1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

1) I'm grateful for sliced bread, it's easy and delicious.
    2) I'm grateful for my fingers, how hard would it be to pick stuff up without fingers, or type?!
    3) I'm grateful for smiling, it makes me feel good, and others too!

2. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for the nice weather today.
    2. I am grateful for technology
    3. I am grateful for the internet.

3. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

* I'm grateful that my thoughts don't have to control me.

* I'm grateful for a lotion I have for dry skin, it works well.

* I'm grateful that I can choose whether or not to rub that lotion on. There is no maniac yelling "It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again!"

* On a more serious note, I'm grateful for all the freedom I have.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    BushidoWarrior likes this.
  4. Wasdof

Wasdof New Fapstronaut

1.) I am grateful of being a Christian, my belief help me in the darkest days of my life, this is my light upon the shadows.
    2.) I am grateful because the members of my family are in good health, but at least, the sick ones are happy.
    3.). I am grateful of my parents, specially for my mother and my grand-father.

5. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful that I had no super-traumatic experiences as a child. That kind of thing can leave one scarred for life.
    2. I'm grateful that I had everything I needed as a child. Food, shelter, a loving family, good friends, education, entertainment...what else could I want?
    3. I'm grateful that the cold snap has finally disappeared. Back to warm weather again!

sih and WalkingForward like this.
  6. SLIPZ19

SLIPZ19 Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful that I have friends.

2. I am grateful that I have legs to walk from the station to work.

3. I am grateful that it's FRIDAY!!!

7. sandz2016

sandz2016 Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for being able to study what I want I have been lucky to get on the course I wanted without too much resistance. I see others who have had to do so much more to get on this course.

2. I am grateful for my parents. May be cheesy, but they need a shout out. They are always there to support me.

3. I am grateful for the fact I am naturally healthy I have been blessed with the fact I haven't needed to live with any big illness. infact I haven't had to see the doctor for the last 6 years now.

8. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

* Yesterday I was on my way to the grocery store but had a panic attack and went back home. But since then, I've realized that panic attacks don't have to stop me from going about my day. It feels like you might faint or fall over but that's definitely not gonna happen. Blood is pumped rapidly to your muscles, your digestive system slows or shuts down (which can cause feelings of nausea) and adrenaline is released which makes you feel scared. It's the fight or flight response that is set in motion, designed to save us from danger, although not very useful in most modern day situations. Panic attacks can be terrifying, extremely uncomfortable and feel overwhelming but they are not dangerous at all.

So I'm grateful for being able to have panic attacks and go about my day, do what I have to and want to do.

* I'm grateful that I went to the gym today for the first time in a week. I was gonna go last Sunday but had slept poorly and used my tiredness as an excuse. Then I was gonna go on Wednesday but was feeling dizzy and had been having panic attacks during the day, I used that as an excuse.

I had anxiety/slight panic attacks going to the gym and being at the gym today. But I didn't let that stop me. I'm grateful for that.

* There are a lot of hot girls at the gym I go to, most of them wear tight tank tops and shorts/yoga pants/tights. They are making me feel nervous but that is my issue, not theirs, they should wear whatever they feel comfortable working out in.

That is not a p sub at all because I'm out in the real world, working on myself. I'm not at the gym to look at girls and I don't stare at them.

These hot girls are training me to be more comfortable around women, and they are teaching my brain that they can wear whatever they want without being objects for my pleasure. I'm grateful for that.

sih and BushidoWarrior like this.
  9. I'm not sure if I'll remember to post in here regularly - but I'll at least post here each time I remember to even if I don't do the month.
    1. I am grateful for the self-restraint and willpower that has allowed me to reach 71 days of my 90 day challenge so far, and also not to drink today even though I've been drinking every Friday night for a long time.
    2. I am grateful for my girlfriend, how she makes me smile, and how supportive she's been with knowing about my social anxiety etc, and how patient she's been knowing about my 90 day challenge.
    3. I am grateful for the slow but gradually growing sales of my e-book and audio course, and trust that they will continue to improve over time.
    For anyone who's enjoying this gratitude thread, there's a way you can put this to even further use. Any time you're not 100% positive and feeling on top of the world and like your life is progressing forward positively, just start listing things you feel grateful for.

Not three though, not five, not ten. I'm talking list off 30, 40, 50+ things you feel grateful for. They can be little things like how the sun is out today, or how a song you like played on the radio - or big things. Just keep listing them until you find yourself starting to smile and feel better, and soon you'll be back in a great mood.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
    sih and SLIPZ19 like this.
  10. BushidoWarrior

That's true. A good way of doing this is the ABC Gratitude Technique. I learned it off the The One You Feed podcast. If you're sitting around ruminating, just start listing things you're grateful for that begin with the letter A, and then progress up to Z. That will make you feel better in no time!

JesusGreen likes this.
  11. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for the abundance of opportunities around me. Opportunities to meet people, improve myself, enhance my skillset, you name it.
    2. I'm grateful for the peace and quiet I enjoy on a Saturday morning. Nothing like knowing that right here, right now, all is well and good and there's nothing to do.
    3. I'm grateful that I got a good night's sleep. Insomnia is a pain in the arse. It makes you appreciate those 8+ hour sleep-filled nights all that much more.

WalkingForward and sih like this.
  12. SLIPZ19

SLIPZ19 Fapstronaut

Ah yes, another one of these!...

1. I am grateful that it's Saturday and I could sleep late, get some tasks done and relax and watch sports (later).

2. I am grateful that I was strong enough last night not to relapse. Thank-you NoFap!

3. I am grateful that I was able to buy myself breakfast.

13. sih

sih Fapstronaut

I am grateful for this thread, and finally have something consistently positive to read! Thank you for this and to it's founder!!!

14. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Amen!

WalkingForward likes this.
  15. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Yes, bless it!

BushidoWarrior likes this.
  16. sih

sih Fapstronaut

This is answered prayer. I was just in my room laying depressed on my bed, and was thinking about a meditation to be more happy: change my friends, change my life, change me, ... etc., when it dawned on me that I need to be more grateful. Just reading this thread gives my brain such a boost, blood is flowing positively throughout it. I have been so depressed without even realizing it. Praise God for this and for waking me up! A new community of friends and support will help me realize how much I have, and not focus on what I think I don't. May God continue to bless us all!!!

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  17. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Amen!

1. I'm grateful for my awesome YouTube viewers/subscribers - waking up to see more comments from them on my videos, and interacting with them, answering their questions etc is always really fun. Without them I wouldn't do what I do.
    2. I'm grateful for still being in that "newbie gains" period of working out, where I'm both losing body fat % and gaining muscle.
    3. I'm grateful for my parents, and everything they've done for me - especially for having had to put up with all the shit they did during the worst period of my life just over a year ago.

18. sandz2016

sandz2016 Fapstronaut

3 things I am greatful for today:

1. The weather today
    Seriously, the weather today was gorgeous. Considering we have just been though a crappy rainy winter it was great to have some sunshine in which I could just sit outside and revise. Absolutely great.

2. I am able to do what I have always wanted to

Sometime you lose sight of the fact that what you are doing is something your former self always wanter. Right now with the stress of exams etc. it is easy to forget why you are studying. But taking a minute out to remember that this is something I only dreamed about in highschool makes you remember its something to be grateful for.

3. My friends

Gotta love them. They too are revising, butwe always find a good way to relax with eachother.

19. sih

sih Fapstronaut

1. That I'm still alive.

2. That my parents and most of my relatives are alive and healthy.

3. That I found this thread. I am so accustomed to being down, and I didn't even know it. :)