1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

If you could change your name

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Waldo101, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

If I could change my name I would change it to either Boris or Vladimir.

They're really cool names. I could live with either name.

2. I would want my name to be Lazarus. I just love that name so much. Surprisingly, I met someone last week named Lazarus lol

3. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Lazarus is very wonderful name. When I think of a Lazarus, I think of beautiful man.

4. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

Hm, no, I like my name, even though it's used a lot.

5. Something that doesn't have so many S's in it -.-

lol I have a bit of a lisp, and everyone alwayssss misunderstands my name. Every. Single. Time.

Aside from that, though, I like my name. It's pretty unique. But if I ever have kids, I would like to name my daughter Anastasia (though damn 50 Shades of Grey kind of ruined that for me, but whatevs). I also love the name Castiel... but my husband is never going to allow that. haha it's far too out there.

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  6. If I have a daughter in the future I would like to name her Grace!

7. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Grace is a great name. I like it. But how about Olga?

8. Exxz

Exxz Fapstronaut

I like my name for what it is. :)

9. I'd name myself after the Welsh town Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and insist that everyone pronounce the full name, or get really offended. ;)

fight for life likes this.
  10. theGECK

theGECK Fapstronaut

I'm always last in anything alphabetical, so a last name that starts with something other than "Z" would be nice. I'd even be happy if it was a common name, just so that people wouldn't always ask me how to spell it multiple times.

11. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Same here. My last name starts with Z too. Been the last one my entire life. But hey it's said the best things are saved for last. :)
    I like my name. It's not really common where I live. Never met anybody who shared my name.

Dizzy Lotus likes this.
  12. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I would definitely name my kids (if I ever have any) somethings that's meaningful and worthwhile. A name that isn't ridiculous for certain people such as Kim Kardashian and Kanye West for naming their child "North" o_O I thought it was kinda weird, but that's just me.

Other than that, I wouldn't change my own name. I'm Vietnamese and my name has a special meaning to it. It's very popular, even in Chinese culture, and is regarded as something that most parents would be proud of. However, I feel kind of disappointed in some people for legally changing their name either because they don't like it or they want to become more Americanized.

For example, my 3 of my friends whom are Vietnamese have legally changed their names to American names. At same the same, it's becoming a trend. Other people like my own brother, whose name is Tommy is already Americanized. I don't have anything against American names by the way.

However, your original name is special. And you should keep it. Your parents, the ones that love and care for you have given you that name for a reason, hopefully in a way that has meaning to you and other people around you. Your own name is something that's good and should never be disregarded. If you ever do change your name, at least remember the name you were given by your parents..

13. I don't want to change my name. I'm used to it too much. And it's not like I hate it so why bother...

14. lol, ya the would be a cool name, and yes to everyone else, its a real place, ive heard of it before!

15. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

If I have a daughter in the future I would like to name her Grave!:D

16. I so get what ya sayin' m8. I feel the same way about children too...

17. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Maybe you should give her the last name Danger as well. Yeah, terrible joke.

18. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

19. johnwick

johnwick Fapstronaut

I'd change it to John Wick obviously! :D

ShotDunyun likes this.
  20. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Very good question. I like my name, but I've always liked the name Héctor, short and masculine