1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I get my twin to move out of my house?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Moogie, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

My twin has been living with me for free for 10 years and he seems to have no plans to leave. He doesn't like to spend money.

I would like to have my house to myself so I can have a clean house and have women over.

#depressed

2. theGECK

theGECK Fapstronaut

I've heard good things about the books "Boundaries" and "Necessary Endings" by Henry Cloud, although I haven't read them myself. As far as what I would do is to sit down and have a talk to say that the situation has become very unbalanced and your twin needs to contribute to the household. You two can work out the details of exactly what the entails, but generally when somebody who is leeching off of somebody else gets called on it they get mad, offended, and then try to guilt/shame/threaten the other person into backing down. If that doesn't happen they leave for people who are easier to exploit. But it does require being firm, which is why those books can help you realize.

Enabling somebody to do things not in their best interest is not helping them, it's actually harming them. Just like with the whole NoFap thing, short term pain results in long term gain but it's really really hard to let yourself get hurt.

3. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

I had to tell a woman that I like that she could not come over to my house because my twin his stuff all over my house. I don't think he is ever going to leave

4. MFCSteele

MFCSteele Fapstronaut