1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Video game/ video game series

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by wildwood, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Favorite games from "childhood":

Rayman 1
    Crash Bandicoot 1 & 3
    Jack & Daxter 1
    Tekken 3
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
    GTA San Andreas
    Worms World Party

Newer ones:

Skyrim
    GTA V
    Mass Effect 2
    Battlefield 3 & 4

Also, just bought Fallout 4 two days ago. Never played the previous ones, but this one has the potential to make it's way on this list, it's quite good.

2. TheAKMan

TheAKMan Fapstronaut

Mostly Nintendo, Sega, and other franchises.
    Nintendo:
    - Mario
    - Super Monkey Ball
    - Pikmin
    - Metroid
    - Banjo Kazooie
    - Conker's Bad Fur Day
    - Splatoon
    - Sonic
    - Kirby
    - Mother/Earthbound Series
    - Bayonetta
    - Star Fox
    - Super Smash Bros.
    - The Legend of Zelda
    - Phantasy Star
    - Donkey Kong
    - Yoshi
    - Animal Crossing
    - NiGHTS

Others:
    - Undertale
    - Kingdom Hearts
    - Halo
    - Freedom Planet
    - TF2 (Team Fortress 2)
    -Left 4 Dead
    - GTA San Andreas Online

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  3. Judicious 7

Judicious 7 Fapstronaut

Nice bump

- Grand Theft Auto (big fan of IV)
    - Fallout: NV
    - Sly Cooper
    - Battlefield BC2 & Battlefield 4
    - Left 4 Dead
    - Gears of War
    - Red Dead Redemption
    - L.A. Noire
    - Splinter Cell
    - Hitman
    - Call of Duty (MW 1 & 2)
    And many more ;)

4. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Anyone plan on getting stellaris when it comes out?

5. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

adventure games for me, mixed with dark themes and psychological horror:

1. neverending nightmares : a dream in a dream in a dream in a dream ...
    2. silence of the sleep : very beautiful graphics
    3. brothers: a tale of two sons : an adventure of two brothers trying to find a cure for their dad being sick
    4. silent hill 2 : loneliness will drive u insane
    5. static speaks my name : very very dark game not recommended for young adults
    6. limbo : dark puzzle game and great story behind (but u gotta figure it out)
    7. alien isolation : alien
    8. metro 2033 and metro last night : when you're living underground.

6. Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura - it's an oldie, but still my favourite RPG, and my favourite game. I've sunk so many hours into this one.
    Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, Oblivion, & Skyrim
    Dungeon Keeper I & II
    GTA San Andreas & GTA V
    Tell Tale's The Walking Dead
    Minecraft
    Garry's Mod (DarkRP in particular)
    Stardew Valley
    - was never much of a console gamer so never got to try Harvest Moon or Rune Factory back in the day, so doing a lot of catching up with this one.
    Thief: The Dark Project, Thief II: The Metal Age, & Thief: Deadly Shadows - I liked 4 too but it doesn't make my favourites list.
    Democracy 3
    Counter-Strike 1.6
    Exile III: The Ruined World
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Mount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis III
    RuneScape (circa 2006 - before it all went downhill)

Just some off the top of my head.

7. My favorite is League of Legends. I play that every day. My favorite single player game is probably Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

8. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

Mortal Kombat series
    Jak and Daxter series
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai series
    Sly Cooper series
    Dead Space 1 & 2
    God of War series
    Twisted Metal
    Smackdown vs Raw (2005 - 2007)
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Rocksmith
    Skyrim
    Deadpool
    ATV Offroad Fury
    Super Smash Bros.
    Injustice: Gods Among Us
    Dishonored
    Sonic Heroes
    Shadow The Hedgehog
    Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex

I don't know what else more I like. So many games to mention. So, I'll just leave it there.

Consoles that I own:

Playstaion 2 and 3
    Gamecube
    Wii (I don't play that shit anymore)

Consoles that I used to own:

SNES
    Nintendo 64
    Playstation

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  9. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I have too many games to list that I love, but here are my most loved games

The Last of Us
    This game from the very beginning captured my attention and I was instantly weeping and immersing myself along with the story as it unfolded. I felt like I knew the characters and also I wanted to keep Ellie safe for real. This game is hands down the best story I have ever played and it still maintained the horror survival element from start to finish.

Gran Turismo series
    All the back around about 19 years ago I played Gran Turismo 1 and was hooked ever since, it inspired my love for subsequently motorbikes. I loved watching it develop over the years and spent countless hours on each of the 7 main titles and the sub titles like Tokyo concept.

My last game and most current is The Division. Although it lacks story in all honesty, it's still and incredibly beautiful game, but also very distressing in the fact it highlights how cruel a world could become after society collapses. The best part of this game for me personally though is the dark zone, especially trying to figure out if other players will attack you or not, never knowing who to trust and never wanting to turn your back.

Honourable mentions
    Spyro
    Crash bandicoot
    God of war series
    Project cars

I would go on but I have to draw a line somewhere ha.

10. Matthew81

Matthew81 Fapstronaut

I've been stuck to fallout4 since November.

11. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

"Shit"? There are some good games for the Wii!

TheAKMan likes this.
  12. The good old days were playing Super Smash Bros on Nintendo 64.

13. TheAKMan

TheAKMan Fapstronaut

I hope I'm not the only one here who plays Xenoblade Chronicles.

14. The Batman: Arkham series is one of the best franchises, IMO. While Origins was lacking, the rocksteady trilogy are amazing, and I think that City would make a top 10 7th gen game

15. Death Mammal

Death Mammal Fapstronaut

Skyrim
    Diablo II
    Portal 1 & 2
    And a lot of Terraria lately

letter likes this.
  16. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    The time has come to unleash my inner-geek!! There, you've been warned.

To this day, I have fond memories when I was 6 and spent many happy hours splashing bogies in Falcon 3.0. I still remember the floppy disk and the enormous size of the game manual. It rivaled the bible in its size, covering all the intricate details of aerodynamics & tactical flight-combat and more. I studied it and still remember the yo-yo and scissors moves that when properly executed would force an enemy pilot on your 6 to overcompensate and end up dead in your sights. It had an excellent soundtrack, and now that I'm getting into music composition I am working on breathing new life into those old & outdated tunes. Because of this fondness I have with flight simulators I am eagerly awaiting the release of Ace Combat 7 and Eve: Valkyrie. VR flight/space combat simulators? SIGN ME UP! Even as exciting as those may be, Falcon 3.0 will always hold a special place in my heart for being such a meticulously executed game that no flashy newcomer will be easily able to take it's place. Anyways, when those games come out, I'll look forward to having you on my wing if you'd dare to fly with me. I assure you, I'm not a pilot you'd want to meet as an enemy.

Recently, I got hooked on Dead Star when it was made free on PS4/PS+, it's a nifty space-themed MOBA. Last week I was a worldwide top 100 pilot overall in the leaderboards, and top 10 for various other aspects of the game, but recent life commitments caused me to scale back the amount I was playing and may have dropped a few spots. It's helping scratch the combat flight sim itch until AC7 / E:V are released.

I'll mess around in various FPS games, like Call of Duty, Borderlands or Destiny. But, these games lack the simplicity I loved in earlier FPS titles like Delta Force. Also, the rampant hacking in Combat Arms really sullied my FPS experience. I still like it, but knowing that the hacks are out there make FPS harder to enjoy.

I instantly fell in love with Final Fantasy VII, it was my gateway drug into the wonderful world of RPG's. It is my favourite game to this day, for so many reasons from personal to mundane and musical (lots of <3 to Nubuo Uematsu). The kind of character Cloud was echoed many of my own struggles in a most uncanny way. At times it was like I was playing the game of my own life. So, to say I am looking forward to the remake is an understatement. I bought a PS4 for the sole reason of the remake. Other RPG titles have been noteworthy (FFVI, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, Legend of Dragoon, Baulder's Gate, Fallout, Earthbound... to name a few) but I'd give up top spots in my RPG favourites to Xenogears and Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross. A schizophrenic pilot on a mission to destroy God is a story too awesome to pass up mentioning, and I am a sucker for anything related to time-travel.

But, we can't forget about puzzle and adventure games, now can we? Hero's Quest! King's Quest! Ringworld! Portal! Or RTS gems like Red Alert & Starcraft!

Alright, I'll put my geek back in the box.. for now.

I've got the handsome collection, but haven't played it much. I may be up for some co-op, though.

wildwood and Death Mammal like this.
  17. RealLifeGamer

RealLifeGamer Fapstronaut

Real life. The graphics are awesome. But its hardmode you may die after one shot.

RetroMike and Winston like this.
  18. mondays_suck

mondays_suck Fapstronaut

There were so many games in my life, should be ashamed a bit but it makes me also proud. Let me just bring some on in nostalgia.

Dad's atari early life mega games: Archon, Spy vs Spy, River Raid (Later I found pc version of not-working M.U.L.E.)

Racing games: first ever was Europe Racer, then beloved NFS U2 (U1 was also legendary to me but never as good) and the best NFS MW

FPS games: Halo series (I am pc player and it makes me mad)(substituted with Crysis series), SWBattlefrontII (I was a console peasant once lol, proud of it) then Medal of Honor, later counter-strike and BF3

RTS: Age of empires II, then I. Best of all time impression was Cossacs Back to War;

Figting games: Tekken series.

Arcade: World of Tanks.

I just told you a key story of my life. I have my own life, but play those all through in order they were released and you will find a key to my soul.

RetroMike likes this.
  19. RetroMike

RetroMike Fapstronaut

Too many to name from my childhood (I'm 25 now) and being married, having one child, and trying to start an online business has slowed doing my gaming time. But here is a "short" list:

Nintendo: (My older brother owned this system so I didn't play too much on it)
    Battle toads
    Mario

Super Nintendo/Genesis:
    Mortal Kombat 2 and Trilogy
    The Pagemaster
    Toy Story
    Batman Forever
    Hook
    Super Mario Bros.
    Bevis and Butthead
    AHHH! Real Monsters Game
    Rocko's Modern Life Game (Couldn't pass the the second freakin' level but still was fun haha)

N64:
    Mario 64
    Super Smash Bros
    Mortal Kombat 4 (I think that was the title)
    Rampage World Tour (The first one was the best and the others were crap)
    Blitz
    Killer Instinct

Playstation:
    Tekken Series (3 was the best)
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater
    Grand theft Auto 1
    Resident Evil 3

Playstation 2:
    GTA 3, Vice City, SA
    State of Emergency
    Tekken Tag Tournament
    True Crime: Streets of LA
    NBA Street Series (Volume 2 was GOLDEN!)
    Dead of Alive 4
    Soul Caliber

Gamecube:
    Resident Evil Zero
    Resident Evil 4 (Hands down best of the series IMO)

PS3/Xbox360
    Uncharted Series
    Battlefield 3
    GTA 4
    Marvel VS Capcom
    Gears of War Series
    Call of Duty
    Halo

Xbox 1:
    Fallout 4
    GTA 5
    The Division
    Mortal Kombat X

PC:
    Rollercoaster Tycoon series (EXCEPT RCT World....No comments for that one)
    Planet Coaster (Which by the way looks GOLDEN and I would trade my iMAC for a PC just for that game!)

This is a dry list of my favorite systems and titles but it really does go on. Some games that I liked a lot I don't remember the title (I have bad memory haha).

Gamerwife85 and Knight Solaire like this.