1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

its okay to fit in.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Thechosenone, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

In some circumstances because it can give you a free pass. being categorizable makes it easier for you interact. It can also make it easier to beat social anxiety. I've tried too hard to not fit in but iTS not helped me at all. Draw the line where you must.

Most people sacrifice their souls to be someone they might not be but this is somewhat necessary if you want to make life a bit easier for yourself. I realised a friend has a free pass to act treacherous because he seems like he's from a certain part of london. Dont get stuck in the nice guy template. Alter your appeaeance to seem like a dude who doesnr try hard but still have your life under control. This gives me abundance. I think this goes back to the old tribe mentality.

The trick is to still have your sh"t together while being this way seemingly. A reminder: all your insecurities about yourself are mere thoughts in your head.
    This shit will evaporate your social anxiety

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    abc95, FlamingSkyline and kaylee time like this.
  2. Kiddy

Kiddy Fapstronaut

I don't get it. What do you gain from being accepted if they are just accepting you because of your artificial appearance? More attention from others? Do you feel loved when others accept you? It doesn't seem worth it to hide who you really are in order to gain the approval of other people. Maybe I'm missing the point, but I just don't get it.