1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A different kind of addiction.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Jungler, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

I haven't been posting that much lately and so i'm back here hoping maybe there are people familiar to my case as it isn't related to PMO in no possible way.

I'm completly aware of my oral compulsive habit of biting nails, and holy hell is it difficult to cut down. I never really tried to stop myself from doing so, automatically i would bite them to the bone, and it has been like this since at a very young age. I can't scratch, can't untie a knot as my nails are awfuly short and ugly as hell.

I don't even want to think if i have OCD because of this. Instead i'd prefer to better myself and quit biting my nails once and for all.

If anyone can relate and is managing well the disorder, please give a hand out.

Thanks in advance.

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  2. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

I remember some family member of mine had this, and the way she stopped was by putting a really strong hot sauce on them. It took a while but slowly she stopped biting her nails since she didn't want to taste the hot sauce.