1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I have really bad neck acne.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bluffy, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Bluffy

Bluffy Fapstronaut

Ok I am in high school and have pretty bad acne on my neck and back. I hate it so much. I sit in the front of all my classes and I'm sure everyone can see it and when people start laughing, I get so worried and anxious that they are laughing at my neck acne. I always have to readjust my hoodie to make sure it covers the neck acne. Ugh I hate it so much and just wanted to vent on here:(

2. DYS1994

DYS1994 Fapstronaut

Hi. Have you tried any medication on it? I had a real an acne problem in my high school years too.

3. Bluffy

Bluffy Fapstronaut

My acne is only caused during pmo periods

4. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

It will go away soon, do nothing with it by hands or nails. And don't be scared of how you look.

DYS1994 likes this.
  5. noviceambition

noviceambition Fapstronaut

Best advice is to not touch it, or pick at it, you will get a lot of scars and if you have pimples growing on your eyebrows, then getting scars there will result in a less thick brow (which sucks!). I have a ton of acne scars as a result from puberty and I still get them now, it's an ongoing battle. Most of your acne is from puberty I would say, unless you're eating a lot of junk food right now and not drinking enough water.

Do yourself a favor and buy a big insulated water bottle (if you don't have one), and at least drink it all during the day. Drink more water when you're at home too. I only drink water now, with the exception of some teas, coffee (sometimes), and almond milk. Stop drinking dairy, switch to almond milk (not soymilk, it has phyto-estrogens). Stop eating processed foods like high sugar/sodium snacks and start buying organic snacks (go to wholefoods or an organic store). The best thing you can do is limit the bad stuff, and get more of the good stuff (what you already have in supply at home).

The next best thing that worked for me was getting more sun for vitamin D (at least 10 minutes exposure will do depending on your location). In conjunction with the right supplements and sleep, your skin should improve. I recommend cod liver oil (with high omega-3s, EPA, DHA), magnesium, getting a shower filter (KDF or vit C), switching to organic soap (use less soap too, you don't need to see the suds for it to work), and getting more sleep. If you get an acne infection, use a warm compress to thin the fluid out and let it drain on its own (if you're worried it will pop in your sleep then you can put a towel on your pillow). You can try the protocol Camilo suggested too (I think concentrations less than 3% (diluted in water) with hydrogen peroxide will work as well, so I have heard). Change your bath towels weekly if you don't, and your pillow case as well (since when you use it you're rubbing the bacteria all over it, and if you washed your face and rested on it again then it will return!). I'm still figuring out this acne problem myself... so keep in mind there is adult acne and it can suck. But it's probably just diet, lifestyle, and environmental conditions.

Also, you might want to invest in an RO filter at home, or ask your parents/guardians if they can get one. It will cost a lot less than buying bottled water in the long run. If it's too much to afford then purchasing a container that filters water is another option (to put in your fridge for cold water if it uses a carbon filter). If you want to go even further with water, I would squeeze a slice of lemon into your water bottle every day. I haven't looked too much into the benefits to share why, but it motivates you to drink it as lemon water than flavorless water.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    DYS1994 likes this.