1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The girl I like has a new man. Damn it.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Namekian23, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

So far, the new year hasn't been so good. I just realized I now I have PIED (so fuck my life) and on top of that, this girl I really liked now has a new boyfriend. I was supposed to get with her, and even my friends were encouraging me to date her. In fact, they were in the process of hooking me up. This girl was unlike any other, and although I hanged out with her 5-6 times, she's different from most girls. We just clicked. Furthermore, she's independent, strong, outgoing, etc. Everything I wished I could be. But I NEVER told her I liked her.

Apparently, she's been seeing this guy at work which I didn't knew about and now they've been dating for the last 4 months. But here's the thing, during the last 6 months, I was seriously focusing on finishing college, but more importantly, I needed to heal. Last February, I was hurt really bad by another girl. At that point, I thought all girls were jerks because I've had many bad experiences. This girl, however, gave me hope again. But more than anything, she has inspired me to become something more and even encouraged me to discover myself. That's why I'm moving out.

However, do you think I did the right thing by not pursuing her? Has anyone ever experienced something like this, and asked yourself the same question? For me, I'm really glad I met her, and I even have her number just in case. I guess things happen for a reason, and although I was devastated, I need to move on. At least I know the type of girls that I want.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. Brasileiro

Brasileiro Fapstronaut

It happens. It's life. Move on buddy. There's another 4 billion waiting for you.

3. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Most relationships in the 20s don't last - or they're stepping stones still for yet other relationships. So, if you want this girl, I would take this opportune time to improve yourself by getting rid of any PMO addictions and anything else. Then, you'll be ready if this girl ever finds herself single again. And, if not (say this girl never breaks up and marries), then you will be ready still for your next relationship. The right partner is out there for you! Best wishes!

4. swagnarock

swagnarock Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear bout that brother....i know how it feels when you realize the girl you r after has already got a bf....just stay strong n don't fap...u'll get a lot more worthy women in future...or as joenmd said....u can also remain good friends with her n with for the right opportunity...

Namekian23 likes this.
  5. Brasileiro

Brasileiro Fapstronaut

Oh, another thing man, and now i speak with experience: it's not the end. Maybe they broke up, like @JoeinMD said. Or maybe she wants to roll with you, even dating another dude. So don't create a distance between you guys, it's not the end, unless you want the other 4 billion i told you..

Namekian23 likes this.
  6. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the advice and encouragement man. Never thought of that :)

7. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Appreciate how she makes/made you feel, but do not make these emotions dependent on wether or not you are a couple. It's not worth it. Unless you are absolutely sure she likes you as much as you like her, it's not worth to be depressed because you're longing for her. True love is always shared. In that sense, unreturned love doesn't even exist. It's an illusion. It's projection. There's no need to worry.

Namekian23 likes this.