1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Useful Apps

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Temujin, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

I have recently joined the world of smartphones and have found a useful App I've been using to develop good habits I want to have and keep me moving forward towards my goals.

Its called "Rewire". You can use it too develop and build new habits in your life. You check off each day you do the habit you want to develop. I've found it to be extremely useful.

Was curious if anyone here has any apps they would recommend.

2. ALPHABat

ALPHABat Fapstronaut

Ah it's not available on iOs (iPhone).
    Check out 'Lumosity'. It's a good app to train the brain!

3. sorenoc

sorenoc New Fapstronaut

There is also Brainbuddy. Great app, plenty of motivational content, exercises, counters and so on. It is not free however.

nightm4re likes this.
  4. nightm4re

nightm4re Fapstronaut

Some useful apps I'm using:
    SleepCycle for waking up fresh.
    Stronglifts 5x5 when in the gym.
    The NoFap Emergency app. 'Nuff said.
    Runkeeper while running (I like to know how much I ran, my tempo etc.)
    Spendee for tracking expenses (very useful to know where your money goes)
    Headspace for meditation. The subscription is not free though and recently I switched to a free app "Enso"
    Wunderlist for to-do lists.
    Sunrise Calendar - when I'm serious about something, I schedule it. Not just meetings, but blocks of work, gym, time for reading etc.

I've also used a number of apps for tracking streaks (similar to Rewire), but I went back to good ol' pen and paper after a while.

5. DrRobotronic

DrRobotronic Fapstronaut

Could you elaborate on your paper method for tracking habits? I've found success with tracking some habits on my calendar; specifically marking an M for days I meditate and a WO for workouts. I'd like to get a few more solid habits going but I realize I'm running out of room, so if I'm going to track more habits, such as reading and daily stretches then I'd need to move this to another method.

By the way, I also do Stronglift 5x5, how long have you been doing that?

6. nightm4re

nightm4re Fapstronaut

I got the tool from this book https://procrastination.com (published in Czech first, soon in English, it's VERY practical). It's basically a table of 31 rows for each day in a month and X columns for each habit. Here's how it looks like in practice: http://cl.ly/f0r5
    Every day I make a green or red dot for each habit and I rate the day on 0-10 of how awesome it was. Been doing this for the past 2 years on and off. Helped me to take cold showers regularly, rise early and other habits. Still struggling with some, but nobody said it was easy :)

As for Stronglifts: that's great, I don't know many people doing it. For more than a year now - got from squatting 60kg to 105kg. Feels fucking amazing. Keep at it!

7. DrRobotronic

DrRobotronic Fapstronaut

That looks like a really cool method, and not difficult to get started with at all. I might try implementing that!

I haven't been doing Stronglifts that long, about five months, although last year I had a month where I only went a handful of times. But I'm pretty happy with my progress so far, especially with squats. I went from never having done a barbell squat to 170lbs on my squat, which I did last time I went. I think that's only about 78kgs, but it's more than I weigh so I'm proud of it.

8. nightm4re

nightm4re Fapstronaut

I hope it works for you!

Great to hear about your progress, I think it's pretty good for those 5 months. Squatting is awesome and almost nobody does it (I am baffled how few people I see squat in the gym).