1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Paddy, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Paddy

Paddy Fapstronaut

Hey I was wondering if people have had the same experience as me when it comes to Facebook. I have a strange relationship with facebook. I don't know if my own personal paranoia, but I don't trust the site because of PMO tastes I was always afraid of Facebook somehow exposing my deep dark secret. Because of veiwing certain pages that lead to triggers and when I used it I always seen randon stuff from other peoples Facebook page. I'm I being overly paranoid or has fear of being exposed yourself made Facebook uncomfortable to use. Because of my own paranoia I have completely deleted my profile before Christmas.

2. Mr. Sir

Mr. Sir Fapstronaut

Lay off the weed man.

3. Paddy

Paddy Fapstronaut

I have, I think I'm more paranoid without it

4. Star Lord likes this.
  5. Harvhe

Harvhe Fapstronaut

To facebook's credit. Though it might push things onto you, it does give you the tools to just stand up and decline to see them by blocking it. Sure you might not be as well tapped into stuff as anyone else, but who gives a damn? Your business is your own.

If anything its just a depository of information about people. Stuff you may/may-not need to know for your own personal reasons, employers make a habit of using such information to determine a psuedo-psyche profile of people who want to and currently work in the business (including the occasional silly oafs who brag or admit to illegal activity such as stealing out the till or shirking serious responsibility) and some employers will not even consider you if they've not even heard of you on social media platforms (providing you've used it as a springboard to raise awareness of yourself as to signify you are of importance and not what you ate last sunday)