1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here suffer from social anxiety or just shyness please comment if so

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Low, Dec 19, 2015.

1. ChristoX8

ChristoX8 Fapstronaut

LOLL, I was recalling an old story, that's all. :p

Yeah, thanks for the awesome tips!!

2. noper32

noper32 Fapstronaut

ChristoX8, I appreciate you generally sharing your experiences and insights, but I thought I should also mention that the story you shared definitely pushed me in the direction of a relapse. Primarily because the narrative and detail it contained led me to imagining your encounter. Not a condemnation, but a personal experience showing that what we share (and how we share it) may affect others in ways we don't anticipate.

3. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

bro don't get me to relapse, really. Put it in spoilers please.

Btw guys. Do you feel the same about this too?

When I had sexual fantasies about women they were always with women who are older than me. Just purely sexual thoughts
    But when I would think of women in a romantic way I would think of women my age. I was in love once in my life (really in love, not just very sexually attracted) and it was with a girl my age. She was not the kind of woman I would have sexual fantasies about but she was the kind of woman I wanted to get physically as well as emotionally initmate with. First I felt attracted to her personality and only later to her looks.

So to me being interested in someone sexually and in someone romantically is based on completely different factors.
    Sexual attraction can happen pretty much instantly but romantic attraction really needs time to build.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  4. Drift

Drift Fapstronaut

Yeah I can relate to this a lot. I think part of it might be that I have had a late start in my career and I'm not super well off materially. I do get super shy or nervous around those types of women (in my cohort so to speak)

5. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

I'm a late career starter myself. If the women would've cared too much about material, I would've ran for my life...I chose a life partner that is not interested in every pair of shoes, big house with underground pool,expensive cars...simple wife simple life.

Drift likes this.
  6. ChristoX8

ChristoX8 Fapstronaut

Sorry Red Eagle but I don't know how to do that...

Well, there's love and sexual attraction. You can like a woman for different reasons, that's why often men say they love a woman at first sight but in reality, they just want to have sex with her. You can't fall in love instantly, without knowing the person, it's just not possible. It's not logical. Real love takes time and I believe that's why these relationships are the most furfilling, yet the hardest to get. Which is why most guys PMO, to drown the bad feeling caused by not having a real girlfriend that is more than pretty much a sex friend.

oooo likes this.
  7. snowowl99

snowowl99 Fapstronaut

I have social anxiety, over the years I have gotten better with it in some ways but still need to overcome a lot and I never knew that it could get better if I stopped the PMO. I'm curious to see how much it might get better with stopping. And I've always been shy although I have moments when I can be pretty extroverted, so maybe that will improve as well.

8. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

9. huuman

huuman Fapstronaut

I'm naturally a shy and introverted person. I used to struggle with it a lot in the past , but lately I strated to accept it ; actually the more I accept it the more I start to love myself for my shyness and introversion . It's not a bad thing , not really , you should just adjust your attitude toward it.
    I get social anxiety too (a lot) , but I consider it as a weakness and I'm learning to live with it instead of fighting it.
    ps: I don't think pmo always causes shyness ( my case as an example : in the past I abstained from pmo for more than two years , and shyness didn't disapear completely . )

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Red Eagle likes this.
  10. huuman

huuman Fapstronaut

and try to change that username , please , if it's possible :p

11. a_New_Beginning

a_New_Beginning Fapstronaut

I absolutely suffer from the same social anxiety as you talk about. It is a very hard thing to deal with and I totally believe that PMO has virtually everything to do with this. Also I've noticed the changes when finally deciding to quit to awful habit. Some of the things noticed are better social skills, and a much better outlook on things. I've noticed I'm sharper in general. Good luck on your journey my bro!!

12. mudasir

mudasir Fapstronaut

I am depressed,people phobias,ocd suicidal panic attacks due to masturbation even wetdreams...