1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dad smashes son's Playstation

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Waldo101, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Wow, just came across this video of a kid who is addicted to Playstation. His dad angry at his son, smashes his Playstation and the son is clearly upset.

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  2. Integral

Integral Fapstronaut

That is not good man. All that did was traumatise the young man and teach his brain the man who raised him is willing to destroy all he holds dear.

Addiction is not just what we see here on the surface level. The human mind is sickeningly powerful. Really, it will leave you in awe how powerful it is. Consider the emotion of fear. That emotion is enough to make a grown make beg for mercy when it is at it's strongest. Addiction has a complex neurobiology and essentially it becomes a circuit in the brain which our behaviour will in turn feed on a loop.

If your thermostat in your house is set too high, do you just FORCE yourself to endure it? NO. You turn it down. In addicts the thermostat is set up too high, and the circuit needs to be broken. The circuit however is unconscious so the only way you can break it is by undermining it. Ignore the urges. Aggressively put energy towards creative outlets such as instruments and pursuits which leave you engrossed. These have the effects of re-wiring the brain and creating new, non-addicted neural pathways. Anyone who ever beat addiction did it by moving their conscious focus from their bad habit towards good ones. In turn, like a parasite rejected by it's host, the bad habit dies.

Rav.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  3. I read somewhere that there's s boot camp in China for kids who are addicted to games lol

4. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Well it is serious. That kid was really upset when his dad smashed his PlayStation.

5. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

There is a kid in my class, actually Japanese, though that doesn't matter. He is overweight and showing signs of possible diabetes (at just 11 years old). He has no energy. He walks around like a sloth. He doesn't want to do anything, except play video games. He has no social life at school. His education is suffering. His health is suffering. He has been neglected and nobody cares.

The boy was pretty upset?

My daughter gets upset when I deny her certain things, but it is for her own good and I do it because I am responsible for her.

She can play games on the phone or computer, but not for too long.
    She can eat junk, but not too much.
    She has to do her homework early.
    She has to go to bed at a decent time.

She cries. They all cry. If you try to please your child all the time, you are probably not fit to be a parent.

EDIT: I just watched the video. His "son", who is almost an adult, should have learned that lesson over a decade ago. He desperately needed that. I actually can't believe the way he was talking to his father and during the video game. Such aggression. With any luck he won't be imprisoned any time soon. He is totally imbalanced and needs some direction.

His father should have taught time a long time ago, so he would never have had to smash it up. I do see neglect and poor parenting here too. It isn't the boy's fault, but to let him go on as he is, is worse than smashing the things up.

You have to be cruel to be kind, sometimes.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  6. Integral

Integral Fapstronaut

I respect this point of view that you sometimes need to be tough. I am a young guy who does not have kids so I admire that. Parents who take responsibility for their children, even when it's tough, will ultimately be the reason their kids become happy and well balanced people. I can say for sure my parents were not easy on me but now I am 24 I love and respect them and seek to serve them until the end of my days.

Peace,
    Rav.

7. rabbitz

rabbitz Guest

I think this is a Japanese youtube show version of the Psycho dad videos (not the al bundy song) because there is another video where the father again destroys another playstation.

I used to be a massive addict to online video games, pretty much played video games from as early as I can remember till I decided to quit at the end of 2014, wrote this a while ago about all the clans and games I was active in in my gaming 'career' that gained me nothing except a 23$ dollars http://pastebin.com/1BvJsAxv

video games can go kiss my fucking ass

Integral likes this.
  8. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

That bearded son got upset.

9. Lumberjack-off-Man

Lumberjack-off-Man Fapstronaut

That's a pretty accurate portrayal of when I relapse