1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A fresh start

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Hey everyone this is my second account on nofap. I felt like i needed to start fresh so i deleted my previous account and created a new one. The last one was all about failure and regrets but it won't be the same this time. The stakes are higher and everything is just too complicated. I can't afford to make the same mistakes again.

Wish me luck.

Anton Lundholm and Matthew81 like this.
  2. Crush this. Start a journal. Be diligent, join a group. You'll get more support that way and be more interested in staying engaged if folks are counting on you. Welcome Back!

Shyguy95 and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Your past is past. use what you've learned and move on. great to have you and looking forward to hearing about all of your successes!

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Thank you. Guys like you are the reason nofap is such an excellent and motivating community

Shyguy95 likes this.
  5. Shyguy95

Shyguy95 Fapstronaut

You can do this man. All it takes is the desire to accomplish it, and I can guarantee that you'll get over it. In fact, as long as you don't give up, you already have the victory on your side, it just takes a while before you see the results. Just don't give up so you don't lose that victory. Nobody can't change themselves on the whim of a day. Every relapse makes you stronger. It's like excersise, at first it hurts but the more you try the more immune to the pain you become. Every relapse is a chance to learn new ways and strategies of fighting the addiction, to get to know your weaknesses so you learn how to fix them. And as long as you don't give up, you'll start fixing yourself subconsciously, because that's how desire works. All it takes is a little willpower. And I'm not talking about willpower to have the longest of streaks. I'm talking about the willpower to stand up again and still pursue that victory after you've relapsed. It's discouraging when one relapses, I know. When I relapse, I get lazy and keep relapsing for a couple of days but eventually I start doing good again and I manage to do even better than before. But I still haven't lost my motivation and that's all that matters. Because giving up is so easy that it's hard not to get tempted to just surrender and stop making effort. It's normal to feel lazy. Everyone wishes that it didn't require any effort to achieve the things one wants in life. It would be so easy if didn't do anything and good things just happened. That sort of thing only happens in movies. In real life you have to resist and muster your willpower and your motivation. That's all it takes, friend. Live one day at a time. Don't worry about the future and don't wonder so much about the future. Live this day and try to become better. If you relapse, it's going to be alright as long as you try again. Try, try, try and eventually you will get to the other side. Relapsing isn't starting over. It's just stumbling in the road. But you can stand up and keep walking. The road has an end and you'll eventually get there. I'm 100% everyone will get there. Just DON'T GIVE UP.

DocZhivago and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Thanks man
    This helps a lot.

Shyguy95 likes this.