1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. onebookperweek

onebookperweek Fapstronaut

Since I joined the online community at NoFap, I have been able to abstain from PMO for longer than I have since I started, which was about ten years ago.

Yet, during the past two weeks (which is longer than I have ever abstained from PMO), I did not realize that "edging" could pose a serious problem to the health of one's urethra. Consequently, I have edge about five times, for about half an hour each time.

My question is: do you think that I should just do a reset, knowing now that I should never edge, either? The reason, is that I have started to experience a very minimal pain in that area (i.e. "blue balls"), whereas I do not think that I have ever had pain in that region before.

2. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

If you learned the lesson that edging will never be conducive to your recovery, then this was worthwhile, and you know not to do it again. I would not reset, then, but recognize that such behavior won't be conducive to your recovery in the future. Your edging counter is also a good way for you to explicitly draw attention to your seriousness of riding yourself of this pattern of behavior. And, blue balls (common withdrawl symptom - not to be alarmed) will subside eventually on their own, but sometimes an ice pack helps tremendously when applied with a cloth barrier in 10 to 15 minute increments. Sounds like you're doing great - keep up the PMO-free streak.

onebookperweek likes this.
  3. Damon

Damon Guest

I used to 'edge' all the time, and my partners liked edging me, but if you are trying to abstain from masturbation and Orgasm, then personally I would not recommend edging at all, not in the early days anyway. I would not re-set your counter, you have not ejaculated, and you are learning all the time.

4. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

How is edging not 'PMO'ing?:confused:

Ok, Ok, you can get all technical about it... but it's certainly not in the spirit of things is it.

5. yeah agree with Buzz. It is clear that you masturbated. Wheter you reset or no, it has no meaning besides from you understanding it has a negative impact.

6. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Just shoot for 90 days on top of your current 17 day streak = 107 days - and always remember the lesson learned. Or, you can reset as the others suggest. I
    You might reset as others have suggested, but I am suggesting an overlook just this time for the following reasons:

1. I'd rather have you keep up your momentum of getting out of the 21-day gravity well (difficult for many to do), considering that you really learned a lesson here, that continued edging events would now necessitate reset if engaged again, and that blue balls is punishment enough.

2. If you keep up the momentum and make it to 107 days even (17 + 90), then this may negate any question of worthiness of the first 17 days. Hopefully, the suggestion of questionability now will make you angry enough to persevere though to 107 days.

Hence, I would keep going. I think it's more important that you keep your momentum up at this time and don't get unmercifully crushed by past events which did not culminate in P or O. This is a one-time pass though.

7. onebookperweek

Thank you for your advice.

One thing that I learned, is that the "discomfort" can actually be relieved by a wet dream.

I also agree that any type of "touching" is basically masturbation.

8. onebookperweek

Agreed.