as part of a reddit group called /r/52in52

Further, I want to continue my meditations and lucid dreaming

Finally, and perhaps I want this more than anything I have listed, I want to study more and beat my procrastination.

What are your goals?

2. spartanroma2800

spartanroma2800 Fapstronaut

Same as you bro, I want to go as long as I can without PMO. I'm just having trouble with fighting urges at night, other than that I can deal with it. Btw that 50 days streak's amazing! You can do this.

JCMD_hi likes this.
  3. Nice goals, my goals are otherworldly :)

JCMD_hi likes this.
  4. Wildstar

Wildstar Fapstronaut

I too am at the 50 day mark. I had to guesstimate on the exact day nevertheless it's been about 7 weeks of no PMO. I relapsed once with just MO but that wasn't my goal. No PMO is my goal and I'm striving for 100 days. 90 days seems a bit odd ;) Anyway, My main goal is to go as long as I can without PMO. I suffered from PIED a few months ago and thankfully discovered this site which diagnosed my condition. Since I quit PMO I'm back to my old self and my lil' feller is working again.

The lucid dreaming sounds intriguing. I'd like to hear more about that and what that's all about. I also like to spend more time reading. Although reading puts me to sleep so I can't get far into book especially at night, :)
    Another goal of mine is to stick with NoFap indefinitely and try and help others on this site, perhaps get an accountability partner and be a part of this worthwhile community. Good luck all!

JCMD_hi likes this.
  5. JCMD_hi

JCMD_hi Fapstronaut

Good luck achieving that and congrats on 50 days!

As far as lucid dreaming goes it's very easy, there a ton of ways to do it. If you like I could message you some of them?

6. JCMD_hi

JCMD_hi Fapstronaut

Hey,

Good job so far, a really good way to get rid of night urges is to read, if you find a good book you can read till you fall asleep.

Also a good way to get rid of erections is to tense your arm and leg muscles for around five seconds then let go. If you do this for a minute or two they usually go away pretty fast.

Good luck.

spartanroma2800 likes this.
  7. Wildstar

Wildstar Fapstronaut

Hey JC,

Sure message me anytime. I'd like to hear more about the lucid dreaming. I've heard of the term on Star Trek (big Trekkie) but didn't really think it was real.

8. spartanroma2800

spartanroma2800 Fapstronaut

Ahhh I see. Thanks man! Good luck for your future! Keep fighting!!

JCMD_hi likes this.