1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is of prime importance to you?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by raspberry, Mar 27, 2014.

1. raspberry

raspberry Fapstronaut

What are these important values that you want to live by as you go to achieve your goals and engage with other people during the day? And do you succeed in following them?

To me I want to respect my body. So whatever I do in my day I want to give my body enough sleep, good nutrition and exercise. I do pretty well on the exercise part but poorly on the food part.

I also want to practice calmness. So when I hear something disturbing I want to react appropriately but not too much. So I would not want to get angry for example. And I am definitely getting better at that lately.

What are your values?

2. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

Good question! I think its really important for people to consider and review their values from time to time.

Briefly and off the top of my head, I value...

freedom/autonomy

Good health (physical and mental)

Honesty

Integrity

Friendship

Community

Family

Peace

Love

Harmony

Democracy (genuine!)

Humour

Sincerity

Perseverence

Beauty

Peace of mind

Respect

Creativity

Money

Physical vitality

Time

Information

Wisdom

Power

Joy

Connection

Interdependence...

...I may have got carried away there;) (and dont necessary HAVE all of the above!) but if values can be defined as the things we 'treasure' in life I guess that would be my list (and maybe there are other definitions?)

Cheers, I hope this thread gets people thinking about what they value in life because its our values that shape the way we live etc? :)

3. need2bchaste

need2bchaste Fapstronaut

To add something different...

Truth

4. digiter

digiter Fapstronaut

Interesting topic, but I don't know how to interpret the question. Do You mean life-long goals, some minor goals or character traits that I value or would like to have?

5. Thomas

Thomas Fapstronaut

I wish most of what I do brings gets me to be proud of myself. I want to be able to gladly assume whatever I did. PMO, procrastination, anger are most of my challenges about this. PMO might be the biggest one. I hope I reach sincere and complete pride of what I have done.

6. Soul Cage

Soul Cage Fapstronaut

This is how I describe the following 3 values which I try to aspire to in life, and of course some days are more successful than others....

Humility - The ability to bow ones head to another, to give yourself up to what you know to be greater than you. To accept your own shortcomings and more importantly to forgive yourself for them.

Equanimity - To see all life forms no matter how big or small as holding an equal right to peaceful existence and the owners of their place in this world. To understand that all fellow humans feel about the uniqueness of their own lives in the same way that we feel about the uniqueness of ours.

Responsibility - Realising that it is down to you alone to realise the above two values in your own life and to help those trying to realise them in theirs. Also the ability to own our pain and suffering whatever it may be and see that our life state is our own creation and not the infliction of others.

7. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

Integrity - many other values will come from this

8. bobwoodson

bobwoodson Fapstronaut

Enjoyment
    Freedom
    Creativity
    Understanding