1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sih

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by sih, Feb 23, 2016.

1. sih

sih Fapstronaut

What a day, I had so many revelations, particularly one of releasing pain. How did I get there?

I'm in the gym stretching, and I just had this thought of: "I always do these same stretches." So then I was reminded about a conversation with a colleague about muscle memory, and just reflected on that idea of muscle memory. I do most of my workouts, movements, my emotions, my reactions to things, my thoughts are just me going through a regular pattern of responses - nothing new, nothing fresh.

Then it dawned on me later, that with all of my routine patterns, habits, etc., it also has directed the way I have responded to life: always in reaction to pain. Having been hurt by friends, relationships, etc., and always being on gaurd against that. It's not living happy, it's always being on defense. Release the pain. I could feel my muscles opening like beginning to release years of pain. Wow! So big, I thank God, yoga, and meditation for this kind of insight.

2. Very wonderful post and insight sih :D Thank you for sharing :)

sih likes this.
  3. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Thanks bro, you too!

4. sih

sih Fapstronaut

5. jfromcr

jfromcr Fapstronaut

Hi sih,

There is a meditation that I follow that asks at one point "What happens when you stop resisting the tension?" It was profound like your comment. I spent so much time fleeing the pain of relationship and the truth that I built more and more resistance. It is amazing how life can change when you are open to momentary pain and not fight to avoid it all together.

sih likes this.
  6. sih

sih Fapstronaut

7. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Thank you, I really like this.