1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fun Analogies for Understanding Consent

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AllanTheCowboy, Apr 3, 2016.

1. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

A man went to the food court at the mall, to maybe get some lunch. The pretzel guy grabbed the shopper by the shirt and said "hey come on you're hungry, and I know you'll love my pretzels." The shopper had to physically shove away the pretzel guy in order to keep walking. The guy at the Chinese place yelled out "hey you look like you're hungry, man - I'd love some of your money in my till!" While the shopper was distracted by that, the guy from thepizza place ran up to the shopper, crammed pizza in the shopper's mouth, reached into the shopper's pocket and pulled out $3.50, the price of the pizza. The shopper was in total shock and just went home.

The next day the shopper went to the police station to report the pizza guy for assaulting him, and stealing his money. The police officer says "well, you WERE at the food court. You must have been looking for food. You had money in your pocket to buy food with. Is it really the pizza guy's fault that he misunderstood? I mean, you have to admit you were sending out some pretty hungry signals."

But somehow this sounds reasonable if it was a woman in a short skirt at a club?

Or this one:

I want some pants, so I'm going to go to the store to try on pants. Fun facts about this process:
    -I am not required to buy any pants, just because I went to the store.
    -I can try on a pair of pants and then not buy them.
    -I can try on as many pairs as I want; the pants don't get a say.
    -I get to decide whether I buy any pants, no matter how good the pants think they look on me.
    -Even if I really like a pair of pants, and look awesome in them, and had them on for a long time in the changing room, I still do not have to buy the pants.
    -If I say I like a pair of pants, I don't have to try them on, even if the pants think I should.
    -If I pick up a pair of pants and carry them around, I do not have to try them on.
    -If I'm finished trying on a pair of pants, the pants do not get to stay on, just because they think I should like them.
    -If I buy a pair of pants, I get to pick which pair.
    -I don't have to try on any pairs of pants at all.
    -At any time, I can leave the store with no pants at all.

Cool story:
    You can substitute "club" for store, "casual sex partner" for pants, "talk to/dance with/flirt with" for "try on," and "have sex with" for "buy," and these Fun Facts curiously remain valid!

Leanne likes this.
  2. This just tells me that women don't know themselves what they want. They send so many mixed signals because their brain is chaos. They are lost in their own brain. A guy's responsibility is to help those poor, confused creatures or else they would starve to death. Is that's what you're saying?

3. AllanTheCowboy

Are you joking?

Leanne likes this.
  4. Partly... but no really. Sometimes I feel that way a little. But I guess to them that makes sense. Sometimes I wish I would be gay, things would be so much easier...

5. AllanTheCowboy

What it says is that when someone goes to the club specifically looking to get laid, she still gets to choose who, if anyone, she has sex with. She can also go home without having sex, if she doesn't meet someone she wants to have sex with. That is the point.

Leanne and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Yea, I get ya, I get ya...

Speaking of pants tho. Sometimes woman does not like any pair of pants. She does not want to try on any pants. She does not even think that she needs any pants. In fact, she is not even planning to go to store at all! But somehow she still ends up in store buying 3 pairs of pants and wearing them on herself, all 3 at once. Figure that out...

Buzz Lightyear likes this.
  7. AllanTheCowboy

I have figured it out: as a thinking, autonomous human being, she changed her mind.

Leanne likes this.
  8. Or maybe pants changed her mind! She was like "I don't need any pants" and pants were like "you need pants" then she was like "I need pants". Sometimes you just have to be a man and tell her what's up! Show that you are an alpha pants. Not just your average Chinese crafted casual pants that will go out of fashion next summer. Maybe when woman goes to store and ends up trying out many pants and never buying any might mean that there just isn't any good pants around worth buying!

9. Also, I just wanna add that there is no such thing as consent. There is "yes" (which means "yes") and there is "no" (which means "yes"). Muhuahaha!

10. Rape jokes are never funny.

11. MFCSteele

MFCSteele Fapstronaut

Regret is not rape.
    Men are not rapists; humans are rapists.
    Women are not victims; humans are victims.

I, for fun, asked most of the people I work with what they feel the punishment for rape, after a fair trail, should be. We all liked "death"

12. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Meanwhile, the supreme court ruled against that because they knew there were men getting convicted on flimsy evidence.

13. MFCSteele

MFCSteele Fapstronaut

14. This just makes me sad for our society. Most of the people are sociopathic murderers. They primary emotions to go to is fear and anger, instead of love and compassion. That's one of the root problems of this world.

15. MFCSteele

MFCSteele Fapstronaut

So you want to love and understand rapists? You want to hug people who wamt to kill you?
    I dont think our society is full of murderers, I think we have a lot of people who understand the world.

Leanne likes this.
  16. Well, I guess I should put "murderers" in quotes. Cos what is murder? One definition of murder is that it is killing without valid excuse. And no, I don't think in this case it is a valid excuse. People are simply angry and not objective. Anger is not valid excuse. If somebody attacks your life or life of somebody else killing them to prevent that is a valid excuse. But in this case, in my opinion, punishment does not fit the crime. But I guess that's subjective.

If you want your beliefs in life to be driven by fear and hate then I guess go on, I don't want to. That's not healthy for my own mentality. I do not claim to understand everything about the world. But how can somebody who is living with fear and anger based mentality can possibly see the world for what it is? Those things clouds the judgement and distorts perception.

Yes. I want to hug them, sure. And understand them. I want to cure them. I see criminals as mentally sick people. People can change. They need to be helped and rehabilitated with approach of love, compassion and respect. That is how we change them. Not punishment. There is nothing constructive in punishment. Especially death penalty. It simply makes us feel better. It does not changes things. If somebody kills and law system kills them back now all we did was waste two lives instead of one. What a victory, isn't it? ...

The whole justice system is in my opinion dysfunctional. Punish, punish, punish. Lock up and forget about the problem. Close your eyes and ears and hope than once he is released in 20 years time he won't kill/rape anymore. We are creating more criminals in jail system than we are "rehabilitating".

17. MFCSteele

MFCSteele Fapstronaut

I will totally agree, if I understand what youre putting down, that we have a mental health issue in the world. A 15 yr old robs a place and getting locked away for decades wont really solve anything.

However, i understand and know that there are people who wont change. I know that laws don't prevent crime. Consequences stop crime. Risk vs reward. Part of the system is keeping dangers away. I think too many people who can be helped are locked away but there are evil people out there.
    But I tell you what, me and the others like me will shoulder that awful burden of being mean and angry and keeping that evil at bay so you can explain how we are afraid. I think there are too many quotes out there but one comes to mind "I used to be scared, then I became what I fear most; death"

It's a great dream that everyone just repsect everyone and be nice. That's not the world we live in.
    Im afraid of spiders, alligators, wasps, my kid growing up and hating me, my country resenting me (which is fucking happening) but I dont fear criminals; I'm better trained. And yeah, they may at some point kill me but i will go to the grave happy knowing that I will be the hardest son of a bitch they ever fought. Then again, I'm the 1% so I'm different than you.

What do you think about how our country are handling the mentally ill

18. I don't believe that. I don't think there is such thing as too far gone.

I'm not against locking people up either. I'm against how we treat those people when they are locked up. We just lock them up and pretty much leave them marinate there. Not enough involvement from government in actual rehabilitation work and not enough positive reinforcement and conditioning.

Of course it isn't. But does that mean we have to just accept it? "Why even bother... it's just a dream. Real life is what is it, face it!" Well, I can face it, but I don't wanna accept it...

If not fear than anger maybe, or a similar emotion. My point is it all comes from somewhere that negative side of spectrum...

We can still do what is necessary with love and compassion in our minds. Yes, even killing people. It's not about not doing what is necessary and pretending world is unicorns and rainbows when it isn't. To me it's about seeing world as it is. But working on changing things that we want to see changed, or at very least being ourselves a part of change that we want to see in a world, if that's all we can do.

I don't think we are from same country. And I am not very well informed on this. But generally all around the world I think we rely too much on drugs.

19. Leanne

Leanne Fapstronaut

Thank you.

AllanTheCowboy likes this.
  20. Leanne

Leanne Fapstronaut

Thank you for posting this. It even gives me perspective that it isn't my fault that I was hurt/abused when I was younger. Thank you.