1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Firearms: my anti-fap

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jehu2077, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Jehu2077

Jehu2077 Fapstronaut

That's a HUGE deal. Yes, you should learn to shoot with either hand (strong, weak unsupported, supported etc.) But the biggest issue i had when learning to shoot was using the wrong hand. I'm right handed but left eye dominant so i grew up shooting rifles ambidextrously, but mainly lefty. It did not translate into pistol and i was awful. Start out using your strong hand supported to build confidence and good fundamentals, then worry about training your other hand.
    Also, most pistols have an ambidextrous control variant or one made for lefties.

TakingTheSteps and darthstilio like this.
  2. That's a good point on practicing with your off-hand. You never know in a serious situation if you'll be incapacitated or not, and you might need to adjust in the heat of the moment. I carry without a round in the chamber, but then my brother asked me what I would do if one of my hands was unusable and I can't cock the pistol. Now I want to carry something locked and cocked, another reason why I want to move away from the LCP which has no manual safety..I don't want to accidentally fire it if I have to suddenly reach for it in my purse.

3. MFCSteele

MFCSteele Fapstronaut

What kind of glass did you put on that 270?

Kimber covert 2 custom 1911
    Springfield soccom m1a
    Beowulf ar 15 (.50 cal)
    ACR
    M&P 9mm
    M1 Garrand
    Ak 74 Romanian import
    Mossberg 590
    XD subcompact .40
    .38 revolver
    .22 target pistol
    And a spear gun

4. Jehu2077

Jehu2077 Fapstronaut

Impressive list
    Impressive list!
    Honestly I couldn't tell you off the top of my head, and my dad is keeping that baby locked up tight back home, otherwise I'd go grab it. You can't hunt with a long rifle in this state so I saw no point keeping it here.
    I'm torn currently between modifying my shotgun for home defense or making my SKS more tacticool. There are some great options out there for aftermarket stocks, and my current one has no rail attachments.

5. MFCSteele

MFCSteele Fapstronaut

If you're not shooting a shotgun; you're loading it. But your sks is clip fed. You may want to save up and get a seprate firearm

6. Jehu2077

Jehu2077 Fapstronaut

I don't mind using stripper clips, once you're proficient at reloading with them its not a big deal to do it. Not as quick as a detachable magazine, but still better than hand loading.
    I do have one detachable 30 round magazine but I don't use it since I only have the one, but I'll probably buy two or three more in the future.
    I use a police 870 at work, few people continue to cause trouble once that first round is racked into the chamber. Not like I don't have other weapons to use when ammo is exhausted.

7. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

ATTACH=full]3350[/ATTACH] upload_2016-3-21_15-32-27.png
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Jehu2077 likes this.
  8. That 2nd one looks rather inspired by the Beretta 92 FS

9. Jehu2077

Jehu2077 Fapstronaut

Very nice!
    Had a great range day yesterday. Took a friend of mine who has little firearms experience. Always rewarding to have someone come in shooting all over the paper and have them leave shooting tighter groups and nailing center mass. Got to break out the ol' SKS yesterday too, forgot what blast it is to shoot that beast, putting 124grain rounds through it feels like shooting an airgun. Decided I'll switch out the stock to my folding stock, still deciding if I'm gonna put tactical rails on it. I'd like to try out a foregrip but after yesterday I don't think it needs it. Don't wanna fool around too much with a good thing.

10. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

it actually came before the berretta. The Cz 75 was made in 1975. It was part of the original "wonder nines".
    Heres a video

11. Jehu2077

Jehu2077 Fapstronaut

To those of you who carry, what holster do you use/carry style you prefer?
    I've been appendix carry with a Blackhawk IWB adjustable holster, but I just got a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe for my FNX. Fantastic holster, I never thought I'd be able to conceal that beast but with that holster it's almost perfect. Won't work with a tshirt very well but with a tucked in dress shirt it's impossible to notice unless you know what you're looking for.

12. MFCSteele

MFCSteele Fapstronaut

I dropped the cash and got a Raven Concealment. A phantom i think? I carry a full sized 1911. Depending on the clothing i go otw or itw at the 3 o'clock position. I'm a fat disgusting slob who deserves neither pity or mercy so it easy to hid a full frame. I love hoodie weather because outside the waste is so much better.
    Im, going to sound odd, happy you said blackhawk! and not an Uncle Mike.

13. Jehu2077

Jehu2077 Fapstronaut

Nothing odd about that! I have a cheap shoulder holster that I consider an "uncle Mike" type holster. Just got it to see how I would like using a shoulder holster. Glad I did, no real applications where I'd rather use a shoulder holster over an IWB holster.

14. Jehu2077

Jehu2077 Fapstronaut

Range day today! Mostly for my wife, she's trying to qualify for her carry permit.
    We both shot a Smith & Wesson 627 snub nose just to see what 38 special coming out of a 1.8 inch barrel felt like.
    The verdict: not fun.
    She'll probably just carry my Shield as she's had plenty of practice with it, trusts it and even though the recoil can be a bear, she's plenty accurate with it.
    I broke down and got the membership at the range though. I've been holding out for a while but I'm starting to spend a lot more time there since I got a pay bump so this will probably save money... at least that's what I tell myself;)

15. Matthew81

Matthew81 Fapstronaut

Ah firearms it is always nice to chat guns. So many people are skittish about this subject these days.
    I have a decent collection started. Nothing fancy since I've had a tight budget.
    1942 Mosin Nagant
    WASR 10/63 Ak47 variant
    Mossberg 500 12ga
    H&R pardner pump 20ga
    Mossberg .22
    Hi-point 4095 carbine (yeah the pistols are garbage but the carbines are decent)
    And a .410 snakecharmer

Sadly no pistols yet. I live in ny state and in a county that has a 2 year backlog for pistol permits.

Attached Files:

16. Jehu2077

Jehu2077 Fapstronaut

A 2 year backlog? May I ask what state this is? Most states have a maximum wait time on the books.
    I'd say that's a good collection though! I would like to convert my Remington 870 20ga to something more home defense friendly, but after buying a short barrel another hundred dollars would by me a whole new shotgun. I've also thought about turning it into a slug gun. In my state you can only hunt with slug guns and I'm itching to get back out there. Haven't been on a real hunting trip in 4 years!

17. Jehu2077

Jehu2077 Fapstronaut

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Don't currently have the 30 round magazine attached. Waiting to get more before I commit to using it routinely. Not a gun designed for a 30 round magazine so changes are awkward.
    [​IMG]
    Mine is setup just like this, meant for hunting quail.
    [​IMG]
    For dialing long distance. Weatherby Vanguard 270.
    [​IMG]

18. Matthew81

Matthew81 Fapstronaut

I am in New York State, Erie county to be exact. We have the S.A.F.E act here which is massively restrictive on many aspects of firearms and ownership.

19. Ack Ack Ack

Ack Ack Ack Fapstronaut

Finally! I am home among my own kind!!!
    So many anti-gun people here

MFCSteele likes this.
  20. MFCSteele

MFCSteele Fapstronaut

I had a post about dogs for people who like them and half the replies were from fucktards explaining why they hated dogs.

Ack Ack Ack likes this.