1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My doctor thinks I'm some weirdo

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Golgo 13, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

So I went to see my doctor for insomnia and I told him a do some drugs.
    He then told me I am a drug 'addict' and I may be bipolar and need to see a psychiatrist.
    Then told me if I don't quit drugs I'm ganna "ruin my life". (like PMO hasn't already done that haha) Then told me how I'm ganna end up killing someone LOL. Idk what to think...
    Drugs help me sleep :p and make me relaxxxxed :cool:

What do you guys think? I think as soon as I get out of a flatline I will stop having extreme insomnia.

2. snowowl99

snowowl99 Fapstronaut

There is still a lot of bias against drugs and anyone who just lumps it all together as if you must obviously be a drug addict is not much of a doctor. I know someone who works with juvenile delinquents and he thinks weed is the same thing as heroin. And too many people in these positions went to a school and got the credential, it usually just ends up being an empty credential especially since they work in an particular area but don't have the knowledge they actually need to do an actual good job. People also bring their own biases and hangups into their jobs as well.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Golgo 13 likes this.
  3. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

See a Psychiatrist? Why? So he can prescribe even more drugs? No thanks! Only use a psychiatrist as a necessary resort for some neuroses or psychoses or serious compulsive disorders (like OCD) that needs to be managed by drugs (real cases of bipolar disorder definitely included), unless the psychiatrist can prescribe you a drug that makes your mind and body find all other bad drugs as disgusting and intolerable. Otherwise, if you have a drug problem, go through a rehab program with group and individual counseling, but not necessarily psychiatric counseling.

4. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

I think I do have OCD. The psychiatrist told me he would only see me if I went to rehab. I don't think I have a drug problem, sure I do drugs but who doesn't.
    Idk wht to do.

5. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

I don't do drugs, excepting that dopamine thing.

6. @Golgo 13 not to bring up the past, but I still remember that wild coke thread of yours.. Are you still on that?

7. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

no, cocaine made me relapse + it is a dopamine based drug. I snort oxycodone and a lil heroin from time to time (which is not a dopamine based drug). It helps me relax AND sleep.

8. EthanH

EthanH Fapstronaut

I had an amphetamine addiction 7 years ago. You say: "I don't think I have a drug problem, sure I do drugs but who doesn't." and that actually scares me. I used to say the same thing before I realized I actually was an addict. I now work with juvenile delinquents and I hear that quote every single day...

It doesn't matter if you use a dopamine based drug or not. The fact is that you are using drugs to make you feel better. To make you relax and sleep. Every time you use oxycodone and heroine you are rewarded by a positive effect: relaxation and a good sleep. That only fuels an addiction. That makes you use it every single day. And that makes it impossible for you to relax and sleep without those drugs. You become dependent. Or in other words: you become addicted.
    In addition: you can't compare the use of oxycodone and heroine with a joint every day. They are called 'hard drugs' for a reason.

Your signature says: "I just wanna reboot, that's all I care about right now." And that is indeed the vibe you are giving me. But please, also add 'and quitting oxycodone and heroin' to that sentence.
    I'm not going to tell you that you do need to visit that psychiatrist or that you have to go to rehab, but I'm going to tell you that you have to look after yourself. Don't become dependent, don't become addicted. Take control over your life! Don't let those drugs take that control away from you.

ekoluomu likes this.
  9. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

Don't do drugs.

10. Regarding your insomnia, I recommend you read "The Effortless Sleep Companion" by Sasha Stephens; arguably the best book ever written on insomnia and the only thing that cured my decade long problem.

11. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

Oh my...another one of these threads.

Mr. Sir likes this.
  12. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

I understand your concern. However I simply like doing drugs. Idk. I really don't see it as a problem.
    Some people like drinking liquor, some people like smoking cigarettes, I like doing drugs.

Don't worry about me, I've been through heroin withdrawal before. Its not that bad (srs). Although it was only after 3 weeks of use. But I learned my lesson. I only take in moderation now (haven't done it in 2 months by choice)

13. EthanH

EthanH Fapstronaut

You can't do drugs by choice or moderation bro... Off course you simply like doing drugs. That's the point of drugs-use. That's also the reason why people get addicted!

I have read your post history and you asked questions like this before. Everybody warned you and your still doing drugs. It doesn't matter what I say, you already decided to keep using drugs...That's what I call an 'addiction'.

I really hope you get clean in the future. Good luck with everything in your life!