1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Yourself in 5 years

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by anony mous, Jan 3, 2016.

1. anony mous

anony mous Fapstronaut

Ever since i was a kid i hated the idea of being mediocre. What a daunting idea, to life a mediocre life where i slave my life and time in change for survival needs and have some fun every now and then. Ofcourse, im better that billions of people and i appreciate that really, but i always imagined myself being that charming movie character who is so warm gets all the girls, and can do virtually anything. As a kid i grew up admiring that character, thinking that theyre just born with it or that theyre born with it to compensate for some major flaw. However, as i grew older i realized, no one is born with it. "It" being the wealth, the knowledge, the talent, the charm all combined into a perfect character. I realized that these characters are based on real life people, ofcourse polished versions, but nevertheless i realized that these real life people worked and worked their asses off to get to where they are. I also realized that the definition of working your ass off isnt staying up one night, or even one year until the sun comes up. Its working every day, every single day to be a little bit better that before. As the days, months and years pass youll find yourself in a position where you can reap the benefits of your work.

A really simple and common example is a youtube comment i just saw. I was browsing the skyrim soundtrack, and a youtuber said " at minute XX:XX i never heard that song before and i played Skryim for 800+ hours" Another youtuber replied " you couldve learned a real money making skill"
    how true! Instead of all the time on tvs and online we could learn several skills. I feel like most of us, including me, just do the bare minimum of responsibilities that are set on us by the expectations and norms of society - for example an 18 year old going to college to get a job later. And once we finish the bare minimum work we just indulge in all sorts of distractions that take hundreds of hours yet do not benefit us. If we just adjust ourselves to indulge into distractions that take hundreds of hours but DO benefit us then we grow and improve. However to do this we must start DOING and stop thinking about it.

For me i always saw myself as a/having
    great programmer
    a great body that is toned and big
    a successful business owner
    acting with utter confidence
    having loads of experience
    great with women
    knowing a great deal about social interactions and psychology and being very social

adding to this list mastering a engineering drawing program since i was told it widens my job opportunities
    and meditation and journaling

so in 5 years i see myself as a
    great programmer with at least one mobile app in the store
    having a great body im proud of
    generating my own money
    have tried all sorts of things im curious about
    being confident and not self conscious
    being great with women
    have a big social circle that loves me

i want to know where you see yourself in five years. DO NOT COMPROMISE SAY THE WILDEST DREAMS

2. I changed my stance on this in the last months. Right now I would say that I don't know, but in 5 years I will probably be happier with my situation. Life can change rapidly, and if you knew everything about what you want you would probably there already. I just try to take it decision by decision, do the best I can there, and see where it takes me.

3. Zinc

Zinc Fapstronaut

Pretty much same like you, we seem to be somehwhat alike. Just the diffrence is, I see myself as a CEO/Economist in 5 years from now, or least in University heading that way.

4. I want to see myself having a gf. More females friends. Also being financially comfortable, having the body I want and knot God a lot more

5. calo9025

calo9025 Fapstronaut

In 5 years. I want to at least have a girlfriend, hopefully I will be married by then though. I also want to move further in my career and have the body I have never had. I want a closer relationship with God, my family, and my friends. I want to see places that I haven't seen before or at least in a while. I want to be able to live life with confidence too. Not cockiness but confidence.