1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Leg workouts and increased libido?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Theshadowe, Jan 24, 2016.

1. I've read that upper leg workouts can cause a increase of libido. I am wondering if there is actual truth to this? I'm getting back into my workout regimen after a year break due to an injury. My workout before included a lot of squats and lunges. I never noticed the libido before, but I was pretty messed up on the pmo. Anyone have any insight on this they would like to share?

2. yoyo1

yoyo1 Guest

The legs have huge muscles in comparison and release testosterone, hence your increased libido.

oooo and Lazarus Shuttlesworth like this.
  3. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

Yes, its right.
    Testosterone increases by doing compound excercises, so increased testosterone means increased libido.

4. @big_dave , @yoyo1 , @oooo
    Thanks for the input guys!
    I've heard this for awhile, though always wondered if it was a myth (research on internet contradicts itself quite often to.)
    I'll have to watch as I start back into this and see how it goes. Hard to watch libido with your body going crazy with no pmo also :). I imagine the workout causes spikes in the testosterone, and not an overall increase in levels?

5. GotWhiskers

GotWhiskers Fapstronaut

Leg workout ftw.they burn more calories because they are the biggest muscles.

6. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

Finished my leg workout, extremely horny now, definitely increase libido.

7. Lunar Devil

Lunar Devil Fapstronaut

Well in TCM that would boost jing nicely. So yh I guess it does...but my opinion is do full body workouts and calistetics combined with dynamic tension only. Forget the gym...maybe free weights only. Those single muscle machines are a money thing and webbed our planet in the past dozen years or so. Whatever increases your muscles the most/produces most body heat makes jing - which is the goal of physical exercise from a TCM perspective. So dynamic tension big tick for that and calistetics definitely. Try horse stance for legs its immortal.

8. GotWhiskers

GotWhiskers Fapstronaut

@Lunar Devil What does the term "jing" mean? and what do you mean by "dynamic tension" is that like resistance bands and things like that? Or just compound resistance that is multi directional?

9. plongeur

plongeur Fapstronaut

Probably also due to mechanically massaging your prostate and your testicles.

10. Lunar Devil

Lunar Devil Fapstronaut

Hmm its complicate, look it up...but simple put its the thing that builds vitality. When one ejaculates and they feel like doing it again, you know those sensations on top of hte penis, is the lack of jing. Also weak knees, firave body - the feeling of being is low levels of jing. Jing is also used for muscle...muscle in many cases equals level of jing but its not jing. Dynamic is tensing like mad. Till you shake. The bones are piezoelectric the muscles also can smahs the bones. To fix this, nature made the bones like crystals. Thats why when you tense hard neough it gives back energy. That is kinetic energy which in turn makes you shake. You tense and get tnesion and make it dynamic...move it while keeping tensing. Look this up as well, worth it.
    SOme links:

while tensing as hard as you can do what this guy does. One in front like him, then sideways, then upper for all the 3 directions of the shoulder. That is 1 go. Do 12 while tnesing as hard as you can all the time wiht no pause. It will feel nice :) You can get muscle with just that, no weights. From experience it builds muscle VERY fast. Faster than anything I've tried. But dont leave the weights on the floor, they are useful too in some way.

11. The human failure

The human failure Fapstronaut

Oh hey something I can actually help with! I only do leg workouts and cardio so I should be able to help here :D

In my experience I haven't seen anything like that, my libido was dead before I started working out and it's just as dead now so I don't think there's a real correlation. Though that just may be because I'm an edgy virgin who thinks sex is disgusting.

12. Joseph92

Joseph92 Fapstronaut

An increase in muscle mass increases long-term testosterone levels. Since the largest muscle group in the body is the quadriceps, legs are the easiest place to gain muscle mass.

So far as I know, a workout will also cause a short-term increase in testosterone.

Personally, I can say that when I started lifting, I was able to better control my PMO. I don't know the exact reason. Might be psychological, hormonal, or something else.