1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I've finally earned my right to post in this section :')

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by BrainPlasticity, Feb 7, 2016.

1. BrainPlasticity

BrainPlasticity Fapstronaut

Hey everyone, 26 year old male here. I'm happy to say that I've finally reached 90 days of Hardmode NoFap, No PMO, No Edging!! I literally just shed a few tears because I just remembered the number of years I spend trying to achieve this goal :( It was as if I was trapped in this cycle of temptation forever. I could never even get past day 30. Last time when I got past day 30, I had relapsed around day 70. I don't even know why the hell I thought I could post a success story here for relapsing on day 70! (http://www.NoFap.com/forum/index.ph...onk-mode-hard-mode-complete.31769/#post190970). I was a fool to think that I had fixed my addiction.

I'm finally here, and still going strong :)
    The journey was not perfect, the past few days I spent a lot of time on dating apps because it kind of felt like a P sub and I would get pre-cum. I was not engaged in sexting, but just the act of flirting with a girl turns me on. I've stopped using these apps because it's an addiction, and besides the ROI is very low compared to good old fashioned cold approach.

Anyway, I get turned on too easily now, so it's good to know that I won't have ED during sex.
    I can still feel my sexual urges everyday and I do like that feeling. But I can be strong enough to not escalate it and to not masturbate to them. I know now that it's such a low level thing to do as a man. It's not appropriate for my brand image. I wanted to be a man of my word so badly that I even turned down sex 3 times (well the girls were not what I consider 'hot' so I wasn't too regretful).

The tools that helped me the most:
    • The NoFapWar on reddit. Arguably the best gamified system for beating this addiction. I got so into the war that my desire to win for my regiment Cerulean was greater than my sexual cravings. Of course luck played a role too, like when a good looking girl cancels a date on me (thus I didn't lose the hard mode challenge).
    • My music: I've started to believe that the ideal version of me is in the kind of music I listen to. Whenever I used to struggle with my thoughts, cravings, laziness, and sometimes depression, I check out a playlist containing all of my inspirational songs. When I listen to them, the songs immediately remind me of my vision and set my mindset right. For example, this track always snaps me out of laziness: https://soundcloud.com/sachi-15/haikyuu-ost-8
    • Motivational Anime: Sports animes that I watch once a week always pump me up to continue to walk the path of self-improvment. My favorite ones are: Hajime no Ippo (it means Start With The First Step.) & Haikyuu!

Benefits:
    • Willpower to do other productive things like cold shower, gym etc.
    • You'll have desires for bigger and better things. You'll expect more from yourself and from life.
    • You'll start to wake up easier in the morning with less hours of sleep (if you do hardmode.)
    • You'll have the drive to meet women and socialize in general.
    • Hair fall frequency will drop.
    • Acne may also show up less frequently (I did use 10% benzoyl peroxide time to time though.)
    • Face will start to look more vibrant.
    To be honest, I'm not sure if these are placebo effects. So what? I'll still take it. I'm confident that NoFap was like the foundational habit for all of my other self-improvement activities.

If you're struggling with your urges right now and asking yourself "Is it worth it?!" Why don't you stand strong and find out for yourself?! Give yourself a chance to discover a new perspective. Once you've discovered that new perspective, you'll know the answer that's right for you.

The path ahead of me:
    • Now I have a strong desire to fix my dating life. I've never had a gf, I've never known what it's like to have women as companions because I never put myslef out there. I used PMO as an easy way out; it lowered my masculine drive so I did not have the need to put in hard-work and seek out an ideal companion. So I've started to learn and practice cold approach. I want to become the most attractive version I can be.
    • I want to work on my body. I want to know what it's like to have strong and toned body like an athlete.
    • I want to develop my startup company and be a self sufficient man while creating something useful for the world.

Life is like a crappy role playing video-game, because you can't always quantify whether you're leveling up or leveling down, and the feedbacks for your effort takes too long(sometimes years!), making it boring and less addictive to play. But just like in a videogame, certain stages, certain worlds & environments, certain characters, certain powers & special abilities, certain storylines etc will never be revealed to you unless you level up.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  2. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Congrats brother! Thanks for sharing. Inspirational! Stay strong! Win!

BrainPlasticity likes this.
  3. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Yes, yes, yes! Avoid those online sites at all costs! It is like eye candy, then you will get frustrated [and we know where that goes] as these girls are getting 'hit up' hundreds and hundreds of times a day. Best to 'man up' and do cold [or warm, look for the smile] approach as you see fit. Better than on-line [and even better than the bars and clubs, where the defences are up as so many drunken idiots are hitting on them], in real life when you approach, they will respect your courage for doing so. You'll win some, you'll lose some. But you will definitely be an attractive man.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Asgardian36 and BrainPlasticity like this.
  4. BrainPlasticity

Thank you @taqwa, and congrats to you as well for winning your reboot process.

@Buzz Lightyear, You're right man, those apps just seem to be a form of mental masturbation. How do you do warm approaches? I've not seen any girl boldly looking at me and smiling.

taqwa likes this.
  5. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Woman just don't do that. Being the modest creatures they are, they will be a lot more subtle. When your mind is clear, when you are sexually charged and sensitive to the environment, you will pick up on little clues; the woman's posture, a flick of the hair, the briefest of glances, proximity, overly feigned disinterest where she is reacting to you. 'Warm approach' is taking action on all those little behaviours which signal interest.

Asgardian36 and BrainPlasticity like this.
  6. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

You are most welcome. Thank you for your words of encouragement. Stay strong! Win!

7. Thrivelife

Thrivelife Fapstronaut

congrats brotha! inspiring read.

8. BackToManhood

BackToManhood Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot for your post, and congratulations! I had never heard of the NoFapWar before. It looks awesome! I checked the FAQ and it looks like the next one is tentatively scheduled for sometime this month. Is there a way I can get updated on that, or will it just be a post to the NoFapWar subreddit that I need to watch out for?

9. Yesodi

Yesodi Distinguished Fapstronaut

Cool track!

Congratulations on reaching your important milestone. Keep up the great work!

10. Bemybest

Bemybest Fapstronaut

Congrats bro!!! I knew u could do it. You have been an inspiration to me and will continue to be.

11. BrainPlasticity

Actually I came to know about it thanks to an ad that was posted on this forum few months back. I think, it'll be posted here again for the next war, but yeah if you're active on the Nofap reddit you'll definitely come to know about it. Definitely join that and be passionate to win for your regiment.

12. BrainPlasticity

I'm so glad you like it :D It's an OST from the anime Haikyuu; all of it's OSTs are very cool and inspirational!

13. BrainPlasticity

Hey buddy, thank you man. Living up to your expectations of me was also a very motivating factor for me. Thanks for your support throughout my entire journey. Hope to see your success story here one day as well. :)

14. Andrew0268

Andrew0268 Fapstronaut

Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration