1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

So any confirmation on Hair Loss/Regrowth and Nofap?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by kickbuttmario, Mar 1, 2016.

1. kickbuttmario

kickbuttmario Fapstronaut

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/comments/1dyjbk/fapping_and_hair_loss/

From reddit page. Read the rest yourself. I just wanted to know if anyone here has confirmation on the topic of hair loss and nofap. My doctor said that its all theoretical, but no scientific evidence on the topic at all. He also said most rogaine products are all bullshit and are all giving men the benefit of the doubt, meaning, just prolonging the inevitable.

Only reason why I ask is because I noticed some thinning, and I kinda want to jerk it. :D Kinda...

2. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

A lot of people wrote on the sub reddit that they started regrowing hair due to NoFap. The reason it is supposed to stop hair loss is because when you ejaculate your hormones change. Your body releases two hormones that are associated with hair loss. DHT and Prolactin. Both of them have a strong presence in balding men and when I look around and see the young guys who are balding I usually see very low T guys (Prolactin suppresses T function) who I know don't have many friends and spend most of their time at home. I wonder what they are doing there.
    But no, really. I think it's plausible to say that there may be a connection between excessive masturbation and hair loss. There are no scientific studys to prove this BUT there are also no scientific studys that prove the theory wrong.
    You have nothing to lose with NoFap and if it gives you hope to stop thinning then that's a sufficient reason to start Nofap.
    My father has lost his hair very early on. I am 22 and after worrying about hair loss for years now I haven't lost a hair yet. Maybe NoFap helped so far.

ships-that-pass likes this.
  3. sih

sih Fapstronaut

I hope so.

4. violinist

violinist New Fapstronaut

It can be a nice side effect. I read that high prolactin levels can cause hair loss. However, I think this would be the case for VERY high prolactin levels. Given that, I still think that masturbating a lot can unbalance your hormone levels, and that unbalance may lead to hair loss.