1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of Extremism, about Misogyny and Misandry

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by RealLifeGamer, Apr 8, 2016.

1. RealLifeGamer

RealLifeGamer Fapstronaut

Hey there, because of the happenings in the last few days and reading stuff here, I have had an inkling to write this thread. It is meant to warn you and help you to find your own way.
    Of course, everything written here is my own point of view and biased by my own experiences and opinions, but I will still try to stay objective for what it seems.

If you are easily offended, have problems with other´s opinions, have a dislike for the truth in general and,or get angry very fast I would recommend you to not read this thread as it could lead to you feeling butthurt or wronged.

If you have read this far I will assume you mean to continue reading. I will mention to you that we are here on a pro-politeness and friendliness site with the goal to help each other on the way of recuperation.

Now, as we all know, there is very much hate in the internet. For everything good there is, there will be someone to hate it. Believe it or not some people may even hate Jesus (eventhough Jesus didn´t hurt anyone as far as I know)

But well, that´s that and this is this. As said in the title, this thread will be about hate of women and men in general and they misunderstandings of each other.

At first I will say that every human is an individual, eventhough we differ in being a man or a woman, being a woman or a man doesn´t make us good or bad.

There are men who are assho*** and there are women who are assho***
    There are men who are victims and there are women who are victims.

Feminism, started out as a movement to give women more respect, more rights and an equal social standing in regards to men.
    It was a beautiful idea and for some still is today that had/s worth in pursuit.

The problem with feminism is, that there are very many different opinions about feminism by feminists circles themselves.

There are those who want respect and fairness in social life (thumbs up from me btw)
    And there are those who want to abuse the original noble thoughts.

I know of feminists who call all men "potential rapists" which is sure to hurt some men´s feelings, would it not? It´s the same as saying all women are "potential" child murderers because they have enough strength to do it if they wanted to.

Now, imagine being called a "potential" child murderer, would tick you off, right?

Of course, I will not deny that rape is real and a disgusting crime worthy of severe punishment.

But imagine now - you are a normal man, with decent morals, going on a party, wanting to have some fun. You see a girl there, she smiles at you and you smile back.
    Imagine getting drunk, both you and her you talk and talk and are attracted to each other. Many girls are shy and accustomed to wait for a man to make the " first move", it is just as it is. Because of that you, as a man initiate a kiss, because you think the moment is right and think you read the right signs, because let´s be honest, if its not a movie asking her "can I kiss you?" would be a turnoff for many girls and women.
    And now imagine her standing up, eyes big and round, her slapping you, calling you a beast, a rapist, molester, sexual offender whatever. Wouldn´t you feel wronged? Wouldn´t you want to stay aways from women?

Now, I now most women are not like this, but there is still the lingering fear of winning the "lottery" in some guys (not me btw).

Imagine a nice boy breaking up with her girlfriend because she was a dic* and abused him verbally or emotionally or even physically. And now imagine this girl, out of spite, officially (falsely) accusing this boy of raping and molesting her.

How can you defend yourself? You can´t. In many countries you even go to pre-trial detention right away. And even if you are spoken free at court, your reputation is eternally damaged, even after death and it´s akin to social-death.

This is by the way a story on true facts, the boy killed himself afterwards.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/08/false-rape-accusation-leads-to-alaska-mans-beating-death/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-falsely-accused-of-rape-commits-suicide.html

http://www.cotwa.info/2015/10/a-national-disgrace-another-young-man.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3256157/Student-17-hanged-falsely-accused-rape.html

These are some of more. What I want to show is, that not all women are victims and all men rapists. We have to look at each person as an individual.
    Saying all men are "white privileged men" and all women are "victims of patriarchy" does nothing more than spawn anger and hate in both men and women, in women for being posed as victimized and in men for being demonized.

As I said, there are very noble feminists who fight for the right goals, but just as many left-wing feminists who just plainly hate men, either because of brainwashing or personal bad experiences with the only goal to destroy men and everything they are.

As said, everyone is an individual, even feminists are individuals with differing opinions.

Sadly, there has been a massive growth in left wing feminists and many former feminists I knew have resigned and left the scene. I am sure there are still good people left, but the left-wing just gets the most attention.

Recently, there has been a feminist group in Sweden, that wanted free tampons for every women, because they "don´t want to pay for being a women" and honestly, I was shocked. I really thought the world would end that moment. Can someone really be that selfish? can someone really be so naive or manipulative.. it was outreagous.

http://modernwomandigest.com/disturbing-new-feminist-trend-free-bleeding/

Because of many such occurences there are some men who decided to get revenge, pay back and to stand up against this "injustice". They have different names, MGTOW - Men going their own way, "The red pill" a reddit forum numbering in the hundredthousand and others sites such as manosphere, return of kings and whatsoever.

Many of these men were/are bitter and some hate/d women. They made individual bad experiences with women. The created something called "game" a way of manipulation to get a girl doing things as they please and getting them to have sex with them. The former mistreated men, which found no love, respect or achievement with the other sex found an (wrong or not) outlet. Of course, this doesn´t justify what they do, but it makes this at least somewhat understandable.

Nowadays, if a man achieves something, it will be belittled, calling it a "male privilege".

Men who earn more, men who have authority and are in power, only every one side of the coin is seen. No one knows about the hardships, the tears, blood and sweat it took men to get that far (because many men are very competitive by nature).

No one ever sees the responsiblities, they duties and things one has to do, coupled with power, the fear of failing and the burden. The fear of not earning enough for your family to provide.
    I think it is sad, that many women don´t take pride in (their) men anymore. Back in the days, many men took pride in the beauty, femininity, sweetness, intelligence and help of their women. But no, nowadays many women and men hate each other, bearing grudges because of political tools and manipulated information.

Of course there have been enough women who have been and are mistreated, either domestic violence, rape and many other gruesome things. But all these things are individual, attacking the male as a gender, nowadays, is shocking and sad.

Of course, many women were somewhat dependent on their men back in the days. But they also had the time to do what they really wanted to do, while man were stuck in work day in day out. Women didn´t bear the burden of providing for their family. Not all men are CEO´s, many have to work in manual labour, and honestly, I don´t think many women want to be there.
    This is true.

Of course, if nowadays a woman wants to pursue a career and make it big, that´s totally okay. But shaming men, because they wanted freedom for their families, enabling their women to live life as they wanted and pursue their dreams is pretty much really really unfair.

Another thing is "men who hit women are not men" or "men shall not hit women no matter what"

Really?
    What if I am caught cheating and my girlfriend wants to stab me for real?
    Society expects of me to let myself get murdered?
    What if a female strangers is pissed of for some (good unrelated to me) reason and tries to vent her anger on me, either by hitting me in the face, spitting at my, shouting in my face or disrespecting me in public?

Honestly a "woman who does that, is not a woman" for me.

I honestly have to say my opinion here, I would never ever, even not in my dreams, raise my hand against a lady. But if a stranger, no matter man or woman, hits me in the face for no reason, I would give him/her a healthy slap, a punch for men (see how I am sexist here, for hitting men harder? lol)

If someone insulted me or shouted in my face, I would push him or her back.

If someone spit in my face, I would give him a punch or her a healthy slap.

And I take pride and honour in that. Because I want to be respected, no matter if feminists call me a "misogynist", I will not be mistreated and brainwashed because of some women´s bad past experiences.

I do not hate a gender, I hate individuals if I have to hate someone. I hate a woman who only wants a men for his money, and then only this woman and not all women in the world.

Not all women are angels and saints and also guys are either good or bad.

In the end, both feminism and The red pill, MGTOW etc.. are very radical and extreme, I advice you, if you want to achieve a happy and healthy life, don´t get involved with extremists - may it either be left wing feminism or the other mentioned stuff. There are truths told on boths sides, but in the end it is over-dramatisized and peculiar.

Men, take pride in your manliness, it is okay to see a woman for a woman and love her femininity. That´s how nature created us and there is no need to justify our nature. Don´t get taken down, bitter or negative by and due to extreme and unfair feminists.

And women, not all men are what feminism makes them out to be, if you find a man whom you really like, value him and respect him, nothing could make him more happy than seeing his girl being his backbone.

There are certain ways of nature that are, just as they are.
    What differs humanity from animals is, that due to logic and reason we can evade or surpress and partly even dominate our nature. But taking it to extremes never has a good ending.

Be for fair treatment of both genders but you´d best stay aways from modern-day feminism AND MGTOW as also their associates.

Learn to get to know each other, hate often is created due to misunderstandings and not knowing each other.

Don´t transfer someone´s bad experiences with the other sex on all men or women in the world. And even if there are thousands of cases, that´s next to nothing if you remember that there are billions of people in the world. Men mistreat women, women mistreat men, life often doesn´t go the way we wish for but blaming an entire sex for it is just not right.

I hope I could broaden your view, as said this is my personal view.

I can understand men, who are aggressive and bitter, but do not support them. I can understand women who really went through bad things, but do not support their hate for all men. Cherish each other, accept nature and treat each other with respect, really not that hard, is it? :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Feminists aren't going to get the message unless they get ostracized, just like how they try to ostracize men who aren't politically correct. Unfortunately, there are enough men (including the president) looking out for them that this will never happen. The state used to have to channel masculinity in a favorable direction. Now they can just replace us with robots, sperm banks, and women in pantsuits. In a few generations the only way forward will be a parallel society or starvation.

3. RealLifeGamer

RealLifeGamer Fapstronaut

I can understand you being kind of frustrated but the majority of women are not feminists on the extreme site. There are still many charming, and fair women, you just have to make the best out of reality.

TakingTheSteps and Leanne like this.
  4. Leanne

Leanne Fapstronaut

No, NOT every man is a rapist! Of course not; good point.
    However, EVERY woman must worry about getting raped/assaulted. It's a sad truth of womanhood. Here's something I ran into just a moment ago on facebook:
    http://www.dose.com/style/28133/Here-s-Why-Women-Everywhere-Will-Delete-Uber-On-April-19

5. Leanne

Leanne Fapstronaut

I should have prefaced my comment by saying that I was not angry by your comments/opinions (though I thought I would be - yes, I did not listen to the warning you gave to not read if one gets angry easily, but I'm human, you know? :)
    I simply wanted to note the experience of a woman as well.
    Thank you for your civil comment on extremist and that we should avoid it. I agree. Brotherly and sisterly love all around!

RealLifeGamer likes this.
  6. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

I agree that it is best to dissociate yourself from extremists, as the agenda that they may be promoting may be very far from the truth, however I believe it is a mistake to label feminism as being extremist. Yes, there is extremism among some third wave feminists, however to label the whole idea of feminism as being extremist is careless.

Leanne likes this.
  7. Leanne

Leanne Fapstronaut

Agreed! Thanks for bringing that up. For example, I'm a feminist. Not extreme though :)

8. I actually think @RealLifeGamer did a really good job of NOT doing that. Anytime he criticized feminism, he was criticising "modern day" feminism or "left winged" feminists, not the movement as a whole.

Anywhoozle, I agree and great post, Gamer. You wrote like a legit research paper here. Lol

RealLifeGamer and Leanne like this.
  9. MFCSteele

MFCSteele Fapstronaut

Oh look at you posting sources. Remeber, some poeple will just cry "triggered" if they start to lose the argument. Or call you names. If you can't win against facts just destroy the debate.
    Those 1st wave and 2nd wave feminists were real heros for thier movement. Ashamed it was hijacked by lunatics.

10. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

11. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

Well it was only a matter of time before I commented on this one haha.

We're all equal. If you see a girl at a party then go flirt with her. If you see a guy you think is a rapist then avoid contact with him. Nuff said. I think we are making this wayyyy to complicated.

12. Iwillsuceed

Iwillsuceed Fapstronaut

Yes finally people with brains & logic. the lack of logic on both sides of the internet has amazed me. Cause it doesn't matter what you say I will always come off as offending to someone. and I'm talking about the extreme sides to be clear but I don't wanna type it all the time so now you know.
    We're all human and we're all equal right?

13. I went on the red pill reddit page once a while back and there was really a calculated post all about how to trick your wife into giving you some when she says she's tired o_O

14. Sleeping_Beauty

Sleeping_Beauty Fapstronaut

This part made me cry a little bit...I have been a feminist in the past, rejected gender roles, hated everything about being a "woman" or men for being "manly" because I saw it as a form of oppression. But now I see that it's just people being individuals-not all women are feminine and not all men are traditionally masculine but it is the general trend. And there's nothing wrong with that! Men and women complement each other beautifully, in my opinion.

Overall I thought this was a really great post, and it's great to see a balanced perspective on the matters of both kinds of sexism, and on how we can relate with one another rather than demonizing the other. Thanks for sharing.