1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Teachers teaching sarcasm

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Waldo101, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

I remember when I was in elementary school, I've had some female teachers acting sarcastic towards the students when they were not happy. An example would be a teacher saying "that's wonderful, you forgot to turn in your homework assignment. Wonderful! Wonderful!" when in reality she was not happy about the assignment not turned in.

There were other examples too of teachers acting with sarcasm. The teachers did not mean any harm but the problem was that I started to picked up the behavior of sarcasm as a kid and it's not a good thing because it can be socially rude and offensive to other people.

If you're a school teacher, it's not really the best idea to act with sarcasm to the kids because they can pick that up and apply it in their lives and realize that it can be offensive in the wrong context of interacting with other people. Kids, teens and young adults are still awkward in not knowing exactly what to say in public. So becareful teachers!

2. BackToManhood

BackToManhood Fapstronaut

I agree. And sarcasm is so annoyingly common in American teenagers. They're even proud of it or something. I think people should speak directly. Using sarcasm makes you sound like a 13 year-old girl.

Eric'sBlue likes this.
  3. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Yeah. There's a time and place for it but when you're at a young age and socially awkward it can be a faux pas. I remember being a smart Alec in 6th grade and it made other people mad.

I do feel that there are teachers who do not realize that they are setting a bad example because to them it's normal in their upbringing but they should realize that when you're in front of the classroom, you should act with old fashioned manners even if you have to fake it.

It's not easy being a school teacher of course but it is common for some teachers to make these subtle errors.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    BackToManhood likes this.
  4. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

Most of the Marxist trash flows forth from teachers onto the youth.

Yes it's sad. The teachers behave like this because they literally do not care about the students. Also, backwardly their interests lie in acting "cool" for the students so they'll like them. Not in disciplining and correcting, which these kids desperately need. The insane suicidal policy of taking discipline out of schools and not relegating it to teachers or parents (you go to jail if you hit your son) ...has in effect turned the society on it's head. The kids rule over everything and the parents are silenced. ...this is a design to make the society we live in come to chaos and eventually fall in on itself due to instability and dysfunction.
    Think I'm wrong? Seriously ask yourself. ..what will we do with a bunch of adult children running around and running things. Already look around.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    BackToManhood likes this.
  5. BackToManhood

BackToManhood Fapstronaut

Agree 100%. The State is becoming the parent.